Which gaming console is best??

Beckster24

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Beck
eBay User
rebeccaw1027
Hi all

Been thinking of moving away from my pc (laptop), to a gaming console. As there are two new baseball games coming out next month I doubt they will work on my pc as the video card is out of date now, not buying a new laptop just for that reason its not worth it. Or should I take a risk and buy the games on pc hoping they will work??

Alot of the newer games and going to the console ones rather then pc

I have no idea which is best, playstation, xbox, wii???

The games I am wanting to get are MLB The Show 09 and 2K Sports MLB 2K9

I have heard good things about the wii are the games cheaper on the different consoles?

I have a widescreen flat screen LCD tv the games will look awesome on it.

Thanks any help would be much appreciated

If your wanting a system to play sports games on i would say steer clear of the WII. As much fun as they are it wont look as good on your TV and the gameplay for sports games is never as good.

Your cheapest option is the xbox 360 arcade pack and then buying some HD component cables from wherever you purchase your system.

If money is no issue id suggest the PS3, purely because you can play online without any membership or signing up like xbox live + you also get a Blu Ray player!

The graphics on the PS3 and 360 will be better than the Wii, as they have HD graphics capabilities (I have a Wii, but not the others). For baseball games, I would definitely go with the Wii, as the wiimote control means you will probably be swinging the bat and throwing pitches much like you would in real baseball. You should really head into a store though to try the consoles out for yourself, because you don't want to get stuck with a system/control method you don't like. I would think that most good shops with systems setup (Harvey Norman for example) would let you try out particular games.

Games prices are generally quite similar for PS3 and 360, Wii titles are generally a little bit lower. That shouldn't drive your choice though, as saving a few bucks won't matter if you end up not playing at all!

I have a PS3 and its sweet!. If you have HDMI input for the TV you will be amazed at how good the graphics appear.

Also you can play Bluray movies on and if you set up a media servier on your computer you can play divX and avis straight on it.

Also as pointed out earlier in the posts you can play online which makes the games last longer.

Ive played the Wii but im unsure how much life it would have before it becomes boring. I havnt played an Xbox so i cant comment on that.

But at the end of the day its your money so spend it as you see fit.

Chris

I'm moving towards the playstation as I know the graphics will look better compared to the others so why not spend the extra $ on one of those

Unfortunately the games on here are lot dearer aren't they?

I need to have a good think about it seeing I am only get the two games for it, if its really worth it.

My graphics card on my laptop is an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 the game needs higher then that, I really love it if it would work on my laptop, it would save me a lot of money in the end.

Oh yeah forgot about that, thats a good point, my Dad has got a few more recent games Call of Duty 4 etc I am sure if that works on my comp then i hopefully should be right for the Baseball games, fingers crossed

I bought a PS3 recently and couldnt be happier with it....i have always preferred PS over XBOX....

The Call of Duty game worked fine on my laptop, going to take a risk and get the baseball game I wanted for PC if that doesn't work then will save up for a PSP3

man if you want a real awesome baseball game.

Get a N64 and ken griffey jr baseball.

Still the best baseball game made. I haven't found one new game to match the fun and controls of it. Sure the gfx arent this gen but game play is more important then pretty gfx.

I love busting out the 64, just my thumbstick on all 4 controllers are so busted it hurts my thumb to play :lol: doesnt stop me from playin some goldeneye or no mercy

Back
Top Bottom