WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Well the Tournament is finally under way! (refer here for previous info)

Use this Thread for all recaps of each Series. Hopefully we can record "League Leaders" and other stats too.

Here follows the Playoff Tree as Scheduled by 2K9:

All games are played on All-Star difficulty, for 8 minutes as a 3-game series.

Full COMPLETE details, stats, and scores, check out 2K Sports' Online Leagues, featuring our own Tournament:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=57902

Round 1:

Game 1: WoobieZarz (Nets) V Gordon7 (Bulls)
WoobieZarz Wins 2-0

Game 2: Duckypoo81 (Spurs) V LicenceToDaddy (Cavs)
Duckypoo81 wins via default 2-0

Game 3: Perfect Big D (Suns) V FleaTheG (Hawks)
Perfect Big D wins 2-0

Game 4: Westriot (Blazers) V Ozirus24 (Lakers)
Ozirus24 Wins 2-0

Round 2:

WoobieZarz (Nets) VS Duckypoo81
WoobieZarz Wins 2-0

Perfect Big D (Suns) VS Ozirus24 (Lakers)
Ozirus24 Wins 2-1

Grand Final:
WoobieZarz (Nets) VS Ozirus24 (Lakers)
WoobieZarz Wins 2-1

2K9 Tournament Leaders (Averages):

Vince Carter - 38.6
Joe Johnson - 31.5

Rebounds:
Brook Lopez - 8.7
Al Horford - 8.5
Brad Miller - 8.5

Assists:
Devin Harris - 15.3
Steve Blake - 10.5
Josh Smith - 10.0

Steals:
Derrick Rose - 5.0
Devin Harris - 2.0
Josh Smith - 2.0

Blocks:
Brook Lopez - 3.7
Al Horford - 3.5
Yi JianLian - 3.0

Turnovers:
Mike Bibby - 5.0
Devin Harris - 4.6
Tony Parker 3.8

Minutes:
LaMarcus Aldridge - 33:27
Derrick Rose - 33:26
Tyrus Thomas - 32:00

Fouls:
Anderson Varejao - 4.0
Josh Smith - 4.0
Devin Harris 3.6

NEW ADDED STATS:

+/-:
Brook Lopez - +11.9
Yi JianLian - +11.6
Vince Carter - +11.0

Points In Paint (PIP):
Derrick Rose - 26.0
LaMarcus Aldridge - 24.0
Vince Carter - 22.6

FG % (10+ Attempts):
Amare Stoudemire - 88.9 (32/36)
Zaza Pachulia - 81.9 (9/11)
Shaquille O'Neal - 76.0 (38/50)

3PT % (10+ Attempts):
Derrick Rose - 50.0 (5/10)
Shannon Brown - 50.0 (5/10)
Ryan Anderson - 47.6 (10/21)

FT % (10+ Attempts):
Yi JianLian - 100.0 (13/13)
Devin Harris - 93.9 (31/33)
Vince Carter - 87.1 (27/31)

Team Stats:

Win/Loss/Points:
New Jersey 6 - 1 - 12
LA Lakers - 5 - 3 - 10
Phoenix Suns - 3 - 2 - 6
San Antonio - 2 - 2 - 4
Portland Blazers - 0 - 2 - 0
Chicago Bulls - 0 - 2 - 0
Cleveland Cavs - 0 - 2 - 0
Atlanta Hawks - 0 - 2 - 0

Points Per Game:
Chicago Bulls - 127.5
Atlanta Hawks - 115.5
New Jersey Nets - 115.3

Points Per Game Against:
Chicago Bulls - 139.5
Atlanta Hawks - 123.0
Portland Blazers - 116.0

Average Point Difference:
New Jersey Nets - +10.4
Phoenix Suns - +1.6
San Antonio Spurs - 0.0

Average Points From Starting 5:
Chicago Bulls - 79.0
Portland Blazers - 78.0
New Jersey Nets - 72.6

Average Points From Bench:
Altanta Hawks - 47.5
San Antonio Spurs - 26.5
Chicago Bulls - 21.5

Assists Per Game:
Atlanta Hawks - 39.0
Portland Blazers - 36.0
New Jersey Nets - 32.3

Rebounds Per Game:
Atlanta Hawks - 34.0
Chicago Bulls - 32.0
New Jersey Nets - 30.6

Steals Per Game:
Chicago Bulls - 13.0
Atlanta Hawks - 10.0
San Antonio Spurs 6.5

Blocks Per Game:
New Jersey Nets - 11.0
Chicago Bulls - 7.5
Atlanta Hawks - 7.0

Fouls Per Game:
Chicago Bulls - 12.0
San Antonio Spurs -11.8
Portland Blazers - 10.0

3PT %:
Cleveland Cavs - 37.5
New Jersey Nets - 37.4
Portland Blazers - 36.4

FT %:
New Jersey Nets - 91.2
Cleveland Cavs - 80.0
Atlanta Hawks - 77.8

FG %:
Phoenix Suns - 62.1
Portland Blazers - 59.5
New Jersey Nets - 58.1

Bonus Stats Added:

Record When Leading into 4th QTR:
San Antonio Spurs - 2-0
New Jersey Nets - 6-1
Phoenix Suns - 1-1

Record When Trailing into 4th QTR:
LA Lakers - 4-2
Phoenix Suns - 2-1
Portland Blazers - 0-1

There's 7 days to complete each series. I have no idea what happens if it goes passed that.

It's only 3 games, possibly only 2.

Played at 8 mins a quarter, that's about 35-40 mins a game (given the breaks, and time outs).

Game 1 Series WoobieZarz' Nets VS Gordon7's Bulls:

Game 1 saw the Bulls host the Nets in an absolute SHOOT OUT as Phil and his red hot Bulls came out firing, including a 4-12 run within the first 2:30 of game play. The Nets rallied back to cut the deficit to 4 after the first Quarter capped with a dunk from Harris with 0.2 seconds remaining in the the Quarter.

2nd Quarter saw an ice cold Ben Gordon benched, only to see Rose, Salmons & Deng rack up points to keep the Bulls up by only 1 at the main break.

3rd quarter saw Devin Harris sit almost the entire 3rd quarter with 5 personals, leaving Vince Carter with the scoring load. VC didnt disappoint, with the assistance from Rookie Brook Lopez, the Bulls went on a scoring drought as they watched the Nets pile on 8 straight points to see New Jersey lead by 4 after 3.

Enter 4th Quarter, and witness the onslaught as Derick Rose & John Salmons both tallied 11 points each, but only to be outdone be Half-Man, Half-Amazing himself, VC. Carter stacked on 24 points in the final term, to give the Nets a 123-113 win and a 1-0 lead in the series.

Carter finished with a game-high of 57 Points, 6 rebs & 6 blks taking out Player Of The Game honors. Harris added 24 pts & 14 dimes, with Yi finishing with 22 pts and Lopez with 7 rebs, 5 asts, 2 stls & 5 blks.

Rookie Derick Rose lead the Bulls with 32 pts, 6 rebs, 9 dimes & 2 stls. Luol Deng shot an impressive 9/11 shots finishing with a solid 20 points, and John Salmons adding much needed points off the bench finishing with 20 points, 2 blks & a stl.

Game 1 Series WoobieZarz' Nets VS Gordon7's Bulls:

Game 2 was played in New Jersey, as the Bulls came to town with a must-win situation.
Fans were left far from disappointed as both teams logged points after points, finally ending in an OT battle.

1st quarter saw a battle of the Rookies as Bulls Rookie Derick Rose piled on 12 points, and New Jersey Rookie Brook Lopez talliy 10 to lead the Nets to a 31-25 lead after 1.

2nd Quarter started with Ben Gordon putting up a quick 8 points, to lead the Bulls as they battled New Jersey, lead by Vince Carter and Bobby Simmons both adding 8 points a piece to give New Jersey a 67-51 edge.

3rd quarter and after Ben Gordon's previous spurt of 8 points, saw the clutch shooter fall, going 1/8 only to injure his left arm whilst trying to save a stollen pass from going out of bounds. With Gordon unable to return to action, the Bulls went big as Tyrus Thomas & Brad Miller combined for 14 points, including 3 dunks and 2 offensive rebounds.

4th Quarter, and the Bulls within 10 points, dug deep. REAL deep. With Harris fouling out early in the quarter, the Bulls tallied up 40 points in the final term lead by Derick Rose's 14, including a buzzer-beating triple sending the game to over-time.

(unfortunately stats from end of 4th + OT are unavailable).

New Jersey ran home, outscoring the Bulls 23-9 in OT to take the win 156-142 and the Series, 2-0.

Vince Carter again, player of the Game, finished with a team-high of 48 points & 7 dimes. Harris added 37 pts & a game-high 19 assists. With JianLian coming up strong finishing with 18 pts, 8 rebs, 5 asts & 8 blocks.

For Chicago, Rookie Derick Rose lead all scores with a game-high 53 points, along with 9 assists & 8 steals. Tyrus Thomas was strong inside finishing with 25 points (10/12 shooting) and Miller adding 16 points, 7 rebounds & 2 blocked shots.

Woobie'z New Jersey Nets now take a well earned break, and look forward to playing the winner of the Spurs V Cavs Game.

Nice write up dude.. awesome game you played well i didnt give VC the attention he deserved. I was to busy keeping Harris and Lopez in check to worry about vince but ill never forget that Rose buzzer beater!!!! what a shot :woot:

Spurs and Cavs i give you some advice... NJN are the real deal!!! i totally didnt take them seriously and it cost me the series...

Your defence was awesome to scotty.. good luck with the rest of the tourny..

Carnt wait till the bulls get some decent front court help... bring on 2010

Thanks Phil! Was a great game. Be glad to play again whilst the other guys are playing their series'.

Gordon7 said:
Spurs and Cavs i give you some advice... NJN are the real deal!!! i totally didnt take them seriously and it cost me the series...

Ha ha, yeah, beware the Jersey Boyz!!!!

Nah I think in all serious-ness, I got hot with VC in Game 1 with those 6 triples, and Game 2 was just inside points. I've gotta work on keeping Harris outta foul trouble.

Man great write up! :thumbsup:

Bad luck to Phill, Bulls out first round and someone has to advance. Ah well, I'm sure there will be more tourneys, if not an Oz league which I'm trying to get off the ground...

Anyway, if Westriot wants to have a go at a recap for our game tomorrow night go right ahead, not sure I can get one in as detailed as that. :D

Damn Gordon7 - looked like you pushed Rose to the breaking point in both games!
Dude he's no D-Wade, he can't carry his team into the 2nd round as a rookie :lol: !!

haha but great writeups scotty i really enjoyed reading them. hope everyone else can write up the same for their games.

D-Harris sure was aggressive, but VC was THE MAN in both games. 52.5 ppg for the series to lead the Nets.

Also looks like Jianlian was the dark horse contributor coming up big. Lots of offense but, I wonder when the defense will come hahah.

Man great write up! :thumbsup:

Bad luck to Phill, Bulls out first round and someone has to advance. Ah well, I'm sure there will be more tourneys, if not an Oz league which I'm trying to get off the ground...

Anyway, if Westriot wants to have a go at a recap for our game tomorrow night go right ahead, not sure I can get one in as detailed as that. :D

I used the website posted above by Phil and myself, you can look up complete Box Scores, and score-by-score counts.

Damn Gordon7 - looked like you pushed Rose to the breaking point in both games!
Dude he's no D-Wade, he can't carry his team into the 2nd round as a rookie :lol: !!

haha but great writeups scotty i really enjoyed reading them. hope everyone else can write up the same for their games.

D-Harris sure was aggressive, but VC was THE MAN in both games. 52.5 ppg for the series to lead the Nets.

Also looks like Jianlian was the dark horse contributor coming up big. Lots of offense but, I wonder when the defense will come hahah.

Yi no defense?? 9 boards, a steal & 5.5 blocks a game.... hmmm, yep Jim, he's not playing D yet....

Looks like the Suns and Hawks have played too... can't wait to read all about the games!!

I used the website posted above by Phil and myself, you can look up complete Box Scores, and score-by-score counts.

Yi no defense?? 9 boards, a steal & 5.5 blocks a game.... hmmm, yep Jim, he's not playing D yet....

Looks like the Suns and Hawks have played too... can't wait to read all about the games!!

Haha I just meant by the total scores. Both games over 120 points? haha.

:( i blew like a 22 point lead or something and in the first game jsmith evans and murry wasnt in
and he kept doing that charge thing so even if i would walk and bump him it would be a charge it messed up my whole game.

Back
Top Bottom