Rusty Nail

Still a big kid!!!
Real Name
Neil
eBay User
dawsonneil
COMC User
NeilD
Got these in this morning from the break last week with Kiddercards. All cards, including base, came in penny sleeves with the main hits in toploaders so no complaints about packaging or speed of delivery. Will definitely use this guy again.

Anyway this is what I got - The Upshaw may be a short print, got 2 of the Rainey and a few duplicates of the Superbowl, MVP and ROY diecuts. Have just got to wait now for another BP redemption!! (at 10 and counting)

12 Contenders.jpg

Nice haul ! And yeah can't complain at all about their service, although not really sure they need to sleeve each base card as it's probably just increasing the weight and postage !

Is the Upshaw the standard Auto or the Variation type? The Standard is SSP /57 but not sure about the Variant version.

If you are not sure, the Variant version does not have the weight, height stats etc on the back.

I saw in one of the Panini updates that the Tucker Standard version was SP /275. I think he does not have a Variation version either (like Miles Burris and all others numbered 236-245 I think from memory). Also I think Tucker is in Retail only which has only just been released recently.

Another guy you may be interested in is Tommy Streeter. His Standard are /238 and the Variation /50.

Very nice cards these. I was all set to get a box of Contenders but got cold feet (mainly due to an unsympathetic wife). This might be a better option, will investigate further.
Also waiting on Redemptions, the oldest from back in late November, can't say I'm thrilled with these things. Someone said Panini were a lot better than Topps??? :blink:

Redemptions have been known to be unfulfilled for literally years...at some point you may be asked if you wish to continue to wait or if you'll take a substitute. Other times you'll just get a sub anyway !

I just can't work out how they are unable to get the signed cards back by now. For instance, I got a Hillman sig mat redemption from a box of Rookies & Stars back in November and still waiting. Ronnie Hillman has literally hundreds of signature cards floating around and from much more recent releases than R&S. I've got on-card sigs from Prestige & sticker sigs from Topps cards but he hasn't sent back the R&S???

The one major beef I have with NFL.

Which reminds me of a second!!! I have recently become aware of a thing called "short print". Trying to fill my Prestige RC set and need a few that I now find out to be SP!!! Ups the price by 1000% and probs have no chance of getting some!!!:mad:

Oops, :offtopic: sorry Neil, def gunna check out Kiddercards.

I just can't work out how they are unable to get the signed cards back by now. For instance, I got a Hillman sig mat redemption from a box of Rookies & Stars back in November and still waiting. Ronnie Hillman has literally hundreds of signature cards floating around and from much more recent releases than R&S. I've got on-card sigs from Prestige & sticker sigs from Topps cards but he hasn't sent back the R&S???

Which reminds me of a second!!! I have recently become aware of a thing called "short print". Trying to fill my Prestige RC set and need a few that I now find out to be SP!!! Ups the price by 1000% and probs have no chance of getting some!!!:mad:

no worries Murray:)

In regards to the Hillman, I have the same problem with a Rod Streater Panini Black Auto I am waiting on. Since Black has been released, Streater has had non-redemption autos in Prizm and Contenders yet my Black redemption has not been filled. And the Black set is $200 a box stuff! I have asked Panini in the redmption form about this, but have yet to have a reply. I can only assume the Black will be an on card auto that he has not yet returned.

In Panini's (and Topps) defense some of these athletes are just useless at returning the cards on time if at all. I know Julio Jones has signed very little of his stuff and a lot of his rookie autos from 2011 are starting to be replaced as it doesn't look like he is returning the cards. I would include Upper Deck in this (who I might add are the worst when it comes to getting your redemptions redeemed in my opinion) but I know a lot of the reason the autos of theirs don't get filled is because they haven't paid the athletes or in some cases have not even had the athletes permission to use them!! I still think Panini is better to deal with than Topps hands down.

As for the Prestige SP's, most of these are not "shortprinted" like the Contenders for example. There is still ample of them around (I think they average 1 a box). Have you got a list of the ones you need? I am happy to keep an eye for you for any when I am buying stuff off ebay or from other sites that I can add into my purchase.

Back
Top Bottom