Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper League Trash Talk thread!

By the way just thought I'd ask - is there a limit on how many games each POSITION can play? - eg the Utility possy can only have 82 games in it? I remember another year I dumped my players in the utility position all year and near the end of the season I couldn't use it cos I'd reached the 82 game limit....

Is this the case with this league??

sweet, thanks for that...bring it on!!!

Hoping Charlie Villa gets heaps of pt in Detroit and the Suns run all season so JRich and Amare put up big numbers....

One more thing....just got a message saying 'u have used 0 out of 3 of your player adds' this week...

What's that about? Something to do with when you've got a full team playing??

Nope. It relates to how many times you drop/add a player from/to your team. It is limited to 3 per week to stop people from dropping/adding from the available players list to coincide with the days teams play.

OK sweet - is this common practise is it?

Thanks for helping...

What Terry said. Not really in the spirit of the game so I have put a cap of 3 add/drops per week. Allows you flexibility while not simply adding dropping constantly. Have played in leagues in the past where people literally make 3 add/drops a day cause they have 3 guys that a borderline and keep rotating them just to get stats on a given day. Sucks.

That's right guys, get your injuries out of the way early in the season :D :lol: First week looked great! Then the injury bug hit...but man am I happy with the KMarts. 1s looking like a season scoring leader (for lack of any competition for shots in SacTown) and the other seems happy to fill the box sheet every night and explode for some nice double doubles :)

Who is everyone else happy with so far? I'd imagine Steve is loving Jennings and Andrew's loving Gilbo and Chris Paul!

Guys I'm happy with:

Bargnani who i kept with my 13th pick is currently ranked 6th in the entire league.
Gasol who i thought might dip a bit with all the ballhogs coming to memphis but is actually ranked 7th in the entire league with 60fg% 79%ft% 17.6pts 12.6rbds 2 ass 1.5 stl 1.5 blks.

I thought i was very weak at C but somehow have the two highest ranked C's so far (Just need Bargnani to rebound a little more, he grabbed 12 yesterday)

Disapointed with:

Sessions - I'll give him a couple more weeks until Sota figures out exactly what they are doing with their two point guards. Last season i drafted Sessions and he got no minutes so i dropped him at the start of the season only for Milwaukee to change their approach. Was lucky enough to grab him again.

Evans + Harden - Not really surprised. As rookies expected a slow start. Hopefully Evans can adjust and steal away some of K-Marts numbers :) I expect Harden's minutes to jump significantly a little later in the season when OKC write it off and focus on blooding the youth.

Randolph. The only thing stopping this guy from succeeding and being a beast on the bball court is the Warriors organisation. Unbelievable, they gave him 7 minutes in his last game???? I thought maybe he was still carrying an injury but nope, Nellie has said he will continue with the small ball for a couple more weeks. He also suggested Randolph's future was at centre. I don't care where they play him, just get him on the bloody court.

Guys I'm happy with:

Bargnani who i kept with my 13th pick is currently ranked 6th in the entire league.
Gasol who i thought might dip a bit with all the ballhogs coming to memphis but is actually ranked 7th in the entire league with 60fg% 79%ft% 17.6pts 12.6rbds 2 ass 1.5 stl 1.5 blks.

I thought i was very weak at C but somehow have the two highest ranked C's so far (Just need Bargnani to rebound a little more, he grabbed 12 yesterday)

Disapointed with:

Sessions - I'll give him a couple more weeks until Sota figures out exactly what they are doing with their two point guards. Last season i drafted Sessions and he got no minutes so i dropped him at the start of the season only for Milwaukee to change their approach. Was lucky enough to grab him again.

Evans + Harden - Not really surprised. As rookies expected a slow start. Hopefully Evans can adjust and steal away some of K-Marts numbers :) I expect Harden's minutes to jump significantly a little later in the season when OKC write it off and focus on blooding the youth.

Randolph. The only thing stopping this guy from succeeding and being a beast on the bball court is the Warriors organisation. Unbelievable, they gave him 7 minutes in his last game???? I thought maybe he was still carrying an injury but nope, Nellie has said he will continue with the small ball for a couple more weeks. He also suggested Randolph's future was at centre. I don't care where they play him, just get him on the bloody court.

Yeah I chose not to keep Gasol cause of the projected downturn. Looking good for you :)

And Randolph...I read earlier a quote from a journalist reviewing that game. His simple 1 line defined it all...
"Anthony Randolph(notes) played seven minutes because he doesn't take three-pointers with 20 seconds left on the shot clock."
In short, Nellie's stupid.

Oh yeah I'm also happy with Lou Williams! Did expect him to bring it this year since he's expected to get ~38mins a game in the Princeton Offense, but stared the season on 20, 5, 5 and 53% shooting!

