Your oppinions wanted on High end box/case purchase

Verse1

No Glove, No love.
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
VerseOne79
Hey Lads im looking into buying myself a box or even a case of high end NBA cards but im a little apprehensive as i've never paid more than about $200-250 a box.
Any suggestions on which box/case would be best as a LeBron/Jordan/Kobe collector?

Cheers Nick

As a LBJ/MJ/Kobe collector, your best bet is to spend the case money on nice LBJ/MJ/Kobe singles. Consider how much a high end case is going to set you back, and check what you could buy for that money.

If you really want to bust a case, then obviously you'll need an UD product, so Exquisite, UD Black or Ultimate would be the go. Ultimate would probably be the best value, the other two would be more of a hit and miss affair.

Yeah i've thought of buying nice high end singles but i thought i'd just buy a case of something high end first before doing the single thing.

Would there be a particular year to buy? Where do you guys buy from.....the states or off aus suppliers?

It really is just an awful time to be buying a case of cards. Honestly, you are looking at an exchange rate of about 60 cents per aussie dollar...it's really bad, you are paying a 50-60% premium right there. At least with singles, lower demand on cards perhaps balances out the exchange rate a tad, but case prices are generally pretty stable. Do what you want obviously, but think about the possibility of getting almost nothing of value or interest from a case that you have spent your hard earned on.

I see where your coming from but there's just something about breaking a box and rumaging through then coming across that card you didn't expect.

Does anyone know any aust or US suppliers that are decently priced?

I usually go to DACardWorld and would love to get UDBlack again this year if the Aussie $$ moves up a bit.. Ultimate would be best value as mentioned earlier.

I like the Exquisites but yeah the dollar would have to get back up there before i go for it.
To think only 6 months ago we were 96c to the $ :mad:

Yeah man, its really impossible to buy things, My friend and I were going to have a look at UD black but we pulled out because of the dollar, Yeah High end we usually like the look of UD PREMIER, UD Black or UD Exquisite.

Now you got to be careful with custom fees, anything over $1000 Aussie is going to hurt big time and cases cost like between $2000 or $3000

If you go with DAcardworld there a guy call Brad his the ebay (ebay user name greatboxes) and premiere manager, his great to deal with and he'll send you cases around $40 US dollars (depending on the size but thats a average price) with DHL but it has to go to a street address. Brad will avoid custom fees, he puts items at a really low custom value, he tells me hasn't had a item lost as yet, if something did get lost, he'll be asking DHL what happened with it, you also have to sign for the goods as well, DHL with just try and deliver it twice to your street address, If your not home during the day your better off going to DHL in your nearest city and picking it up at headquarters.

Back
Top Bottom