Who Should I Collect?

carlton91

Banned User
Real Name
Eddy & Justin
Hey Guys,

Looking at starting to collect NFL.

What player do you think i Should collect?

Very broad question!! Who is your favourite team? Are you wanting a Veteran or Rookie/younger guy? What sort of prize do you want to be paying for his cards etc? Do you have a favourite position? Prefer Offense or Defense?

Probably a looking that is maybe going to become a very good player, Andrew Luck?

Andrew Luck and RG3 both have huge potential but you will find both at the moment are probably are thier peak value even if they become part of the Elite class consistantly (Brady, Manning's, Rodgers, Brees for example). While their "Beckett Value" won't change much (if at all) the sale value will decrease quite a bit come next year when the next batch of Rookies arrive.

Another couple good young QB's that look to have very bright futures are Russell Wilson (Seahawks rookie QB this year) and Colin Kapernick (49ers second year QB). Both are young with bight futures playing for teams with very good defenses which always helps and you will find will be a lot more affordable at this stage with probably a better chance to increase their value.

Andrew Luck and RG3 both have huge potential but you will find both at the moment are probably are thier peak value even if they become part of the Elite class consistantly (Brady, Manning's, Rodgers, Brees for example). While their "Beckett Value" won't change much (if at all) the sale value will decrease quite a bit come next year when the next batch of Rookies arrive.

Another couple good young QB's that look to have very bright futures are Russell Wilson (Seahawks rookie QB this year) and Colin Kapernick (49ers second year QB). Both are young with bight futures playing for teams with very good defenses which always helps and you will find will be a lot more affordable at this stage with probably a better chance to increase their value.

Totally agree with your assessment on Andrew Luck. As a Colts fan I was looking to obtain at least one Rookie Auto of his, but nothing is less than $130 for anything numbered. And as you say, come next years release of new Rookie's, Luck's cards should see a slight reduction in values on ebay. I would compare Luck to Kyrie Irving in that there is plenty of hype and they both have plenty of game to match the hype, so cards are going to be high priced right from the start.

I also agree 100% with your opinion of Kapernick. He is gonna be pretty good (I think), so he may be someone to start with now, as he is not to pricy yet, and has alot of potential for increases in value.

Keep us posted as to who you end up picking.

Another name I should have added is Andy Dalton. Second year QB for the Bengals who are on the brink of the Playoffs and he has one of the best young WR's in the game to throw too in another second year guy - A.J. Green.

Better hang on to my Kaepernick Contenders and Totally Certified autos then!!!! looks like prices are starting to go up now he is starting anyway.

Better hang on to my Kaepernick Contenders and Totally Certified autos then!!!! looks like prices are starting to go up now he is starting anyway.

Mate they are selling real good right now! He has been playing well enough and the strong 49ers Defense behind him makes is job a little easier.
I do feel sorry for Alex Smith though. He has been through so many coaches and OC and finally gets a chance to settle in, been playing real good and one concussion later forcing him to miss a game and he can't get his starting spot back. Hopefully the Raiders grab Smith next year. Would sure beat having Plamer!!

I am deciding between Russell Wilson & Andrew Luck

Honestly don't think you can go to wrong with either. Wilson is cheaper right now and has the potential to grow in price while Luck is more expensive at the moment, but has a better chance of staying at a top level.

Honestly don't think you can go to wrong with either. Wilson is cheaper right now and has the potential to grow in price while Luck is more expensive at the moment, but has a better chance of staying at a top level.
Actually I like
Colin Kaepernick

Good Choie. I got a few rc autos of Colin lm looking to move. Including the contender auto, topps chrome auto and war room auto Jersey. :) pm me if you have intetest.

Cheers

colton I think will improve I hope...

Im in the same boat just starting to collcet NFL, but going for team and also 2 players Calvin 'megatron' johnson and CJ Spiller

CJ Spiller is looking real good. Reminds me of Jamal Charles from the Chiefs - they don't need many carries to rack up the yards.

Back
Top Bottom