2013-14 Signatures Basketball... What was panini thinking!

nichj99

Faried PC Battle Champion
Real Name
josh
eBay User
blue_1stp_klosr
With 13-14 Signatures due for release this week, i really have to ask... WHAT WAS PANINI THINKING by bringing this product back!

2012-13 had a price point of (USD) $62.95 per box
2013-14 has a price point of (USD) $113.95 per box

You're still only getting 4 cards per box, but this time with an INSERT redemption of next years draft class. Factoring in that the film cards now have a non-auto variation... this product really stinks. Add to the fact that the design is more or less identical to the year prior so they clearly haven't blown their budget on the product in design.

SUMMARY
Less autos + more variations of cards = double the price point?

Am I missing something here?

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 8.16.39 pm.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 8.16.09 pm.png

Last edited:
With 13-14 Signatures due for release this week, i really have to ask... WHAT WAS PANINI THINKING by bringing this product back!

2012-13 had a price point of (USD) $62.95 per box
2013-14 has a price point of (USD) $113.95 per box

You're still only getting 4 cards per box, but this time with an INSERT redemption of next years draft class. Factoring in that the film cards now have a non-auto variation... this product really stinks. Add to the fact that the design is more or less identical to the year prior so they clearly haven't blown their budget on the product in design.

SUMMARY
Less autos + more variations of cards = double the price point?

Am I missing something here?

Less parallels?

IIRC last years release started off at about $100 a box before dropping to its current sub $60 price.

I would argue that the product has improved a bit since the design (while still terrible) is a bit better looking than last years, and you do get a guaranteed XRC which is a major selling point

Chase cards:
- Base Silver (#'d to 25)
- Blue (#'d to 15)
- Red (#'d to 10)
- Green (#'d to 5)
- Platinum (#'d 1 of 1)

Film cards:
- Base Silver (#'d to 35)
- Onyx (#'d to 20)
- Blue (#'d to 15)
- Red (#'d to 10)
- Green (#'d to 5)
- Platinum (#'d 1 of 1)

Film autos:
- Base Silver (#'d to 249 or less)
- Red (#'d to 10)
- Green (#'d to 5)
- Platinum (#'d 1 of 1)

The same parallels go for the other 7 kinds of cards.

From the sell sheet, the product looks way too similar to be considered an improvement. It also has a much worse draft class. The redemptions will be worth next to nothing once they go live - they're not serial numbered and obviously not auto'd. I'd still put last years version ahead of this one if going head to head.

I'm happy to say that the film cards do look a lot better than last years. I guess it's just the rest of the product I have an issue with :p

agree, boring product... refused to buy any cards for my pc from this release last year

I definitely agree, this was a dud product last year and will be again this year. The film cards are sweet tho, but I don't see the point of the unsigned versions.

absolute load of crap/ 4 cards a box at that price is hideous.

Hence why I can't even complete my Kemp chase set - no one is busting that crud when theres so much better product available.

AND released a week after crusade, the product with 8 variations. I know which variation based product I'd prefer to buy if I had to choose!

I must be in the minority... enjoyed the product last year as Penny absolutely owned those autos, some of the biggest he's ever done:D! I am hoping for more in this years product too! Where as Crusade apart from a couple of auto variants I think is a completely boring product... I guess that's what they mean when they say you cant please everybody!!

News just in on next years release!!

Variations!!!
Silver /500
Blue /400
Red /300
Teal /275
Light blue /250
Poo brown /225
Orange /200
Rainbow /175
Christmas tree /150
Yellow /125
Purple /100
Crack cocaine /75
Pussy pink /69
Dark blue /49
Rediculous red /25
Gold /10
TBA /7
Green /5
White /3
Black /2
Platinum /1

#enoughofthevariations
#fukupanini
#juststop!!

:lol:

Variations!!!
Silver /500
Blue /400
Red /300
Teal /275
Light blue /250
Poo brown /225
Orange /200
Rainbow /175
Christmas tree /150
Yellow /125
Purple /100
Crack cocaine /75
Pussy pink /69
Dark blue /49
Rediculous red /25
Gold /10
TBA /7
Green /5
White /3
Black /2
Platinum /1

#enoughofthevariations
#fukupanini
#juststop!!

Dammit, why did they leave out baby spew white variation :( haha

Variations!!!
Silver /500
Blue /400
Red /300
Teal /275
Light blue /250
Poo brown /225
Orange /200
Rainbow /175
Christmas tree /150
Yellow /125
Purple /100
Crack cocaine /75
Pussy pink /69
Dark blue /49
Rediculous red /25
Gold /10
TBA /7
Green /5
White /3
Black /2
Platinum /1

#enoughofthevariations
#fukupanini
#juststop!!

You missed the die cut variations as well.....

Back
Top Bottom