And my 1 grievance so far, though it might prove to be good in the long run, was dropping Gallinari...I drafted him 2nd last round (cause Salmons was my Keeper in the last) cause I thought he'd do what he's doing, but his poor pre-season caused me to drop him...On the plus side, I don't really need treys, so eh :D haha

---------- Post added 06-11-2009 at 11:31 AM ----------

And top add to the walking wounded... Kevin Martin has a hairline fracture in his wrist...great! :lol: And yet he could still put in 29 points and 11 rebounds yesterday with it?

Kings G Martin has injured left wrist - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Was glad u got in with the KMart injury before I did!!

Guys I've been happy with - Melo has been stellar - over 30 a game and about 6 and 4 to go with it. Horford has been the double double I needed - other than that I'm waiting for some of my guys to come on. Amare is getting better - 19-11 in one half vs Orlando but his teammates didn't show up for the 2nd half!
Same with Villanueva - had 16-7 the other day - slowly producing more...

My 2 pg's are a work in progress - Devin HArris - no progress - injury - DRose - very average so far - had no preseason and is obviously not 100% - he had 16-11 yesterday so fingers crossed...

By the way sing it with me...."I GOT GALLINARI. I GOT GALINARI CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA CHAAA CHAA"

Still have too many 3 pt bombers - not enough boards and blks...my team shot 51 3's last week....

Wow. What are the chances Ben? You come on here and say how pleased you are with both the K-Marts so far this season and then within 2 days both are out injured.

Please, tell us all how much you like some of your other players :p

Does he have Chris Douglas-Roberts?? He's got the swine flu....

I just picked up QRich - going for 10-5 - amazing thing is he was traded 4 TIMES IN THE OFFSEASON! Knicks to Memphis to the Clippers to Minnesota to Miami!!! Now he's starting for the Heat....

Wow. What are the chances Ben? You come on here and say how pleased you are with both the K-Marts so far this season and then within 2 days both are out injured.

Please, tell us all how much you like some of your other players :p

:lol: Tell me about it! Ah well, the season is young and the now 5 injured players I have...from this 1 week...will be back in time for me to take it out ;)

Classic fantasy moment today!!

I'm getting my ass kicked 11-2 right - I have a look and I have Amare, JRich and QRich playing today and Dicky has Mo Williams....Yep I'm thinking I'll be catching up some....

In the early game Mo Williams nails 5 3's on the way to 25 pts with 10-15 shooting, 4 boards and 3 assists and a steal.....

QRich - u guessed it - goes off!!!!! For 0 pts, 2 rebounds and a steal - since I picked him up he's scored 0 pts in 60 minutes of action!!!!!!!! hilarious!!

Anyway - I'm thinking JRich and Amare will do the business right??

JRich destroys the Lakers with 5 pts and 3 boards on 2-9 shooting and Amare - even hotter - 8 pts 5 boards on 2-15!!!!!

Combined my 3 boys had 13 pts on 4-26 shooting, 10 boards, no assists, 1 stl, no blks.

In the end I was cheering every miss!!!

Bloody Dicky is shooting 88% from the ft line and 51% in 3's for the week!!!
HAVE MERCY!!!!

It has been an interesting season so far. Considering the crap team i inherited and the SUPERSTAR keepers some of the other teams have got, I just hope i can make the finals and a couple of my youngsters can start to make some shots and set me up for next year.

I expect a few thrashings handed to me before the season is finished :(

I'm getting my ass kicked 11-2 right - I have a look and I have Amare, JRich and QRich playing today and Dicky has Mo Williams....Yep I'm thinking I'll be catching up some....

In the early game Mo Williams nails 5 3's on the way to 25 pts with 10-15 shooting, 4 boards and 3 assists and a steal.....

QRich - u guessed it - goes off!!!!! For 0 pts, 2 rebounds and a steal - since I picked him up he's scored 0 pts in 60 minutes of action!!!!!!!! hilarious!!

JRich destroys the Lakers with 5 pts and 3 boards on 2-9 shooting and Amare - even hotter - 8 pts 5 boards on 2-15!!!!!

Combined my 3 boys had 13 pts on 4-26 shooting, 10 boards, no assists, 1 stl, no blks.

HAVE MERCY!!!!

That's funny!

Actually, Q Richardson struggled because he attempted to take a charge with Shaq running at him in the 1st quarter. He went off the court with an icepack on his chest and struggled when he did make it back on the court.

Amare is still struggling to get back after being off 6-8 months with surgerys and rehab. I think he'll come good eventually if you give him time.

It has been an interesting season so far. Considering the crap team i inherited and the SUPERSTAR keepers some of the other teams have got, I just hope i can make the finals and a couple of my youngsters can start to make some shots and set me up for next year.

I expect a few thrashings handed to me before the season is finished :(

After next team however, all the "superstars" will be back in the draft as the 3 year contracts will be up ;) That's the good thing about the contract idea. variety after a few years of holding the same stars.

HAVE MERCY!!!!

No mercy :kick::kick:

But you got a couple on injuries which never helps. Plus i am due for a half decent week, have you seen my record?

Back
Top Bottom