Are non branded sketch cards as good as branded ones

Andrewceesall

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
andrewceesall
I like Marvel sketch cards I have a few but nothing really special. I figured if I was going to spend $100 or more I really want to get what I want, so I have gone on a list to get 2 cards commissioned by Richard Cox. The price is better than I expected and I get the cards I want. I'm just wondering with resale if I have too, how much does it been on just a blank card hurt the value and if a its a really great card/artist does it matter that its not from a set?

If you have any awesome marvel cards post em up so i can have a look:woot::woot:

The card I want to get done Is based of the scene in Planet Hulk with Thor and Beta Ray Bill teaming up as a 2 piece Puzzle card but they will also work as individual cards too. Acouple of months wait but I will put it up when i get the card or any progress pics

Below is the shot from the movie the cards will be themed on

thor and bill.jpg

Thor_Bill_Destroy_Robot_PH.jpg

With a very few artists (particularly if they don't do commissions any more) then you can get reasonable resale. However, if the artist is doing commissions, resale will always be lower than what you paid - after all, a buyer can get exactly what they want (rather than what you asked for) by dealing directly with the artist.

With a very few artists (particularly if they don't do commissions any more) then you can get reasonable resale. However, if the artist is doing commissions, resale will always be lower than what you paid - after all, a buyer can get exactly what they want (rather than what you asked for) by dealing directly with the artist.

Cheers good to know I have gone for an established artist so maybe he will stop in the future at least one of the other guys working off their wedensdaysheros.com website isn't doing commissions now

WOW you have some awesome cards I'm so so jealous and I only checked the Marvels, I gotta have a good look through your site

The actual term used for commision cards is usually PSC (Personal Sketch Card). Usually the back of these cards are either blank or are printed for artists personal stock which they have avaialble for when people request PSC's. About half of the people i have commisioned either use blank stock or custom stock.

Like Jen said the re-sell of these cards are alot lower then the amount that sketch cards drawn for official sets go for..
Which is a shame because i have some great PSC that i have picked up cheap (sometimes for 99c through ebay..:shock:) and some are are much nicerr then what i have seen from official sets and would sell for alot less.

I dont collect alot of Marvel but this is my favourite card of what i do have by Cat Staggs for the Iron Man 2 set
1277295791.jpg

Back
Top Bottom