Anyone have any Mike Alstott?

ekalb

Raider Nation!!
Real Name
Shannan
eBay User
ekalbnz
Been watching some older games lately and man this guy was a bulldozer! I remember how I used to love to watch him play, but never really caught on how strong and brutal this guy was. Would love to pick some of his cards up if anyone has any?!

Also any Jon Ritchie and Owen Schimtt autos for that matter. Think I might have to start a little PC with some of these punishing FB's! I have been on the lookout for a nice Larry Csonka RC for a while now so why not get some of these other guys also. For anyone that doesn't know, Csonka had the time (may even still be the case) was the only RB/FB to ever get called for "unnecessary roughness" for running to a defender (while carrying the ball!).

And if anyone hasn't seen this, check out this little Schimtt video:

Just FYI...my favourite player is Corey Schlesinger a great fullback renowned for breaking face masks....

I even have a game worn jersey....

Just FYI...my favourite player is Corey Schlesinger a great fullback renowned for breaking face masks....

I even have a game worn jersey....

That name definitely rings a bell. Had a quick look on youtube and couldn't see much from him. FB has to be without doubt one of the most thankless jobs in any Professional Sport!

He was great....fullbacks are always the most selfless players on teams...

Definitely. All work and no glory.

I also have a small place in my heart for the specilaist "Long Snapper". Maybe because the Raiders Jon Condo is as much a key as any player on the team. When he went down with Concussion in week one I think it was (Chargers game anyway) last year, and we had to use someone else it pretty much cost us the game with two bothched snaps and a blocked punt.

OK so after deciding to look for a some Alstott, I have come to the conclusion I want to start a little FB PC - in particular Autos and GU. Players I have come up with so far are:

Mike Alstott
Larry Csonka
Daryl "Moose" Johnston
Jim Kleinsasser
Vonta Leach
Lorenzo Neal
Tom Rathman
John Riggins
Jon Ritchie
Owen Schimtt
Corey Schlesinger

If anyone else can think of any old school punishing FB's I should add LMK!!

Back
Top Bottom