You Must Send First If You Have Less Than 10 Feedbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who forget the heading of this forum, this is the site suggestion forum, with the heading "A place for making suggestions regarding the site. Don't be shy - make a suggestion! All posts are read and considered"

I am making a suggestion of amending this rule. In what way am I wrong? And if someone calls a person who make suggestions name, then I seriously think he should be banned.

Hey Andy,

Not all members on here have a PayPal account - this isn't their own fault, some don't have a credit card or only know how to do bank transfer. Just because one doesn't have PayPal we should exclude them from the hobby. This rule attempts to offer a little more protection to all members, and for those members without PayPal, it's the only protection they get. Furthermore, there are also a fair few younger members on this site that cannot afford to purchase cards, and therefore cards are only acquired via trading. So this rule also offers protection to these younger members which is extremely important to keep them in the hobby.

Also, Matt didn't ask you to leave - I think you interpreted it the wrong way. He was basically saying this rule won't change anytime soon.

Hope you haven't been put off the site mate, there are a lot of fantastic people on here.

Cheers, Cal

Rules are there for a reason. Who are you (or anyone) to come to a site and start selling with no reputation? Feedback system is there to earn trust, and as has been said previously, would be close to the best selling/trading policies on any site.

So are you saying, if you are starting a new website selling things, you should be sending out goods first before receiving payments, until you are so called "established? And also see post #21

Have you used or heard of Paypal? If you have, I can't believe you have just said that.

So are you saying, if you are starting a new website selling things, you should be sending out goods first before receiving payments, until you are so called "established? And also see post #21

Have you used or heard of Paypal? If you have, I can't believe you have just said that.

Hey mate,

Dont know why your trying to argue the point, stir people's pot. The rule has worked in the past, the rule wont be changed anytime soon. Good you have a suggestion but its not going to change it is it??? If you would like to be a part of this great site, then feel free to, lots of great members on here who will trade, sell and buy off or too you.

Hey Andy,

Not all members on here have a PayPal account - this isn't their own fault, some don't have a credit card or only know how to do bank transfer. Just because one doesn't have PayPal we should exclude them from the hobby. This rule attempts to offer a little more protection to all members, and for those members without PayPal, it's the only protection they get. Furthermore, there are also a fair few younger members on this site that cannot afford to purchase cards, and therefore cards are only acquired via trading. So this rule also offers protection to these younger members which is extremely important to keep them in the hobby.

Also, Matt didn't ask you to leave - I think you interpreted it the wrong way. He was basically saying this rule won't change anytime soon.

Hope you haven't been put off the site mate, there are a lot of fantastic people on here.

Cheers, Cal

Hi Cal,

Thanks for comment. At least, you agreed that, my suggestion is not out of the way.

I am certainly not put off by a few hot headed and self-opinioned indivduals.

Hey mate,

Dont know why your trying to argue the point, stir people's pot. The rule has worked in the past, the rule wont be changed anytime soon. Good you have a suggestion but its not going to change it is it??? If you would like to be a part of this great site, then feel free to, lots of great members on here who will trade, sell and buy off or too you.

If offering suggestions and reasons to support the suggestion is stirring people's pot, then the site suggestion forum should be scrapped then.

Unfortunately in this hobby there are too many conmen out there who know how to manipulate PayPal to work dishonestly in their favour. Ozcards 'send first' policy is a great way to help prevent any dodgy new members rip people off

It is simple, If you DO NOT want to send first without payment you always have the choice of NOT SELLING here....

you are not forced too.....

I for one wont do it, never have and never will..

it is like someone emailing me on my website and saying,
"i have never dealt with you before so send me my order and i will pay when it gets here"

it just does not happen...

actually did a couple of my first sales on here before i got 10 feedback but as i had references from this site that are regulars here and could vouch for me in person, as well as the reputation of my own buisiness/website, the deals were done no problem.

As for yourself, Being in singapore, and the bulk of members on this site are in OZ, and i am presuming no one established here knows you in person that i has to leave some doubt in peoples minds, so sorry to say,

As I said, you always have the choice to not sell to someone if they want you to send first.
the same as they can choose not to buy if you insist otherwise.

I am also a member on other US forums and as i know no one there, I have had to and am still trying to get a good reputation there, Give it time!

but complaining here about the site rules is NOT doing you any favors.....

Rules are there for a reason. Who are you (or anyone) to come to a site and start selling with no reputation? Feedback system is there to earn trust, and as has been said previously, would be close to the best selling/trading policies on any site.

absolutely right dude its a joke that they think the sites ruling system is a joke... shouldn't be allowed to trade on gere if your just gunna abuse the rules and aswell abuse people thats been on here for years this is rubbish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom