World cup squad

COMPO

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ron
What is your opinion of the squad. I probably would not have taken both Tait and Johnson, One sprayer is enough. By the way, has everyone had enough Beer.

Australia squad Shane Watson, Brad Haddin (wk), Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Cameron White, Tim Paine, Steven Smith, John Hastings, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait, Doug Bollinger.

i love brett lee but not too sure if he's still got it, if he's not bowling at 150kph then i dont think he can be effective enough. spot on with tait and johnson, id only pick the one of them, probably johnson but see how tait goes in the 50 over version here first, he might impress enough. maybe pontings last big series in one dayers. clarke is really struggling right now, if he doesnt find form soon then he has to be dropped, cant carry him forever! ive never seen Hastings bowl, is he any good?

I for the life of me, can't work out why Dan Christian is not in the squad.

Arguably the best one day player in the country, and not in the 15 man squad?!

Can bat and bowl. Went for $900k in the IPL for a reason.

Averaging over 50 this year in one dayers, at a strike rate of 153.

Not to mention he took 6 for 48 last month.

Baffling.

Dan Christian was a must. I don't think Tait has the fitness for 50 over cricket anymore, he pulled out of the ODI after hurting himself in the 20/20. Clarke was always going to make it but I honestly think he should carry the drinks. Hastings is a great up and coming player, bowls very smart with a lot of variety. We are still ranked #1 in the 50 over game, I'm just not sure this is a #1 ranked squad.

i love brett lee but not too sure if he's still got it, if he's not bowling at 150kph then i dont think he can be effective enough. spot on with tait and johnson, id only pick the one of them, probably johnson but see how tait goes in the 50 over version here first, he might impress enough. maybe pontings last big series in one dayers. clarke is really struggling right now, if he doesnt find form soon then he has to be dropped, cant carry him forever! ive never seen Hastings bowl, is he any good?

Lee has been bowling in the 150's. I think the selectors put Hastings and Christian in a hat. They have been doing this all summer. With Hussey injured I thought Hodge might have snuck in but.........

Lee has been bowling in the 150's. I think the selectors put Hastings and Christian in a hat. They have been doing this all summer. With Hussey injured I thought Hodge might have snuck in but.........

just tryed to find some stats for his pace from that game but couldnt, I must have missed all of lee's balls over 150 because i didnt see many if any over about 146. he has lost his scare factor. but then again stock levels arnt that impressive at the moment so may as well give him one last go, he might be the experienced difference!

Read in the paper today that old mate Mr Cricket may not make it due to his hammy bailing on him during the ODI the other night. Who to replace him?? Ferguson, Hodge, Marsh, Christian??

Dave Hussey has been in pretty ordinary form also. I guess his ability to roll the arm over with a few part timers has got him over the line, though I'm not convinced of that move...

ANd Tait... pfft... struggles to even complete 4 overs these days...

No Brad Hodge? This is beyond a joke now! :mad:

Age is a factor with Hodge, so is the Fact he isn't playing first class cricket... Does he play in the ryobi cup for Vic...? or just 20/20, I thought I read somewhere he is only playing 20/20.... Also, Hodge is a classic example of what happens when you piss of CA and/or the selectors and the fact he thinks his sh!t doesn't stink wouldn't help either~!

Age is a factor with Hodge, so is the Fact he isn't playing first class cricket... Does he play in the ryobi cup for Vic...? or just 20/20, I thought I read somewhere he is only playing 20/20.... Also, Hodge is a classic example of what happens when you piss of CA and/or the selectors and the fact he thinks his sh!t doesn't stink wouldn't help either~!

He plays Ryobi and T20! And he's been killing the Ryobi format! He's already scored like 3 centuries this season including 2 in the 130s!

What is your opinion of the squad. I probably would not have taken both Tait and Johnson, One sprayer is enough. By the way, has everyone had enough Beer.

Australia squad Shane Watson, Brad Haddin (wk), Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, David Hussey, Cameron White, Tim Paine, Steven Smith, John Hastings, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait, Doug Bollinger.

Good: David Hussey is in, not many no names...

Bad: Clarke is in, Lee is in, Siddle is out, Hodge is out...

Could be worse I guess...

If you are picking Lee then surely that means no Tait? Tait is a T20 bowler, he is no good in ODI because they don't have to bomb him like in T20 where he gets wickets from blokes slogging.

Rewarding D Hussey for years of consistency - what about Hodge? People say he is too old....he is averaging 80 this year and smoking them!! This is a 3 week tournament to win a world cup, who cares how old he is, he is THE in-form batsman in the country!!

No Ferguson or Finch but picking Clarke and D Hussey??? Clarke is hideously out of form and coat-tailing on reputation alone.

Hastings in ahead of Dan Christian? How??!!

Hauritz all of a sudden the best spinner in Australia again??!!

Bowling of Bollinger, Johnson, Lee, Tait - huge question marks over all 4 for mine. No consistency there - needed a Siddle surely for balance/reliability?????

Why is Warner OK for T20 but not ODI?

Phil Hughes a decent slogger yet nowhere to be seen????

Awful squad - AWFUL!!

5 changes for mine (M Hussey out due to fitness) - still reckon bowling is poor but not sure who else comes in

Ricky Ponting (c),
MichaelClarke (vc) out, Hodge in
Doug Bollinger
Brad Haddin
John Hastings out, Christian in
Nathan Hauritz
David Hussey
Mike Hussey out (inj) Ferguson in, NOT MARSH!!
Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Tim Paine
Steve Smith out Warner in (need an x-factor), D Hussey can bowl spinners with Hauritz instead of Smith's pies
Shaun Tait out Siddle in
Shane Watson
Cameron White

My fatasy squad
Watson
Marsh
Hussey,D
Ponting
White
Haddin
Paine
Ferguson
Smith
Christian
Hauritz
Sibble
Nannes
Lee
Bollinger

Hauritz is gone and maybe Tait.

CA should have some ball$ and say no to M Hussey, Hauritz and Tait no matter what.

And selectors look foolish having left out S Marsh.

If you are picking Lee then surely that means no Tait? Tait is a T20 bowler, he is no good in ODI because they don't have to bomb him like in T20 where he gets wickets from blokes slogging.

Rewarding D Hussey for years of consistency - what about Hodge? People say he is too old....he is averaging 80 this year and smoking them!! This is a 3 week tournament to win a world cup, who cares how old he is, he is THE in-form batsman in the country!!

No Ferguson or Finch but picking Clarke and D Hussey??? Clarke is hideously out of form and coat-tailing on reputation alone.

Hastings in ahead of Dan Christian? How??!!

Hauritz all of a sudden the best spinner in Australia again??!!

Bowling of Bollinger, Johnson, Lee, Tait - huge question marks over all 4 for mine. No consistency there - needed a Siddle surely for balance/reliability?????

Why is Warner OK for T20 but not ODI?

Phil Hughes a decent slogger yet nowhere to be seen????

Awful squad - AWFUL!!

5 changes for mine (M Hussey out due to fitness) - still reckon bowling is poor but not sure who else comes in

Ricky Ponting (c),
MichaelClarke (vc) out, Hodge in
Doug Bollinger
Brad Haddin
John Hastings out, Christian in
Nathan Hauritz
David Hussey
Mike Hussey out (inj) Ferguson in, NOT MARSH!!
Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Tim Paine
Steve Smith out Warner in (need an x-factor), D Hussey can bowl spinners with Hauritz instead of Smith's pies
Shaun Tait out Siddle in
Shane Watson
Cameron White

Changed your mind?

Walsh's team:

Batmen:

Hughes
Marsh
Hodge
White
Khawaja
Ponting

Bowlers:

Lee
Bollinger
Bracken(If he is fit)
Nannes
Siddle
Hauritz

Keepers/Alrounders:

Haddin
Paine
Smith
Watson

Hughes in a One-Day Squad?

Lets admit it, these selectors are clowns.. and they won't admit it..

Here's the squad selected and the changes i would make.

Shane Watson
Brad Haddin (wk)
Ricky Ponting (capt)- As much as i think he shouldn't be playing because of form, he is the skipper and has done well in previous world cups..
Michael Clarke- Out, replaced by Brad Hodge. Not in the best of form, you can't just play him because he is most likely to receive the captaincy soon. Hodge is good enough.
Michael Hussey- Injured and possibly out of World Cup, in this case replaced by Shaun Marsh.
David Hussey
Cameron White
Tim Paine (wk)- Maybe if one of the batsman aren't consistent bring him in as a batsmen, he's capable enough for mine..
Steven Smith
John Hastings- Out, replaced by Dan Christian.
Mitchell Johnson
Nathan Hauritz- Injured, replaced by ??? I don't think Beer for the one-day format but maybe someone like Doherty/ O'Keefe?
Brett Lee
Shaun Tait- Injured, replaced by Peter Siddle.
Doug Bollinger

Hodge is leading the scoring and averages in the Ryobi by a country mile right now. Was also the highest average last season too by memory. But the selectors are too precious to ever admit they have backed the wrong horses. Why is Marsh being selected for current games when he wasn't good enough for the squad? They are working on some twisted form of reverse logic at CA right now.

After his performance in Hobart Shaun Marsh has to be included.

Evidently the selectors have forgotten he dominated in the first IPL, so he can play well in Indian conditions. Also he can hit the ball the proverbial country mile and can open or bat down the order.

The selectors have made fools of themselves again picking David Hussey; if we are going to play Steve Smith and Nathan Hauritz why do we need a 3rd spinner? And if its so important to have a 3rd spinner on the sub-continent make Cammy White or Michael Clarke bowl; Clarke bowls that darting in 'spin' that David Hussey 'bowls' while White bowls his Anil Kumble like leg spin, which a bit different.

As for who replaces Hauritz and Shaun Tait if they miss, I'd say Dan Christian (we've got enough out and out quicks in Lee, Johnson and Bollinger) and Xavier Doherty, I guess, who ****ing knows what Australian spinner will be picked next.

Back
Top Bottom