Your favourite Matches ever!

Warney

Number 20.
Real Name
Anthony
eBay User
tazzad1109
Hi All,

Thought we might get some sharing going on another thread.. the question is..

What is your favourite match(s) that you've witnessed ever?? Whether it be recent or 20 years ago.. Doesn't matter! Share!

My personal favourite matches are all Manchester United games and are more recent because as many of you know i am younger!

1. 2008 Champions League Final..
I watched this match Live and it was just amazing how a side goes from losing the European Cup to winning it within just one kick! When Cech saved Ronaldo i sank.. When JT stepped up everyone knew that if he scored Chelsea would claim it.. but luckily he slipped up and missed it! It was the most amazing feeling when Van der Sar saved Anelka in sudden death!

2. 1999 Champions League Final..
United were down 1-0 against Bayern and i think every United fan lost hope as it when into stoppage time.. Beckham constructed a great move into the box and a Bayern defender came out and slid the ball out for a corner.. Martin Tyler said, "Can Manchester United Score? They always score!".. Those words make me cringe every time i watch it! Schmeichel headed up for the corner.. Beckham whipped it in and was cleared away to the edge of the box by a Bayern player.. Giggs lined up and smashed it, miss hitting it and Teddy Sherringham hit it off balance into the bottom corner!! United got a corner seconds later.. Beckham crossed the perfect ball in and Super Sub Solskjaer clipped it in!

3. 2009/2010 Barclays Premier League Match, United v City

I just loved this match.. It was just so important.. It was goal for goal until Michael Owen scored that winner!

my fave game of all time is the 1974 WC final. germany vs holland. the dutch playing true total football, and the mighty germans beating them anyway...
1999 FA cup semi final replay. manutd vs arsenal.
2011 champs league semi final. barca vs arsenal. either leg.
1996 FA cup final. liverpool vs manutd. cantona's goal.
1999 epl match. kanu vs chelsea. i remember my mate asking me as kanu came on 'you think arsenal can still win?' to which i replied: 'no, but kanu can'. down 2-0, a kanu hat-trick sealed the win.
almost every game paolo dicanio played for westham is worth watching.
and i guess the liverpool champs league final vs ac milan should get a mention...

---------- Post added 07-07-2011 at 03:40 PM ----------

hey warney. think we should start a favorite goals thread?

my fave game of all time is the 1974 WC final. germany vs holland. the dutch playing true total football, and the mighty germans beating them anyway...
1999 epl match. kanu vs chelsea. i remember my mate asking me as kanu came on 'you think arsenal can still win?' to which i replied: 'no, but kanu can'. down 2-0, a kanu hat-trick sealed the win.
and i guess the liverpool champs league final vs ac milan should get a mention...

sure mate if you'd like.. theres so many goals though!

1.) 2001 champions-league-final: valencia vs. bayern munich

its always nice to see your favorite team win a champions-league-final

2.) 2001 bayern munich - hsv 1:1

it was the last day of the german championship season.
schalke 04 won their game and bayern was back at 0:1.
in the 94. minute a HSV-player passed back to his goalkeeper, who took the ball in his hand.
indirect freekick 10 meters before the HSV-goal and patrick andersson scored.
without the late goal schalke would have been champion.

3.) uefa-cup-quarterfinal 2nd game getafe - bayern munich 3:3

first game was 1-1
getafe lead 1-0 and ribery scored in the 88th minute.
now overtime
2 quick goals from getafe an its 3-1 for them.
but bayern managed to came back and luca toni scored in the 124. minute (i guess).
best game i ever saw, because i thought its already lost.

game i dont like:

1999 champions-league final

big loss for bayern, but bayern got their revenge in the 2009/10 season champions league with a great goal from arjen robben against manU.

I gotta go with sgt_pepper

1999 FA Cup semi replay - Ryan Giggs goal was one of the greatest i have seen.
1996 FA Cup Final - still remember King Eric's goal. Took one step back and BANG - GOALLLLLLL!!!!!!!
1999 Champions League Final - most epic finish to a game ever.

Philippe ALBERT

Those Ginola and Albert goals were nuts...

---------- Post added 01-09-2011 at 05:30 PM ----------

Here's a few from me....

Here's the game that made me a City fan...check out McKenzie's volley....

Was 7 at the time and Dad got me up to watch the original and this replay - both awesome games...

The Greatest comeback in FA Cup history....

The Maine Road Massacre - I used to have City shirt like this....

Check out SWP's 4th here....

The last Maine road Derby with Shaun Goater scoring his 99th and 100th City goals...

United's Munich memorable day...via fanzone!!!!!

I was at this game at Maine road - one of only 2 I've seen live - but what a day - Check out Quinn's 3rd and also a young Eric Cantona turning out for Leeds....

---------- Post added 01-09-2011 at 06:07 PM ----------

Warney agreed about the 09-10 4-3 derby - that was a fantastic match - all 97 minutes of it!!!

Also how old were u when United won the Euro Cup in 98-99?? U woulda been in nappies wouldn't ya?? ;)

the game wasnt one of my faves, but this goal certainly is...

FA cup classic. di canio classic. barthez classic. taxi anyone? best part being he was on-side.

tevez beats united AND keeps the hammers in the top flight. cheers dude.

no one will ever get a faster hat-trick. vs arsenal no-less. fowler = god.

Cool thread. Well i might as well throw my 2 cents in...

WC 86 West Germany v France - Was the 1st WC game i watched live. My dad woke me up and we watched it. I was 8 lol
USA 94 Watched all the games live up until the quater finals cause i was just too tired. Wont do that ever again haha. The game sticking out is USA v Colombia massive upset plus sadly that own goal.
Euro 96 Croatia v Turkey - 1st game Croatia featured in a finals tournament and Vlaovic's goal at the end.
Euro 96 Croatia v Denmark - the game which imo Croatia announced their arrival. The way Suker played and gave Schmeichel nightmares plus that chip is pure class
WC 98 Croatia v Germany - Revenge
WC 02 Croatia v Italy - We won the game and i put a bet on paying 8-1. I celebrated so much i nearly broke my leg hahahaha long story
06 WC Australia v Croatia - Was the only time ever i wanted Croatia to lose.
2011 Championship Leicester City v Ipswich - Last game of the season, 6 goals we won 4-2. Was a great game and will always stick out because i was there with awesome seats. An experience ill never forget and for me the best game ever :)

Oh yeah i guess its obvious Im Cro. My parents are Croatian immigrants. Im proud of my heritage but im an Aussie considering i couldnt speak english till i was in kindergarden haha ....

WC 1990 Argentina V West Germany - 1st World cup I watched, all I remember is getting up really early and following the old fella to the TV.
USA 94 Still my favourite world cup. The whole Brazil team was amazing (especially Romario), as was the Azzuri's. Baggio took them to the final, very unfortunate he missed. Half way through a game they started showing O.J Simpson trying to run away from the police :lol:. Valderramma's hair, Gheorghe Hagi's goals, Roger Milla, Maradona getting banned and sadly Andres Escobar.
France 98, Ronaldo! Rene Higuita doing the scorpion kick, Michale Owen's goal against Argentina.
2002 World cup, Ronaldo again, but the highlight for me was QF where Rhonaldhino chipped it over David Seaman's head who was off his line.
2005 Champions league Liverpool V Olympiakos Steven Gerrard's goal! What a strike. Lets not forget the final 3-0 down and we came back to win it.
2006 FA Cup final, Steven Gerrard's goal again to make it 3-3. One of the best games I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom