15-16 NBA Draft and Pre- Season discussion

I'm surprised the Raptors are being mentioned as improvers. They've lost an underrated Amir Johnson and 6th man of the year Lou Williams. Personally think Joseph is overrated. I do like Carroll however but can't see how they've managed to remain the same let alone improve. For mine the biggest winner is the Spurs. To be able to resign their core guys and add LA is huge in a tight conference and signing West is a bonus. A healthy Heat will contend in the East with Green, Winslow and Stoudermire added to rotation. Think sides I haven't seen mentioned yet are Bucs and Clippers. Adding Munroe to a side that made the playoffs last year and hopefully a fully fit Jabari could mean great things for Milwakee. Having DJ backflip was massive, but I think picking up Pierce and Wes Johnson will be handy. I also reckon locking up AD, Ajinca and Asik means the Pelicans will be a force for a while.

I'm surprised the Raptors are being mentioned as improvers. They've lost an underrated Amir Johnson and 6th man of the year Lou Williams. Personally think Joseph is overrated. I do like Carroll however but can't see how they've managed to remain the same let alone improve. For mine the biggest winner is the Spurs. To be able to resign their core guys and add LA is huge in a tight conference and signing West is a bonus. A healthy Heat will contend in the East with Green, Winslow and Stoudermire added to rotation. Think sides I haven't seen mentioned yet are Bucs and Clippers. Adding Munroe to a side that made the playoffs last year and hopefully a fully fit Jabari could mean great things for Milwakee. Having DJ backflip was massive, but I think picking up Pierce and Wes Johnson will be handy. I also reckon locking up AD, Ajinca and Asik means the Pelicans will be a force for a while.

Really good points. I don't watch enough Raps so can't really comment, but CoJo has improved immensely the past season. He got a lot of mins under his belt with Parker and Mills out, he's an excellent backup. But that instant offense that Lou brings will be missed for sure.

The Bucks are going to be very exciting to watch. Like 90s Hornets with Zo, Muggsy and LJ exciting:)

I think Lance going to LAC will also be intriguing, may go very well for them.

Honestly, Asik got over paid. hes a shell of what he was in Chicago. I'm really shocked the Pels offered him what they did - I feel they were bidding against themselves at that dollar amount? Who else would have offered him $12mill a season?

They got lost vs Nets last year and Wizards this year they had to do something. I forgot they lost Lou though!

Honestly, Asik got over paid. hes a shell of what he was in Chicago. I'm really shocked the Pels offered him what they did - I feel they were bidding against themselves at that dollar amount? Who else would have offered him $12mill a season?
I don't think it matters. That 3 man rotation worked for them and it's been retained. Completely agree that he's overpaid, but I'm thinking purely in terms of structure and set up. I suppose at least the Pelicans will get some blocks and boards for their money. Now LA and Hibbert, that's another story!

They got lost vs Nets last year and Wizards this year they had to do something. I forgot they lost Lou though!

Losing Lou Williams to LA will hurt them, however they did get Carroll which now puts Terence Ross in that same role, which he excels in. So I think they'll be fine in that scoring aspect.

The raptors came in to the offseason looking for two things: Bench depth and Rebounding. I think they ticked boxes across the boards with the bench depth. The rebounding - Amir had 7pts and 5 rbs a game at PF. Scola last season averaged 9 & 6, so a marginal upgrade at best (keep in mind that Scola has a good midrange game where Amir has virtually nothing outside the paint) - and the addition of Biyombo should help whilst Valanciunas is resting.

why isn't anyone mentioning okc as a contender next year if healthy?? look at the squad they have if everyone is available playoff time!! I know the spurs look good, getting Aldridge and West, but remember they are still an old team...warriors will be there, clips improved, and everyone else will be on the outside looking in from the west, except Houston, they will be good for the second round probably...

why isn't anyone mentioning okc as a contender next year if healthy?? look at the squad they have if everyone is available playoff time!! I know the spurs look good, getting Aldridge and West, but remember they are still an old team...warriors will be there, clips improved, and everyone else will be on the outside looking in from the west, except Houston, they will be good for the second round probably...

The west is a 5 horse race with injuries determining who finishes where.

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
-------------
6. Memphis
7. New Orleans
-------------
Spot 8 is wide open I believe
8. Phoenix, Utah, Sacramento,
-------------
11. Dallas (can run for 8th if Matthews recovers in full and Deron finds form)
12. Lakers
13. Portland
14. Wolves
15. Denver

Last edited:

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
-------------
6. Memphis
7. New Orleans
-------------
-------------
12. Dallas (can run for 8th if Matthews recovers in full and Deron finds form)
13. Lakers
14. Wolves
15. Denver

Whilst I'm at it, here's where I see the east right now

1. Cleveland
2. Chicago (pending an emergence of any kind of offence)
3. Miami
-----------
4. Milwaukee
5. Atlanta
6. Toronto
7. Washington
-----------
8. Boston, Indiana, Charlotte
-----------
11. Detroit
12. Orlando
13. New York
14. Brooklyn
15. Philadelphia

I agree with all you said except that Cojo is "Overrated".... he isn't rated at all?? Never gets any hype and just got his first payday. Mark my words, he will earn that $7.5 per from next year on. Its not just another Nando De Colo we sent up to Canada! :lol:

With the signings of Kawhi, Danny Green, LaMarcus, Ray McCallum, Jonathan Simmons balancing out TD, Manu, Parker, West and Diaw, it would seem we are pretty balanced in age wouldn't you think??

1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. Thunder
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
-------------
6. Memphis
7. New Orleans
-------------
-------------
12. Dallas (can run for 8th if Matthews recovers in full and Deron finds form)
13. Lakers
14. Wolves
15. Denver

I got Jazz making the 8 this year!

so Macadoo is playing summer league with GSW. Perhaps an undrafted free agent pick up, could be a good one? Oubre looks quit impressive, was hoping Indy drafted him but now happy with Turner. Summer league is quite fun

Back
Top Bottom