2023 Select New Release July 2023

I reckon Daicos around $1500 when all settles. Appreciate its numbered to 35, but not like it’s a booklet like supremacy or some of the winning predictors

Next tier like Petracca, Walsh, Bolton, Rozee probably $800-$1000

So you're not guaranteed to hit and auto, and if you do, and it's not in the top tier, then you're on struggle street.

Boxes are going to see people lose big. As big as they've ever lost opening boxes before. I really hope they got their trading shoes on.

LOL. Maybe the bots have fixed their setup!

Going to be interesting to see if it's sold out in 30 seconds like it was a few releases ago

1688955086082.png

Some people earn a lot of money. For some people, 2-5k is nothing. That's a weeks work. Shit, could be a days work

Yeah, without trying to derail the conversation, not everyone is impacted by rising interest rates. I know plenty of people who have more disposable money than ever before at the moment.

Yeah, without trying to derail the conversation, not everyone is impacted by rising interest rates. I know plenty of people who have more disposable money than ever before at the moment.
I'd be really interested in the demographic of card collectors on here.

Will buy my scc box and maybe buy individual cards more re this set. The market is getting pretty saturated. One good thing once a set becomes olde news you can pick up heaps of different cards on eBay for much more reasonable prices. It’s good in one aspect as there are so many nice cards to procure now. Let’s be honest re the Daicos signature the price people will be asking for it will be funny to watch $2000 try about $5 to $10000 lol

Will buy my scc box and maybe buy individual cards more re this set. The market is getting pretty saturated. One good thing once a set becomes olde news you can pick up heaps of different cards on eBay for much more reasonable prices. It’s good in one aspect as there are so many nice cards to procure now.

Singles will be cheap. Imagine collecting GWS. You'd spend 100 bucks completing the set

I might do that I also have kept cards as one of my many hobbies. Just got a new hobby ICL footy gambling mainly on stats , lots of fun

So you're not guaranteed to hit and auto, and if you do, and it's not in the top tier, then you're on struggle street.

Boxes are going to see people lose big. As big as they've ever lost opening boxes before. I really hope they got their trading shoes on.
I've been thinking about this. Super short run of boxes. Half of what Brilliance had last year.

Interesting experiment by Select to see where the market is placed, this certainly isn't a release for Greenhorns or flippers.

Will be interesting to see where the prices settle.

Emerald /55 is quite comparable to a Brilliance /50, but I feel the Brilliance will hold value over time.

Last year's footy finest /80 can go for for upwards of $150, so is that the guide for Sapphire cards?

It does feel like a boom or bust release.

Another thought, we got any idea how many carats the natural zircons are? Could be a point where the cards sell for lower than the value of the stone.

I remember all the negative chat about cost when Supremacy came out, I think this product will be super popular and I like the fact they include a GEM in some of the rarer cards. I think the GEM is more for design and appearance than the value of the GEM so if you look at it like that you won’t get caught up on all the BS.

Should be fun watching these busted - - I have secured my SCC box and will try for a public box too :)

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this. Super short run of boxes. Half of what Brilliance had last year.

Interesting experiment by Select to see where the market is placed, this certainly isn't a release for Greenhorns or flippers.

Will be interesting to see where the prices settle.

Emerald /55 is quite comparable to a Brilliance /50, but I feel the Brilliance will hold value over time.

Last year's footy finest /80 can go for for upwards of $150, so is that the guide for Sapphire cards?

It does feel like a boom or bust release.

I think flippers will be happy. Places already offering $900+ a box for breaking purposes.

That's a nice 300 buck profit. Lots of this stuff will head to breakers.

It will be staying in my sealed collection for the short/medium term until i decide what im doing with my life

Due to limited amount of boxes, breakers won't have anything to break til what, October at the minimum?

If you're gonna flip it then definitely wait out this little period and net yourself 1250$ to 1300$ a box no worries. I'm sure they'll be coughing up more than the 900$ a box theyre offering once their initial supply runs out.

I remember all the negative chat about cost when Supremacy came out, I think this product will be super popular and I like the fact they include a GEM in some of the rarer cards. I think the GME is more for design and appearance than the value of the GEM so if you look at it like that you won’t get caught up on all the BS.

Should be fun watching these busted - - I have secured my SCC box and will try for a public box too :)

I look at the gem part a little different, I personally think the actual gem needs to be worth something decent at least, because that’s the theme of this release. If you take away any value of the gem it’s just a very basic short print run release.

Due to limited amount of boxes, breakers won't have anything to break til what, October at the minimum?

If you're gonna flip it then definitely wait out this little period and net yourself 1250$ to 1300$ a box no worries. I'm sure they'll be coughing up more than the 900$ a box theyre offering once their initial supply runs out.
Yeah but lots of people want quick flips now.

I look at the gem part a little different, I personally think the actual gem needs to be worth something decent at least, because that’s the theme of this release. If you take away any value of the gem it’s just a very basic short print run release.
I guess we all look at things differently but GEM cards have been around a while and they are incredibly popular…..the value is in the rarity of the card not the GEM. I do get your point though but like I said if you dont get caught up in the BS you can just enjoy it for what it is…….a gorgeous sports card :). This is going to be a very exciting release……

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I do think many people are sleeping on this release. Despite the criticism it's receiving on this forum I suspect nearly everyone will be purchasing their maximum box allocation.

Those who've been around the hobby for years will understand skepticism generally surrounds anything new that Select push out. Prestige was considered nothing but a money grab in it's first iteration and many said Supremacy wouldn't catch on in 2019 - in fact the original purchase limit was a measly 20 cases and was available on Select's website for days.

The checklist is bang on and there seems to be a misconception that the coloured cards are parallels, which isn't quite true, as each player only has one coloured variant. Considering many collectors are cashed up at this point due to nothing being released in nearly six months a team set will be realistically obtainable and highly sought after.

You can pretty much add 200 onto any amount RGV are offering, even on release. A mate of mine enquired about selling a number of different releases to them last year and the prices they were offering fell somewhere between laughable and criminal.

You can pretty much add 200 onto any amount RGV are offering, even on release. A mate of mine enquired about selling a number of different releases to them last year and the prices they were offering fell somewhere between laughable and criminal.

modern family cameron tucker GIF by ABC Network

Back
Top Bottom