2013-14 Preferred aka Drool Worthy!

Telfs Card Park

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tom Telfer
eBay User
dynastysportscentral
I got an email from David Sharp from Panini stating that the cards for Preferred had been produced and posted to the players but he couldn't give me a release date and then......I found this link on their blog! Enjoy!

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...ews-2013-14-preferred-basketball-silhouettes/

Would be interested to know thoughts on this one as most of you know I am chasing the jersey version set so when it lands feel free to contact me with any of those you are looking to offload. Its a shame there is a number of big names that have been on every checklist from 2011-present but there seems to still be a lot of new faces which will make the chase more enjoyable. Once again Panini seems to have found the right design and this release will be my preferred option this year!

Patches seem to get a little smaller each year..

Still one of there best releases each year though..
Will be doing a GB or two when it releases.

The design looks so much like the previous seasons. Not much imagination Panini. Nice patches though.

I like the look of this years more then last years release, I'm happy that a lot of people don't like them to much hopefully I can get some of the patches cheaper.

Its gonna be interesting to see who else is on the checklist and with a single year rookie class there won't be as many as last year which is a good thing for those of us chasing 2011-12 and 2012-13 still. I think the only primes I will have a look at would be the Spurs ones in particular the Doc Rivers because I don't even think he has a Spurs auto from memory. As always there will be that 2 or so month window where these are everywhere and then they disappear like new releases do. I will be picking up the low numbered ones and wait on those /99 as they are easier to find even 12 months later.

Its gonna be interesting to see who else is on the checklist and with a single year rookie class there won't be as many as last year which is a good thing for those of us chasing 2011-12 and 2012-13 still. I think the only primes I will have a look at would be the Spurs ones in particular the Doc Rivers because I don't even think he has a Spurs auto from memory. As always there will be that 2 or so month window where these are everywhere and then they disappear like new releases do. I will be picking up the low numbered ones and wait on those /99 as they are easier to find even 12 months later.

That's the problem really, they flood the market and people pay huge prices where if you wait a couple of months some of the prices are halved. Like the Drummond prime last year $800+ at release that now only gets $400, but I myself wouldn't want to miss out on some of the #/5 and less, so I have a real problem at release haha. Also I think people know Flawless and Immaculate will be coming later in the year so some might not pay as much for silhouettes like last year.

That's the problem really, they flood the market and people pay huge prices where if you wait a couple of months some of the prices are halved. Like the Drummond prime last year $800+ at release that now only gets $400, but I myself wouldn't want to miss out on some of the #/5 and less, so I have a real problem at release haha. Also I think people know Flawless and Immaculate will be coming later in the year so some might not pay as much for silhouettes like last year.

I think right now is the perfect time to get some bargains as people now know Preferred is coming along with Flawless and Immaculate. I picked up a Beal silo for $43 the other day and that normally goes for double that. I am glad to only be looking for the non-prime ones for the PC and couldn't imagine the amount of coin you prime silo collectors will be shelling out. I have spent about 3k on the non-prime ones alone! I am hoping they don't have any numbered below 5 in the non-prime set. If they ever include 1/1's in the non-prime set I think I would stop collecting them. All the best in the hunt and hopefully we can help each other out at some stage!

Back
Top Bottom