Press Plate opinions

1s1ah

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jesse
eBay User
1s1ah
I was wondering what were your guy's feelings on press plates?

I'm kind of annoyed by them, but being a PC I still pick them up. They're just not all that exciting, and it adds 4 1/1's to your list. It would be different if they were framed in to add presentation value like Topps did, but instead with UD and Panini all we get is a sticker slapped onto the back.

Yeah they're a bit meh sometimes, but in another way they're pretty cool. Assuming they ARE the plates used to create a print run of xxx amount of cards (or 1 just card), it's pretty cool to collect them. And they're getting cheaper and cheaper these days. I remember paying over $100USD on more than one occasion for some Harris ones back in the day!!!

And hey, collect all 4 and make your own cards!! :thumbsup:

In theory they sound great but in reality, like 1s1ah said it's another four 1/1's to collect.

If I did things I would make it into a redemption card that you sent away and received all 4 printing plates in a nice framed piece that could be hung on a wall or placed somewhere.

That would keep everyone eager for the redemption cards/plates, no multiple 1/1 to hunt and I think it's value a lot higher

Prefer what Futera do in that they only release 1 colour plate for each card issued and then include together with other pieces such as both front and back plates, 1 colour and blank back cards etc...all as one lot in a production set.

I think juddcollector is onto something. How sought after would redemption cards that were for all 4 of the plate colors?

I came here to post the same type of thread. Panini have completely devalued printing plates by flooding the market with them. The National treasures releases where every box has a plate makes them next to worthless. Beckett arent listing them (I dont think), and you can pick them up really cheap. If they are special and 1/1 then make them special.

I picked up a couple for my PC player but stopped when I saw how low they were selling for.

Rant over

I came here to post the same type of thread. Panini have completely devalued printing plates by flooding the market with them. The National treasures releases where every box has a plate makes them next to worthless. Beckett arent listing them (I dont think), and you can pick them up really cheap. If they are special and 1/1 then make them special.

I picked up a couple for my PC player but stopped when I saw how low they were selling for.

Rant over

I've noticed they list some, but also miss some.

Again, if they just did them like Topps did a few years back I believe they'd be less of a burden to PC.

For my Aminu PC they are cool because they are cheap and nobody else is chasing them. For my Kemp PC they are annoying because some collector pay crazy prices for them, so I guess it really depends on your PC and PC'ing habits.

I like to get them for cards that I can match them up to that I really like. For example I have a gallinari logoman and one of the printing plates to match it which makes it cool to me

honestly, they shouldn't be called a 1/1 - it's just a marketing gimmick to make it sound even more rare. technically, its a #/4 set - no different to a by the letter card really.

Working in the printing industry, I can happily say these are the biggest piece of junk a collector can get hold of. More than likely, the original plates chipped, broke or or are heavily stained with ink and we are having distributed to us the backup set.

honestly, they shouldn't be called a 1/1 - it's just a marketing gimmick to make it sound even more rare. technically, its a #/4 set - no different to a by the letter card really.

Working in the printing industry, I can happily say these are the biggest piece of junk a collector can get hold of. More than likely, the original plates chipped, broke or or are heavily stained with ink and we are having distributed to us the backup set.
I've always wondered why none of the plates have ink stains

Back
Top Bottom