2023 Footy Stars Instant Win Discussion

Anonselect

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jack
Hi guys. Having to post anonymously due to any risks with my SCC account. The prize list for the instant wins was just released.

Very keen to hear people’s thoughts on these prizes. Seems like select has completely gone against all of their guarantees they have made in previous years.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s awesome that someone can win a box of supremacy from a box of footy stars, but where were these boxes when the release actually came out? 2021 supremacy on selects website says “Supremacy is SOLD OUT”. Does that mean select has held back boxes and did not sell them to the public? The same goes for 2022 optimum and 2022 supremacy rookie. These products all show as SOLD OUT, which would mean there are no boxes left.

In regards to the hilites, rising star and draft pick sets, it clearly says on each one of those listings that “if 75 are ordered, only 75 will be printed”. How are they getting sets of these if someone didn’t keep some back and print extra in the print run?

I do like the idea of limited sets, new virtuosos and virtuosos signatures, that haven’t been in previous products, but it really starts to make me question everything select has ever guaranteed or said. Now true collectors won’t be able to get individual cards from these sets unless we are able to fork out lots of money, or spend a shit load on product to pull one of these cards, then HOPE we get lucky enough to get the sets with the cards in it we want?

Select just seem to have gone against all those claims they made regarding the products and rising stars.

Of course, everything may have been bought on the secondary market, but the realistic chance that that has actually happened is probably very very small.

I may be alone on this but just keen to see what others think. I feel a bit hard done by considering I missed out on some releases, and now those boxes are being given away after showing “sold out” on the website.

Keen to hear everyone’s thoughts. Any opinion is welcome! Just wanting to know if I am completely alone in this thought haha.

IMG_2503.jpeg

S!@t !! I might go enter my prize card , some delicious rewards there. Watch box sales increase now

Last edited:
Imagine out of all those prizes you jag the Essential Team Set B... wow you'd be absolutely fucking fuming. Possibly a $20 prize when all the rest are brilliant prizes.

*new 'virtuosos' with new players
*supremacy box's
*full sets of DPS
it's a impressive prize pool, one can see these cards shooting up in price on the secondary market.

This is the extra stuff it’s just through the prizes , pretty cool.
1678835367628.gif

Can see a young collector getting these prize cards and losing it or shoving down the back of their cupboard.

Last edited:
I believe it’s open , just went to Kmart no starter packs but purchased about 10 packs from 5 boxes . Will either get a couple of surprises or not much. Received one surprise a Darcy Parish Iconic 7 of 70 .

Last edited:
Wonder what an unscratched prize winner would be worth now. There was one for sale at around $103 a couple of days ago

Thanks will probably flip it when I get it, just not sure if to keep it as a full set or split it into teams
Tricky one, shame to split but may get more as singles. Might be worth trying a high price with best offer to gauge interest before deciding.

Wonder what an unscratched prize winner would be worth now. There was one for sale at around $103 a couple of days ago

Last couple went for $300+ - its a gamble at the end of the day, most prizes are worth around that or less

Back
Top Bottom