2015 Cricket World Cup

Who will win the 2015 Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
Good luck in the final @mounteverest - what do you think will happen with the bowling on Sunday? Milne in for Henry the only change?

I find New Zealand an impossible team to dislike - they play with a freedom of spirit and a raw aggression and I do agree with others that Brendon McCullum is the best international captain now.

I don't care who NZ play in the final, I just hope they win it. Why? They're the only team that play in the spirit of cricket, a gentleman's sport. A bat and a ball, let that do the talking, like NZ have done so far.

I don't think I've ever watched a game of cricket that didn't involve the Aussies which had me on the edge of my seat so much. I did want the Kiwi's to win but it wouldn't have bothered me if it was South Africa in the final for the simple reason that both teams had never reached a final. The game just had everything. The last hour was probably the most thrilling hour of cricket I've watched in a very long time. Hope tomorrow night isn't the same or I might just have a heart attack lol. Bring on tomorrow and if the Aussies don't win through to the final I will be barracking like hell for New Zealand. I have both Aussie and Kiwi cricket tops in the wardrobe ready for whatever happens tomorrow :D

Good luck in the final @mounteverest - what do you think will happen with the bowling on Sunday? Milne in for Henry the only change?

I find New Zealand an impossible team to dislike - they play with a freedom of spirit and a raw aggression and I do agree with others that Brendon McCullum is the best international captain now.
Milne is out injured and won't be back,so I think they will be unchanged

What a brilliant World Cup it has been apart from the seven games I watched England I have enjoyed it. Hope the second semi and final don't disappoint.
I thought Australia would win it pre tournament so I'm sticking with the Aussies. Steve Smith is my favourite Aussie cricketer so good luck to Smithy. Would love to see him hit the winning runs.
Nice sunny day in Sydney tomorrow and dry weather predicted for the final so no duck worth lewis hopefully.

2 overs to go, 7/299. This ground feels like a 350+ type of ground. Then again 299 is the record for the highest total chased down in a WC semi.

Somewhere in the heart of Calcutta an effigy maker is rubbing his hands together....business will be booming after tonight's result!

It just seemed like a run-of-the-mill, stock-standard final today, as though both teams were wary of going too hard too early. Well done to Australia though, what a mouth-watering proposition Sunday is!

I was the game yesterday, it was an unbelievable atmosphere.

The Indian supporters were everywhere and very passionate about their team. Made for one great day / evening.

The colour and passion of the supporters over this world cup has been something to savour and I will look back on the last 6-7 weeks fond memories to last a lifetime.

I was lucky enough to get to quite a few training sessions, warm up games and world cup games. Each had its own unique feel, with the Bangledesh v Pakistan warm up game an absolute highlight. One side chanting Bangledesh, Bangledesh with the other side of the oval chanting back Pakistan, Pakistan! It was as close as you could get to a game on the sub continent without leaving Australia! The Afghan fans were great and came out in numbers to support their team. Unbelievably they outnumbered the England fans five to one at the game I saw.

The semi was another level, and something to tell the grand kids about. I am hoping the final is a cracker and we can send out the tournament with a fitting finale.

I have met a heap of cricketers both past and present, 99% of them are fantastic, signing autographs, posing for photos and even giving away gear! I picked up a Sri Lankan training used ball, Stuart Broad's match used England cap (sweat and all) and a World cup banner that stretches from one of the house to the other! No idea what I will do with it, but it's pretty cool....

What a world cup. Well done to the organizers, a stellar job well done.

Wonderful post Daniel. We often hear commentators talk about "the colour" etc of World Cup events and it can sometimes seem like a bit of glib promotion for the sake of "selling" it but it is great to read the thoughts of someone who has actually experienced it. :)

Back
Top Bottom