Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper League Trash Talk thread!

Heard a few murmers about changing the 'Keep' number of players from 4 to 5. What thinks the consensus?

Keep it to four players max, even 3 i reckon is better, if you keep too many people it then makes it harder if someone else to raise up if they had a few struggling years, cheers

Given that there is the 3 year rule i guess i could live with 5.

Also, just to clarify when a player is traded the 3 year contract resets (from the beginning of the current season) doesn't it?

If a player is traded, the contract resets, yes :) But you get 3 FULL seasons with the player. So if you did a Detroit/Denver and traded AI for Billups after 2 games, each team gets the new players for the remainder of that season and then the new contract starts. So effectively 3 years and 79 games. This might sound stupid, and could be exploited I guess, but I can't make people give up players mid-season and who really is going to trade players like that usually?

Just had a thought, i just grabbed Dunleavy from the FA/wavers. If i decided to make him one of my keepers what spot would be allocated from him in the draft. I dropped another player from the FA pool to get Dunleavy, so would it go all the way back to the play the original player i drafted and then dropped to get the original FA? Or would it just be the final round?

Just had a thought, i just grabbed Dunleavy from the FA/wavers. If i decided to make him one of my keepers what spot would be allocated from him in the draft. I dropped another player from the FA pool to get Dunleavy, so would it go all the way back to the play the original player i drafted and then dropped to get the original FA? Or would it just be the final round?

Yep it goes back to the original player you drafted :) I am keeping a spreadsheet of all of this and simply write down who got dropped for who, and editing the original draft board. He's slotted in as your 14th round pick if you choose to keep him.

If anyone else has these queries on where a keeper would be allocated (and they weren't your original drafted player), feel free to ask :) But easy to work out, they simply replaced the player you dropped draft spot, even if it's a chain reaction down through a bunch of different players.

was just looking through today's game and i see Jeff Fosters' line:
FG:4-5, FT:3-8, Diff:+6, ORB:4, TRB 7, AST: 4, STL: 1, PF:5. Pts: 11

Not too bad, except he only played 7 minutes and 23 seconds :woot::woot: pitty he didn't play 30mins, it would have been quite a game :)

Has there been a final decision yet on the max amount of keepers allowed at season end?

As far as i'm concerned, the more the better. It is, after all, called a Keeper League.

I think some people earlier questioned how fun it will be come draft time if people keep a lot of their team. Well, that's what regular fantasy leagues that only run for one season are for.

Not set in stone but 4 was the number at the season start and there was an idea to increase that to 5, but likely no more. Yes it is a keeper league, but we also want there to be a chance for lower teams to come back up to glory or they will simply leave.

Is there room for expansion? :p

I havent played in 1 of these leagues before, but im keen as for this upcoming season to get into one. Im just reading some of the rules on the yahoo one. Is there a good site for all this stuff? like...the ultimate site? At the moment, im just reading what i find at the time and hopefully retaining some of it in the old noggin :).

Is there room for expansion? :p

I havent played in 1 of these leagues before, but im keen as for this upcoming season to get into one. Im just reading some of the rules on the yahoo one. Is there a good site for all this stuff? like...the ultimate site? At the moment, im just reading what i find at the time and hopefully retaining some of it in the old noggin :).

Sorry but nobody has dropped out so no room. Every year however there are new 1 season leagues that open up and request people to join on the boards, so look out for them round October :)

Sorry but nobody has dropped out so no room. Every year however there are new 1 season leagues that open up and request people to join on the boards, so look out for them round October :)

I can drop out if this guy wants in... I have way too many priorities ahead of this atm...

Well i will put my hand up for the spot. If there was someone before me that posted though, that is still wanting it then its only fair to give them first opportunity. But im keen, dont care what the team is like as i havent played before, so keen to learn :).

Back
Top Bottom