#6 picks are cursed

they didn't get victor the bulls did

Minnesota acquires the Draft rights to Randy Foye from Portland (via Boston) for the Draft rights to Brandon Roy.

Portland acquires the Draft rights to LaMarcus Aldridge and a future second-round pick from Chicago for Viktor Khryapa and the Draft rights to Tyrus Thomas.

Billyhoyle said:
they didn't get victor the bulls did

Minnesota acquires the Draft rights to Randy Foye from Portland (via Boston) for the Draft rights to Brandon Roy.

Portland acquires the Draft rights to LaMarcus Aldridge and a future second-round pick from Chicago for Viktor Khryapa and the Draft rights to Tyrus Thomas.

oh yeah crap, i get confused! so many deals!

mattyj said:
Calbert Cheaney had a pretty reasonable career...

yeah in college......most ive seen of him was in a tarheel uniform (he was however in the final 4 in 2000)

Billyhoyle said:
neither did John Stockton

comparing dirk and bryant is apples and oranges

i'm not comparing them. but you said due to his size he never got enough boards and that's why i'm saying that guys like Dirk and Amare don't get enough boards for their size either.

jimboiitmac said:
i'm not comparing them. but you said due to his size he never got enough boards and that's why i'm saying that guys like Dirk and Amare don't get enough boards for their size either.

whats wrong with amares career avg of 9 rpg? when you consider he has to contend with marion, who is pulling down about 12 per game, he doesnt have to crash the boards much does he?

JZA said:
whats wrong with amares career avg of 9 rpg? when you consider he has to contend with marion, who is pulling down about 12 per game, he doesnt have to crash the boards much does he?

hahaha don't get offended man! i'm just trying to make a point.

jimboiitmac said:

Neither Dirk or Amare were bought in to be shot blocking rebounders. Bryant Reeves was/is a massive man who was bought in to be the next Shaq/Hakeem/Longley a shot blocking rebounding centre. not a scoring rebounding power forward.

Well lets compare them

Amare Stoudemire
Position: F
Height: 6' 10'' Weight: 245
career rebs: 8.8
career pts:19.8
career blks:1.41
years: 4 (remember he only played 3 games last year as a 23 year old!)

Dirk Nowitzki
Position: F
Height: 6' 11'' Weight: 237
career rebs:8.5
career pts:22.0
career blks:1.1
years:8

Bryant Reeves (Big Country)
Position: C
Height: 7' 0'' Weight: 275
career rebs:6.9
career pts:12.5
career blks:0.77
years:6

Bryant reeves (Who i'm sure you've never seen play!) was both bigger in height and much bigger in weight than both players you compared him to. Reeves was an imposing physical presence on the court and was primed to become a dominant center in the NBA. After a strong collegiate career with Oklahoma State University, where he averaged 21.5 points per game in his senior year, Reeves became the Grizzlies' first ever draft choice, selected sixth overall in the 1995 NBA Draft.

Remembering that the 2 you compared him to potentially could become superstars - he averaged almost 2 less rebs per game, roughly 8 points per game and couldn't even manage 1 block per game, even Luc Longely could do that!

Back
Top Bottom