2012 Select Eternity Series 2.

wow, they cant even get a manufactured patch card right, scary.

Ok so I'm a bit annoyed about this, it appears the glue that the logo is stuck on with has leaked onto part of the patch. Looking at it more closely, the logo isn't even straight. Pathetic.

Would Select normally replace a card that comes out of a pack like that?

Pretty bad quality control. I have only opened 5 packs and I have also found a common card with some sort of dirt or something stuck under the glossy finish.

Ok so I'm a bit annoyed about this, it appears the glue that the logo is stuck on with has leaked onto part of the patch. Looking at it more closely, the logo isn't even straight. Pathetic.

Would Select normally replace a card that comes out of a pack like that?

Pretty bad quality control. I have only opened 5 packs and I have also found a common card with some sort of dirt or something stuck under the glossy finish.
I have to say the damage to the common cards is very ordinary,
A lot of sigs I've seen have scratches, the common cards are unevenly cut.
$175 a box is way too much. I think this will be the last time I buy boxes. 100% sure select won't reduce prices so I'll 100% won't be buying anymore boxes in coming years.
Overall the quality isn't there. I'm interested to see if the redemption sigs have scratches on them like the draft sigs do.
Paying good money for what? I was looking forward to this set but after busting two boxes I'm very disappointed.
Still awaiting another box in the mail yay , more damaged cards
Rubbish effort by select.

If the card is faulty in some way then Select should look to replace it, usually they are pretty good in doing this. as for sigs with scratches, the redeemed signature cards wont be the same as the draft pick sigs go through a machine when packing them, thats what causes the scratches im sure, we went through all this when the 2209 Pinnacle sigs were the same. the signed signature for redemptions cards dont go through the machine as they are not put into packets. Im with you Shaun, im not paying $175 for a box of this stuff. why is the price going up all the time but the product isnt getting any better, design and quailty wise.

The common cards are unevenly cut. This is poor! I was once a guillotine operator
I have worked in the printing industry, my father is a guillotine operator/book binder by trade, my two brothers are printers by trade. Its clear that these cards were cut overseas , If these cards were cut over here there wouldnt be any inconsistency with the cards dimension. Make a stack and you'll see what I'm on about.
We're getting ripped off. Select are paying these Chinese companies bugger all and then were paying select top $.
There simply not worth $175 per box.
A Australian company should be printing and cutting these cards. If this was the case there wouldn't be any inconsistency
I wonder when selects contract expires because the afl should demand perfection.

People should get together a whole report of issues they are having with this product and contact the AFL. Compile a petition of sorts. The AFL to some extent wants to protect their brand and if this is what Select are doing to it they need their heads pulled in. If Select won't listen make sure their bosses take notice. Just a thought.

And a good thought too.
look at the 2012 draft prospects. I'm 100% sure a Australian company printed and cut those cards.
I didn't read or hear 1 single complaint regarding that series.
I've got heaps of 2012 select eternity commons with damaged corners.
I've resisted bagging select for so long but after yesterday I cant help it.
I'll collect single cards, but there's not a chance I'll buy a box again at that price especially if there from china.

And a good thought too.
look at the 2012 draft prospects. I'm 100% sure a Australian company printed and cut those cards.
I didn't read or hear 1 single complaint regarding that series.

Guernsey cards don't fit one touch holders, they're 1-2mm too long.

Not the sharpest photographs either.

So when you are saying scratches on the autos, I assume you mean in the ink of the actual sig? Pretty poor. I have one Henry Schade (Gold Coast) It has a small scratch in the sig too but not too bad. I have seen this issue in cards from the USA too. That I'm a little annoyed by but the patch card has me raging, they better replace that. This is a card that is going for $50 in mint condition, I'd be lucky to get $1 for this damaged coaster. All I wanted was to be able to swap it with someone for the Collingwood one.

Y
So when you are saying scratches on the autos, I assume you mean in the ink of the actual sig? Pretty poor. I have one Henry Schade (Gold Coast) It has a small scratch in the sig too but not too bad. I have seen this issue in cards from the USA too. That I'm a little annoyed by but the patch card has me raging, they better replace that. This is a card that is going for $50 in mint condition, I'd be lucky to get $1 for this damaged coaster. All I wanted was to be able to swap it with someone for the Collingwood one.
Yes mate that's what I meant. The ink is removed on some parts.

400 times $2,400 ( which is what select sell them for per case ) is $960,000
How much of that $960,000 do you think select pays these Chinese companies to produce these cards.
My guess is under $25,000. I have no idea how much they pay the afl for the contract?
That's only series 2.
How many cases of series 1 are made?
Then they have the cheek to keep every #001 card.
Give something back to the collectors instead of worrying about how thick your wallet is and how deep your pockets are.

Sorry for going on, just got me thinking.
I'll continue to collect and I hope you do to

I also just noticed that Murray Newman has signed his nickname instead of his signature. "Nugget" instead of Newman. Hardly Select's fault but frustrating all the same. Must have had 2012 draft prospects on the brain.:lol:

Since everyone is talking about damaged cars, I will talk about mine. The card was just a white card with a black outlining. It replaced a HOF. I emailed select about it yesterday and haven't got a response.

Wow. You guys ain't kidding. Just saw a logo card in hand - rubbish:rolleyes:

I'm glad they are not 1:72 - would be even more embarrassing than they are.

Back
Top Bottom