Being scammed - how do you think I will fare?

What will the result be?

• Buyer has a completely valid claim and should be refunded

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Paypal are completely inept and you will have to refund, even though you shouldn't have to

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Paypal will decide in your favour because this 'evidence' is clear

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Be sure to video tape the opening of the returned product!!!

How come you don't have your own ebay and paypal accounts? Just curious.

Yes indeed, I am deliberately getting it 'rejected' so I have to go and collect it from the depot in person, and then I can have a postal employee confirm it as well.

I do have a paypal account, I don't have an ebay account. I gave it up several years ago when they wanted me to pay fees yet didn't provide any customer service... They wanted me to call them (to then go through their automated BS to get an automated response), yet wouldn't answer any of my issues using the 'contact us' form or help avenues. Every message was met with 'please call us'. I didn't want to call them. Then when they came chasing fees I told them I'd pay if they called me, they said that was impossible...

Yes indeed, I am deliberately getting it 'rejected' so I have to go and collect it from the depot in person, and then I can have a postal employee confirm it as well.

Alternatively, if they are stupid enough to send it back without tracking, you could always say that you never received the item, screw them just like they screwed you. You'd probably get some money out of that, to soften the blow of receiving what will probably be jerseys with holes cut in them

Is paypal the most usless company in the world for any kind of service?

The claim has changed to 'requiring your action'. They have not provided me the tracking number he has had to add, so I don't know when it's coming.
The ONLY step remaining in the claim is a box where the ONLY option is to say that I have received the item - it has been returned.

What if it's wrong? What if it's incomplete? What if it's empty? WHY IS THERE NO CORRESPONDENCE OPTION???

So basically,
- buyer files a claim based on internal damage that doesn't seem possible
- paypal discloses or shows zero evidence to support buyer's claim
- paypal takes a few days to decide that the buyer is entitled to a refund, probably not even looking at the THIRTEEN pieces of evidence I provided them with
- paypal will not let me discuss the case
- paypal are unable to understand ENGLISH spoken by the actual account owner
- paypal do not provide return tracking
- paypal will ONLY give me the option to confirm return (of what could be ANYTHING), and then refund the buyer

What a goddamn joke. Can I sue them?

Paypal leaves every single seller completely vulnerable to be scammed on every single transaction! How do more sellers not get scammed?

*Conspiracy theory*
Ebay own Paypal.
Paypal have such completely shoddy seller protection so that sellers do not want to ship internationally or will potentially be scammed.
Ebay implements Global Shipping so that sellers can be protected for international shipping.
Ebay PROFITS from Global Shipping with their incredibly high charges to the buyer....

I just received a $2900 shipment of cards. My country does not tax for these items. If I tried to buy the same, using ebay's global shipping - just picking a random card listed at $2500 - it'd be $41 for postage and $472 in import charges... (which would in reality be zero)

Ebay - $$$$$

I wonder if you set up an ebay and PayPal account to purely scam sellers how long or if PayPal would close it down. How many claims of item not received or not as described and then send back rubbish to satisfy the return to seller criteria do you think it would take? My guess is 30. absolutely ridiculous. Huge conflict of interest they have, surprised they haven't been investigated already. Too big now for anyone to do anything. $$$$$

Are Paypal operated by monkeys???????????

I just logged in to the account to see if they had somehow responded to either of the messages I'd sent them. The case is no longer in the list of open cases...!

Those stupid scumbag jerkoffs have CLOSED THE CASE, issued the refund, even though I have NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING BACK!!!!

And WTF does "Please contact the buyer to have the refund issued from your account returned to you." mean????

jesus they def do not provide customer service. I had a buyer back out of a deal (Fifa 14 on xbox one) and they still made me pay for the fees because the "buyer" didn't back out of the deal. I requested a ticket and case but not one response over 2 months so i just caved in and paid the $3 fee or w/e it was simply because i wanted to start purchasing cards as im currently doing.

I cannot believe they have issued a refund already when you have not even received the package........

Are Paypal operated by monkeys???????????

I just logged in to the account to see if they had somehow responded to either of the messages I'd sent them. The case is no longer in the list of open cases...!

Those stupid scumbag jerkoffs have CLOSED THE CASE, issued the refund, even though I have NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING BACK!!!!

And WTF does "Please contact the buyer to have the refund issued from your account returned to you." mean????

From that I would say it ruled in your favor, the seller needs to refund you the money taken from your account?
Not sure why it's your obligation to chase it up though, PayPal should do it since they are the ones who pulled it in the first place no?

Fuggin sketchy pricks.

From that I would say it ruled in your favor, the seller needs to refund you the money taken from your account?
Not sure why it's your obligation to chase it up though, PayPal should do it since they are the ones who pulled it in the first place no?

Fuggin sketchy pricks.

But I'M the seller... that's why it makes no sense.

Also, I clicked on 'appeal the decision' and instead of ACTUALLY being able to appeal anything, it gives you two options:
I can provide tracking information
The buyer has already been refunded and I can provide proof of the previous refund

What the hell does tracking information (from my side) have to do with this appeal? I assume it's for if there's a non-delivery claim, but providing evidence of a refund isn't a means of appealing a case either! This is just idiotic, automated, unfair BS.

What's happened with this hairy, has it been sorted?

It is an absolute farce.
Paypal have held/taken the funds, I have not received anything back.
I have sent them at least four messages from the account, they have not responded to any of them. I have appealed the case twice, they have denied those because the buyer 'has provided a tracking number' - even though there's a massive loophole there and I have received nothing back. They won't provide the tracking number, they won't provide proof of damage in order for me to claim insurance. Basically, they are screwing me in every way possible.

Did you end up getting these back mate?

I can't believe something like this can happen. It is so wrong for the money to be taken from you without you getting your merchandise back.

Did you end up getting these back mate?

I can't believe something like this can happen. It is so wrong for the money to be taken from you without you getting your merchandise back.

It's a really messy situation because it's not my paypal account so I can't talk to paypal. But basically, nothing was ever returned to the address provided (my one). The two most recent appeals were rejected because 'the buyer provided a valid tracking number' yet they won't tell us what it is in order to see where it went...
The account owner is not responding to any of my messages now. I need them to keep contacting paypal about it, but not sure if they will, and they changed their password so I can't log in and do that like I was (had previous permission to do so). I think about it every single night and it upsets me every time, but now if the account owner won't respond I kind of have to wash my hands of it.
It pisses me off so much though that there were multiple things wrong with their entire side of things, but it was still decided in their favour, and there is zero information provided by paypal, particularly any proof on their side of the claim (damage) and no return of any item!!

So the paypal account is in negative last I knew. I told them to cancel their credit card and abandon the account if paypal wouldn't play ball, not sure what's happening though.

F paypal, seriously. What a BS company with their claim side of things.

Interesting development.

I've obtained the tracking number of the return.

It was delivered on 3rd December and signed for by someone I've never heard of. So he DID send it to the wrong place, obviously deliberately, in order to just prove some form of delivery and keep the items and money.

I've got NZ Post looking for a record of the address it was delivered but they're not sure they will have that information. So I have some slight hopes of getting this turned around, but not likely unless I can get that address and prove he didn't fulfill his obligations.

A-hole scammer.

Check this out...

I have an email from NZ Post confirming that they didn't send to the address I gave them:

I picked up the package (and also got the person who signed for it to sign a letter saying that it did not contain a jersey) - do you think this could hold two NBA jerseys?

This is what was inside:

And it weighed a bit less...

So, I basically have enough evidence to prove that this guy is, in fact, completely and utterly a scammer (something I knew in the beginning).
Now I just need to be able to appeal to Paypal with this info and get them to reverse the claim.

Back
Top Bottom