2012 Select Eternity Series 2.

I'm glad I didn't buy a case . Still spent $525 on 3 boxes. Still awaiting a box in the mail so I still have a chance of a redemption. Then again I might not get a sig at all
It's so frigging greedy to keep cards for yourself when collectors are paying good $ on there product.

Whats even worse is that the new NRL cards are going to have dual signatures, and guernsey signed signature cards. It's an indictment on this great game of ours that f**king rugby are going to have better cards than us.

There's a rule called the Police Academy rule that states a greedy organization will only pump out the same crap year after year until the budget outweighs the profit.

For instance say Police Academy 1 cost 50 million to make but they reaped 100 million. They pump out another one.
Police Academy 2 costs 60 million and the reap 90 million & so on & so on until no one gives a fuck anymore and they don't make any money.

Until people stop buying their crap and it hurts their back pocket they wont care or do anything. If most people didn't buy boxes and just picked up what they needed the market would crash and Select would take notice.

It hurts to say this as i love to crack open packs but it seems like the only way to get Select to listen. Hell they only put these patch cards in and changed the draft signatures this year to retaliate to what Dave did with Draft Prospects. Now that they have screwed him and will be making their own draft prospects come October, expect it to be back to normal at good ol Select next year. :thumbsdown:

Well, at least it looks better than Rory Taggert's

RorayTaggat.jpg

I think he is asking for a Twitter Retweet?

RT?

Whats even worse is that the new NRL cards are going to have dual signatures, and guernsey signed signature cards. It's an indictment on this great game of ours that f**king rugby are going to have better cards than us.

There's a rule called the Police Academy rule that states a greedy organization will only pump out the same crap year after year until the budget outweighs the profit.

For instance say Police Academy 1 cost 50 million to make but they reaped 100 million. They pump out another one.
Police Academy 2 costs 60 million and the reap 90 million & so on & so on until no one gives a f*** anymore and they don't make any money.

Until people stop buying their crap and it hurts their back pocket they wont care or do anything. If most people didn't buy boxes and just picked up what they needed the market would crash and Select would take notice.

It hurts to say this as i love to crack open packs but it seems like the only way to get Select to listen. Hell they only put these patch cards in and changed the draft signatures this year to retaliate to what Dave did with Draft Prospects. Now that they have screwed him and will be making their own draft prospects come October, expect it to be back to normal at good ol Select next year. :thumbsdown:

I said the same thing when people were singing Draft Prospects praises for giving the fans what they want. Select will only listen when their bottom line starts to hurt. I wouldn't even recommended picking up singles in the market, because someone still has to bust those boxes and open those packs to get at them.

This is my first year back into cards after about 16-17 years so I've sampled everything, but next year I'll probably just stick to Teamcoach (and hopefully footycards does another great set). They were a better lower end product than Champions.

I got lucky with Eternity by pulling a Swan Medal sig redemption, which was provided by the great members here who sold boxes off less than RRP. But for $195 a pop I wouldn't have touched it, way too much for what you get, let alone the poor quality control. I understand that in the grand scheme of sports cards, this is a niche market, but for that sort of money you'd hope for something better than a middle of the road Upper Deck product.

Police Academy 2 costs 60 million and the reap 90 million & so on & so on until no one gives a f*** anymore and they don't make any money.

So are you saying Eternity is the equivalent to Mission to Moscow?? :)

Bottom line for me is:
The wrong people (high up in select) are in the job.
Dave doesnt keep the number 001 cards for himself. To my knowledge he didn't keep any numbered cards because he knows better than not to bite the hand that feeds.
For me people like dave should be working for select. People like him think about the hobby and keep it interesting.
For select to call him a rogue seller Shows that they are out of touch with the hobby. If select hired people like dave they would be better and probably have more success.
The ultimate guernsey redemption (2012 draft prospects) is a clear example of dave and co giving something back to the buyer. Select took dave as a Foe when he should be there friend. Rogue seller (what a joke)
The point I'm trying to make is if select had the right people working for them , then they would probably be more successful.
There shooting themselves in the foot. They should be working with dave instead of against him.I've spoke to quite a few people who won't be buying there new release because there sick and tired of the same shit.
After reading everyone's comments I too am considering boycotting buying any future select products.

From the Facebook page

Ryan Kitchen And when will we see some Adelaide premiers commemorative cards? Collingwood etc have so many already!

Select Australia ‎Ryan Kitchen Pardon my not knowing, but have Adelaide won any Grand Finals? If they have, we have more than likely produced a card already, and if not, they are for the Premiers.

a) can't take 5 mins to even google if the Crows have won a GF or two

b) doesn't know their product range

Also answered the question I was going ask here, how they lost the NRL:

Select Australia The NRL increased their Royalty and minimum guarantee ratios this year and so we have decided to relinquish the license and concentrate on the AFL.

From the Facebook page

a) can't take 5 mins to even google if the Crows have won a GF or two

b) doesn't know their product range

Also answered the question I was going ask here, how they lost the NRL:

Thats so damn stupid there a company that makes afl cards yet they dont know that crows won a grand final???
Its like they get people who know nothing bout afl employed to make the cards
Heck they should employ me atleast id actually do cards people want n I KNOW BOUT FOOTY
What a joke!

Back
Top Bottom