AFL Buyer beware

GoMoto

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ming
Just wanted to share an experience with everyone on the site as l don't want anyone to fall over the same scum that l did.

I recently purchased a large lot of cards (approx $300 odd) from a dealer at the Dandenong Market in Melbourne by the name of Maurie. It is not the first time l've bought cards from him before. I have been buying from him since 2004.

Amongst the cards I've purchased were several Pinnacle All Australian that were scratched. When I asked him in person if he could exchange them, this is the response l got:

"Not my problem send them to select to get replaced." :eek::blink::eek:

WTF????

I asked him again why he would not replace the damaged cards l had bought off him and he gave me the same answer.

Now, l'm not asking anyone to boycott this person, just check all cards (back to front, left & right and surfaces) before handing over any hard earned money as you will walk away feeling ripped off as l did.

This person also trades by the name: maurie_aus on ebay.

Now not to confuse this scum with the other guy at Dandenong market Malcolm who also deals in trading cards and collectibles and is a absolute legend.

Malcolm has a strong pompie accent and also sells basket ball, Yu-GiO, die cast statues and beanie bears.

Maurie sells framed jumpers and cards with questionable signatures on them :-k:-k:-k

I would usally put this post in the genreal section but this jerk being an afl dealer l thought l would put it here.

Regards

Ahh i started reading this an thought you were giving Malcom a bad name.
I know which guy you are talking about, framed jumpers, cards etc... he sells. I never buy anything off him.

Malcolm is the best to buy from and hes a funny bloke.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

malcolm is a legenddddddddd!!!!
ily malcolm jk jk he sells afl packs 2nd series 4 like 1 dolla cheaper then usal

Malcom is the best dealer I've ever come across have been dealing with him for years and he is aways willing to help. I did talk to the dealer you mentioned the other day and he also seemed ok but his stuff defintly looked a little dodgy.

He didn't happen to have a moustache and look a bit like a truckie did he? As I have dealt with a bloke who sold me a damaged card (bent corners etc) that I didn't notice at first glance and had faith in the seller, who I went back to and they claimed I must've damaged the card within the 5 minutes of the sale. :rolleyes:

A few firm words and he replaced it in fear of losing other customers who were within hearing distance. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom