Your best NRL cards!

Brplat

Penrith Panthers 3-PEAT 2021/2022/2023 Premiers
Real Name
Loz
eBay User
Brplat
Hi NRL collectors :)
I thought it would be nice for everyone to share their fave cards...and possibly a explaination of why they are important to them. :D if your bored like me you should throw up some images too, makes it interesting :)

1)One you own that is meaningful to you personally :)
2)Your most valuable card :) - Probably one from your PC or fave team :thumbsup:
3) One you want but dont have as yet :(

For me it is

1) Most meaningful
Of course its my hand signed Craig Gower 2007 gem card, :) i got this signed myself personally at a charity golf day that some of the players attended. Gower is my fave player and this was the last time i got him to sign for me before he went overseas :(

CraigGowerGEM.jpg

2) Most Valuable
As i dont buy boxes and actually dont buy alot of packets i dont have the fantastic autos limited to 110 like others do :p but i do have my Frank Pritchard Top Prospects that gives value to my Penrith PC :) numbered 028/500.

FrankPritchardTopProspect.jpg

3) The one i want

This card i have always wanted to get :( but its abit expensive in my opinion as i dont buy alot of high end expensive cards :(
........someday hopefully
0541_11.jpg

2007 SELECT NRL FORCE SIGNATURE AUTO: RHYS WESSER /110 - eBay Trading Cards, Merchandise, NRL, Rugby League, Sport. (end time 17-Apr-09 16:14:08 AEST)

Look forward to seeing other cards from other colletors!
Brplat

The best NRL card in my PC has to be my 2003 Jersey Signature Redemption No 007 of 100 featuring Darren Lockyer........I only started collecting cards in 2005 and the first time I went to a trading card swap meet in Brisbane was when I saw this card for sale and I thought one day I have to have it.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Great idea for a thread! Here goes mine, being a Knights fan, they are all Johns cards ...

1) Most meaningful

I've got three in here. First of all, the 2001 All Star Signature ... it was one I had wanted for years but never had enough money, so it was great to finally get it, in about 2005, I believe.

Second is the 2003 Johns Scanlans card, just coz I think it's a great looing card, and one of the rarest that I have.

Thirdly the Johns 1996 signed MVP ... this one took me aaages to track down. There are plenty of signed ones that aren't numbered out there, but numbered ones with the A4 certificate of authenticity are pretty hard to track down, I think. Dynamic went bust not long after this set, which is one of the reasons it's scarce.

2) Most valuable

Definitely the 2004 Johns Captain Signature.

3) The one I want

I have most Knights cards, but a few of the Fielders and Buttercup bread cards from the late 80s and early 90s elude me. They sell on ebay (on the rare occasion that they do come up) for about 50 bucks a card though, so I don't think I will ever get those.

img015.jpg

img019.jpg

img021.jpg

img024.jpg

img026.jpg

img010.jpg

img013.jpg

Nice Joeys mate, i want them all :woot: Im trying to track down one of those numbered MVPs with the COA :v: Have you got the proper 1996 Gold Element (water) auto with the original COA? Cant find that one either :( Im a great fan of those Scanlen/Select cards. Finally the Sharks ones have popped up on Ebay. High price though, i might have to make an offer when it goes through with no bids :thumbsup:

Nice Joeys mate, i want them all :woot: Im trying to track down one of those numbered MVPs with the COA :v: Have you got the proper 1996 Gold Element (water) auto with the original COA? Cant find that one either :( Im a great fan of those Scanlen/Select cards. Finally the Sharks ones have popped up on Ebay. High price though, i might have to make an offer when it goes through with no bids :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've got the Johns and Harragon element ones numbered out of 200, with the card-sized COA. From memory, they were even harder to find than the MVP ... some of the Dynamic ones are so hard to find, which is weird, when the numbers are pretty large compared to the Select ones. But I reckon a lot less were actually released for some of them, compared to what the numbers say.

The designs of the Dynamic cards were a lot more exciting than what we get these days ...

I wish Select would release some more jersey cards, though ... that Lockyer one looks awesome! Best release Select have ever made, I say. Wish they'd done a Knights player.

Around $2750 i think for the set of 32

It was 30 cards (no Gold Coast in 2003) ... and that's the right price. If you were lucky enough to get drawn to buy a set.

Personally, though, I doubt many would have made any money selling them seperately on ebay. I got the Johns for 300 bucks (presumably one of the most expensive cards) and the Ben Kennedy for $100.

Yeah no one is making money off them and thats why no one is prepared to sell them (the ones on ebay now are the first lot in ages), I want the 2 Sharks ones and the Barrett but not at that price. I got both my Johns ones for 250 each, so i cant really justify paying close to that for Kimmorley and Stevens. Having said that, i love that set and desperately want them.

Even though Craig Gower is my fave player of all time, i still wouldnt buy that card of him due to the $$$ involved
Brplat

It's a lovely set Brplat, if Gower is your all time fave then I say go for it! That's 2003, premiership year for the Panthers as well.

It's a bit much for Kimmorley and Stevens though, I agree. Stevens wasn't a superstar, just a solid player, and Kimmorley is great, but no longer a Shark.

I must say i like the 2007 gem cards better than this and last years with the stuppid caricture body plus this years gem doen't even play for the raiders this year but i must say my fav card is my laurie daily gem master cel plus as a bonus it only cost me 15 bucs

To get things back a bit closer to topic. My favourites are usually the good cards I've pulled from random packs. Always good to get something that your not really expecting. From the Dynamic cards I pulled a Fittler all fired up redemption at the time i'd never pulled a redemption for a signed card out of a pack so I was very excited.

In the early days of ebay i picked up some more dynamic signed cards with certificates for really cheap the highlight being a Tim Brasher acetate being a tigers fan. Would have had the whole set if I'd had any clue back then but just bought a few of the players I thought were good. Traded some off too which I regret now.

2006 I pulled a Johns Legend die cut and was pretty happy with that.

My favourite cards would probably be the 2005 tigers predictor set and Benji Marshall future force.

The cards I'd like but don't have would most proabably the Darren Senter Captain Signature card or Scott Prince Accolade Signaure. Have seen them both a couple of times but always way over priced.

The cards I'd like but don't have would most proabably the Darren Senter Captain Signature card or Scott Prince Accolade Signaure. Have seen them both a couple of times but always way over priced.

Yeah :( signatures are most of the time way overpriced
Brplat

hey guys,
im yet 2 own a scanner but will list sum of my favourites anyways.

1. Most meaningful. i have 2 cards here 2 list. my 1st is a 1989 Gary Belcher common card, i remember being 5 yrs old and getting my 1st pack of cards. this was the 1st card of the pack and 10yrs later at a origin charity match ( u no, where they bring back all the retired players ) i had it signed. My 2nd is a personally autographed card of greg alexander from tha dynamic 1994 series 2 set. its a 10 yr tribute card and brandy was always my fav plyer growing up so it meant the world to me 2 have it signed in 2000.

2. Most valuable. im not sure on the value of cards on the market but i would guess the 3 redemption cards i have, i was luck enuff to get 1 in 2000, 01 & 02 and they are as follows. 2000 Trent Barrett, 2001 Tony Puletua, Go the Panthers and 2002 Henry Perenara. Personal value would go to a 1995 tribute card of Steve Rogers who was coached many many moons ago from my Grandfather, i had this card signed at the same origin match.

3 The one i want. Hmmmm i once had a Ryan Girdler hand signed 1995 tribute card. i was foolish and gave it to an ex girlfriend coz she loved him, ha. still kickin myself, i have replaced the card but i want my sig back :(

Ok Heres mine.
1. MOST MEANINGFUL- 2006 and 2007 Signature Tazos
SignatureTazos.jpg

A rumoured 10 signature tazos for each player, make this double almost irreplaceable. Reasonably priced now, im certain that these bad boys will only increase in value :D Oh and i own 2 of the 2007 ones :p

2. MOST VALUABLE- 2006 Record Breaker Signature /120
rb.jpg

This is my most valuable card i own, its a nice looking card and in the same price range as the 2001 All Star Signature (Which i need)

3. MOST WANTED- 2004 Captains Signature

Well probably the most expensive single rugby league card in existence, i cant really consider myself a Master Andrew Johns Supercollector until i have this rippa in my posession :v:

2004 Captains Sig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom