Which player has the most cards made of him??????

Nathraider

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Steve
eBay User
nathraider
Have been having a discussion with my son about which player has had the most cards produced of him . I am thinking it is Either Mal Meninga or Laurie Daley leaning towaards Mal. What do u guys think Give me your thoughts and contenders

I'll do a quick Andrew Johns count, but from memory he takes out Meninga.

What sort of cards are you counting, do Daily Telegraph or bread cards make the grade with you? haha

yeh joey for me, he would be right up there if not at the top also fittler, meninga.

Well I've got all the Andrew Johns' and a quick count and a bit of discretion as to which cards to count (eg - didn't count the oversized and different coloured foil cards from the 2008 master set, but did count the signed version of Dynamic cards like 1996 MVP and National Hero) brings him to 65 cards.

well thats a lot of joeys mate:) and a great collection i might add too. Joey is on top for now then. Someone will have to do a Mal card count.(Where is Victor when u need him:) )
Girds can do fittler:)

---------- Post added 23-05-2010 at 08:03 PM ----------

Well I have 47 Matt Bowen Select, Telegraph & tazos, and I know there a couple more.

Nice collection mate but tazos dont count!

Meninga would be up there with the extra subset cards from the past. But he did not have any cards produced between 83 and when he started with the raiders (I assume).

Whereas Joey had cards nearly every year he played plus inserts.

I wonder which club would come out on top? I suppose an older club that has had a lot of success recently would be most likely (as the amount of cards produced in the 2000s has been much more than previous decades).

Maybe St George or Manly?

Meninga would be up there with the extra subset cards from the past. But he did not have any cards produced between 83 and when he started with the raiders (I assume).

Whereas Joey had cards nearly every year he played plus inserts.

i know there is some early brisbane league ones of Mal there is a scanlens one on ebay at the moment MAL MENINGA SIGNED 1982 SOUTHERN SUBURBS TRADING CARD - eBay Trading Cards, Merchandise, NRL, Rugby League, Sport. (end time 25-May-10 20:28:25 AEST)

---------- Post added 23-05-2010 at 08:11 PM ----------

I wonder which club would come out on top? I suppose an older club that has had a lot of success recently would be most likely (as the amount of cards produced in the 2000s has been much more than previous decades).

Maybe St George or Manly?

Lets sought out which player first lol

Lockyer I would of thought would be the winner

My count of Johns is at 68 last time my list was updated about a year ago , thats without the tazos and other odd ball stuff, it does include the warrington cards (which some don't include in his count since they weren't NRL cards)

I just did a count of Big Mal cards
69 cards & stickers.

They are just the ones from the 100 years of RL trading cards book. So any from after 2008 are not included.

Also I am sure there was a 1994 Supporters choice gold card that was signed that is not included in the book.

---------- Post added 23-05-2010 at 08:27 PM ----------

Lockyer I would of thought would be the winner

My count of Johns is at 68 last time my list was updated about a year ago , thats without the tazos and other odd ball stuff, it does include the warrington cards (which some don't include in his count since they weren't NRL cards)

I would include the Warrington cards if they are licensed cards.

I just did a count of Big Mal cards
69 cards & stickers.

They are just the ones from the 100 years of RL trading cards book. So any from after 2008 are not included.

Also I am sure there was a 1994 Supporters choice gold card that was signed that is not included in the book.

Great work greencardy but i dont think we can count stickers.....

At the moment its defenitely Big Mal or Joey in the lead

well thats a lot of joeys mate:) and a great collection i might add too. Joey is on top for now then. Someone will have to do a Mal card count.(Where is Victor when u need him:) )
Girds can do fittler:)

I was up at Wollongong watching the Raiders smash the Dragons :D

I'll do a count tonight and see what I come up with. Should be a few as he had a few in subsets in the Dynamic Days including his own 9 card subset.

---------- Post added 24-05-2010 at 09:10 AM ----------

Looks like greencardy has beaten me to it.

Some huge numbers there.....I'd like to see a couple of lists of all their cards. My count for Johns is only about 62, including Tazo's, Daily Telegraph cards but I'm sure there is more odd ball stuff....Henny Penny / Warrington or similiar that pads out the numbers, I suppose I didn't include the Centenary Masters release which is another 3 or so.

I'd be surprised if a Bronco player wasn't there or there abouts given the number of exclusive Bronco issues with Ansett / Courier Mail etc...maybe Lockyer or King Wally...

It would also be interesting to know which player has the highest value in cards.....

Langlands, Gasnier or Raper maybe.... Given Rapers 1963 / 1964 cards are worth about $350 each, his 2002 Redemption I saw sell a couple of weeks ago for $850 and his 2008 Immortal stuff as well.

Interesting post :thumbsup:

Cheers
Ross

---------- Post added 24-05-2010 at 11:01 AM ----------

I was up at Wollongong watching the Raiders smash the Dragons :D

Smash is a big call, they won well and are good team to watch, but 3 tries in 7 minutes and the Dragons with 10 of their best on the sidelines...........;)

Ross

Smash is a big call, they won well and are good team to watch, but 3 tries in 7 minutes and the Dragons with 10 of their best on the sidelines...........;)

Ross

Haha, yeah smashing is probably an exaggeration but I'll take any win at the moment.

Don't forget we had 7 or 8 regulars out too ;) It was still a pretty high quality game with all the players missing though.

I'm not sure who 18 was for your team but he looked a handful for our defence.

Back
Top Bottom