#6 picks are cursed

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
Pinched from another forum I use
I was just reading this feature on 82games.com, and it said that there have been 0 superstars and 10 busts from 1984-2003 at the #6 pick.

Check it out:

Kenny Smith
Hersey Hawkins
Antoine Walker
Wally Szczerbiak
Shane Battier
Chris Kaman
Tom Gugliotta
Bryant Reeves
Stacey King
Joe Kleine
DeMarr Johnson
Ron Mercer
Calbert Chaney
Felton Spencer
William Bedford
Mel Tupin
Doug Smith
Sharone Wright
Robert Traylor
Dajuan Wagner

The last two have been Josh Childress and Martell Webster.

I wonder if TWolves fans are nervous? Smile

Hersey Hawkins
Antoine Walker
Wally Szczerbiak
Shane Battier
Chris Kaman
Tom Gugliotta
Bryant Reeves

i would say that these guys have been pretty good players! They all played terrific roles as starters..

I think Antoine and Wally have been stars, they've at least been All-Stars. Hersey averaged something like 19 ppg in back to back seasons and Kaman could possibly be a future All-Star. Gugliotta was also an All-Star.

Firstly the comment above says produced 0 superstars

kaman will not be an allstar

Hersey only ever made 1 allstar appearance.

Wally was only an allstar once - but so were bj armstrong and horace grant and i'd never call them stars

Walker 3 times he was a star but his ability has been overshadowed by many other factors which has always stopped him taking it to superstar status

1 all star birth is better than 0.....becides
Tom Gugliotta - was the man for the t'wolves before they made KG the # 1 option...then went to the suns and made the 2000 Olympic team then was replaced by vince carter because of injury...
Wally Szczerbiak -was on a team that had KG...so he was the second option in scoring and getting shots...so give him a break
Hersey Hawkins - really didnt get it goin honestly..didnt have a team around him for him to be a superstar.. but was an all-star and played in the finals in 96.
Antoine Walker - wow a title, was the man in boston before paul got there and played in 3 all-star games (98-02-03...98 was only his second season)
Kenny Smith - won 2 titles and was more of a role player, but holes the finals record for most 3pters in a game (7) (along with scottie pippen), also played for the usa in the goodwill games in the late 1980s that won the gold

i know it doesnt mean crap....but thats atleast something for the #6 picks...better than jackshit...

yeah id hardly say that #6 picks are cursed, theres some great players there. you could probably do the same with the #5 or #7 picks and get some stars and some busts.

They are not great players there are some good players there for sure but there are no players who you would build a team around.

look at #5 there is at least 6 players there i'd classify as superstar compared to 0 from #6 picks. That is the real point of the original post that #6 has never produced any superstar quality players

Number 5
Raymond Felton
Devin Harris
Dwyane Wade
Nikoloz Tskitishvili
Jason Richardson
Mike Miller
Jonathan Bender
Vince Carter
Tony Battie
Ray Allen
Kevin Garnett
Juwan Howard
Isaiah Rider
LaPhonso Ellis
Steve Smith
Kendall Gill
J.R. Reid
Mitch Richmond
Scottie Pippen
Kenny Walker
Jon Koncak
Charles Barkley
Sidney Green
LaSalle Thompson
Danny Vranes
James Ray

Dwyane Wade
Vince Carter
Ray Allen
Kevin Garnett
Mitch Richmond
Scottie Pippen
Charles Barkley

I see your overall point Billy, good thread! J-Rich was on this list too, but these guys are going to be NBA legends.

and since i'm sure someone will say well #5s should be better than #6s

here are the number 7s

Charlie Villanueva
Luol Deng
Kirk Hinrich
Nene Hilario
Eddie Griffin
Chris Mihm
Richard Hamilton
Jason Williams
Tim Thomas
Lorenzen Wright
Damon Stoudamire
Lamond Murray
Bobby Hurley
Walt Williams
Luc Longley
Lionel Simmons
George McCloud
Tim Perry
Kevin Johnson
Roy Tarpley
Chris Mullin
Alvin Robertson
Thurl Bailey
Quintin Dailey
Steve Johnson

I don't think there is any of the #6s can match it with the 4 highlighted.
Robertson - 4 time AS, Most Improved winner, Def. Player of the year, Robertson still holds the top career steals-per-game average in the NBA, with 2.71 per contest over 779 career games.

Robertson is one of only four NBA players to record a quadruple-double (double digits in four statistical categories in a single game) when he registered 20 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists and 10 steals whilst playing for the Spurs against the Phoenix Suns.

Mullin - 5 time AS, 1 ALL-NBA 1st team, 2 2nd team, 1 3rd team 18.2 ppg career. 2 olympic gold

KJ - 3 time allstar, MIP, sixth in NBA history with 9.1 assists per gam

Hamilton - I almost didn't include him due to his age. 17.7 ppg avg. continual league leader in ppg, 3%, 2 time nba champione became the fifth of six players in franchise history to score over 1,000 postseason points in 2005

jimboiitmac said:
Dwyane Wade
Vince Carter
Ray Allen
Kevin Garnett
Mitch Richmond
Scottie Pippen
Charles Barkley

I see your overall point Billy, good thread! J-Rich was on this list too, but these guys are going to be NBA legends.

yeah i would compare j-rich to some of the #6s but NONE of the #6s are even close to these guys

which explains why we traded down to #7....

WHAT the hell did we do to trade down? what did we get for trading down?? anyone tell me?

wolvesjr34 said:
which explains why we traded down to #7....

WHAT the hell did we do to trade down? what did we get for trading down?? anyone tell me?

You drafted Brandon Roy with the #6 pick. I thought he would be an excellent complement to KG.

Then you traded him for Randy Foye and Victor Khyrapa, honestly I think you should've kept Roy because he'll be great next to KG but Foye will be also good.

Back
Top Bottom