Anyone having delays recieving items from the states?

I went to the post office today to check on a package that was shipped from the US on Nov 12th.....it was there...the friendly Parcel Contractor forgot to card me.

Moral to the story is, check at your Post Office as well!!
(Edit - although if you're waiting on cards they're normally deivered thru the regular post - assuming they've been sent in smallish bubble mailers. So ignore my advice and hope they turn up soon!!!)

I went to the post office today to check on a package that was shipped from the US on Nov 12th.....it was there...the friendly Parcel Contractor forgot to card me.

Moral to the story is, check at your Post Office as well!!
(Edit - although if you're waiting on cards they're normally deivered thru the regular post - assuming they've been sent in smallish bubble mailers. So ignore my advice and hope they turn up soon!!!)

Had the same thing happen....had a card sitting at the PO for almost 2 weeks because they didnt card it.

Not happy Jan!!!:mad:

Yeah I wish the dude sent my 1/1 via registered, i asked him to and he goes "I've never had any problems sending normal mail to Australia"....now its 45 days later lol. I just lodged a dispute aswell, lucky i checked how many days had gone by today, phew! He seems generally concerned though and is in constant contact with me and I've been in contact with him well before I bought the card off him, in general hobby talk and not bargaining for the card off him. Now I've lodged it it'll probably turn up tomorrow lol...well fingers crossed anyway!

Yeah I wish the dude sent my 1/1 via registered, i asked him to and he goes "I've never had any problems sending normal mail to Australia"....now its 45 days later lol. I just lodged a dispute aswell, lucky i checked how many days had gone by today, phew! He seems generally concerned though and is in constant contact with me and I've been in contact with him well before I bought the card off him, in general hobby talk and not bargaining for the card off him. Now I've lodged it it'll probably turn up tomorrow lol...well fingers crossed anyway!

Well now you have a further 20 days to wait for it to arrive and you're still covered :) Either way, you'll get your money back since it was sent regular, but I know how it is when you want the card badly!

I had some cards come in from shawn bradley fan from the us took no more than a week

yeh i think many of us have been experiencing delays from cards incoming from overseas. Ive had a couple come in like 5-7 days recently, and yet i got others incoming from the same country that are like 3 weeks and still waiting. a couple that came in today were paid for nearly 1 month ago too, so i think just wait as long as you can for em and hopefully they'll show up sooner or later. cheers

Still waiting on my one from the start of November!!

Just re read his auction and it said something about only posts to the US and Canada extra but he didn't have any issue taking my cash or not responding to messages. Might send him one more and see what happens if i dont get a reply im putting in a claim.

Still waiting on my one from the start of November!!

Just re read his auction and it said something about only posts to the US and Canada extra but he didn't have any issue taking my cash or not responding to messages. Might send him one more and see what happens if i dont get a reply im putting in a claim.

yeh let the time for you eing able to file a paypal claim go right to the end and then if you still havent received it you should do it. cos you could paypal claim it today and then it could arrive tomorrow, you never know. give the seller a chance to explain what happening with sending out your card and when it was done too, cos the only other reason aswell for the delay could possibly be that the bloke didnt send it out right away after you paid. ive read some guys ebay listings write they only post like 1 day a week, or even write terms like postage and handling estimated between 5-10 days from the day payment is made. hope u get it soon though, or otherwise get it fixed up mate :thumbsup:.

has an email from him yesturday saying that he received the item retuned to sender again! he showed me the address he sent it and and it was perfect so i dunno whats happening, his sending it registered this time now so hopefully it gets through ok

Welli brought a card on us ebay about the start of november only got it like 3 days ago but the other 30 cards in the last 2 months got them with in 10 days.

heard something today that reminded me of this thread...Apparently today Australia Post had a massive auction of unclaimed items that were never picked up or where addressed incorrect or just lost in the system....if i had of known i totally would have gone and snapped up all the cards that never made it! :p

i know right?! i mean whats the chances of going along there and anyone else actually been interested in basketball cards?! yeah they didnt say but im going to assume its a once a year deal. will surely keep a look out for the next one. never know what you might find.

Back
Top Bottom