Where will Judd land?

ozguy3825

kobemania
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
parr2004
Judd will come back to victoria i'm pretty sure, where do u guys think he will land. I'd almost love to say that the pies or Buckley himself should step aside and bring in judd. But i can see judd landing in carlton, melbourne or richmond myself. Any ideas?

Nope, he will sign with the Eagles for 2 more years for at least a mil, then maybe head back to Vic after that.

Nope, he will sign with the Eagles for 2 more years for at least a mil, then maybe head back to Vic after that.

Good call. The Eagles are where all the money is going to be, even though Collingwood will write a Blank Cheque for him as they do for ALL big name players. And some rumours are that Worsefold is thinking of moving Cousins (which would be the primary reason why Judd would leave, since he hates the drugs)

On the other side of the coin, if he were to come back to Vic, now or after making a mill or 2, I'm finding it hard to think he;d like to be anywhere but Melbourne (And no not cause I'm a Melbourne supporter). If he's intent on winning, he'd stay in Perth, so itd have to be a different reason, and what better than using your incredible talents to lift your childhood supported club to their first premiership in 45+ years? (Yes I said 45, even though it's only 43 now, I'm being realistic). Other teams could probably offer him more money, but not more than the Eagles, and I don;t see there being anything else drawing him anywhere else...right now

Judd will probably end up at Collignwood for a chance to win. Hawthorn does not need him and won't be giving up our young crop for a wounded star....

Yes has been confirmed that Judd has notified the Eagles of his intention to head east....well one of them was alwyas going to go in my opinion, personally even with a dislike for the Eagles...i wouldve preferred it be Cousins, being shown the door, rather then Judd opening and walking...

As basketoz74 said, he is now officially leaving:

LESS than 48 hours after crashing out of the AFL finals series in straight sets, West Coast has received a hammer blow, with the news that skipper Chris Judd is leaving the club to return to Melbourne.

The club confirmed the news on Sunday afternoon in Perth, saying Judd met with coach John Worsfold and informed him of his intention to return to Melbourne to live closer to his family.

In a statement, the club said it was “extremely disappointed with the decision”.

Judd's manager Paul Connors said Judd was yet to meet with any clubs in Melbourne at this stage.

Judd, 24, was taken by the Eagles at pick three in the 2001 NAB AFL Draft, and has been a standout ever since.

In addition to his 2006 premiership medallion, the 23-year-old has a 2005 Norm Smith Medal, two club champion awards, an AFL Players Association MVP award and has captained West Coast since 2006.

He has been plagued by a groin problem since the middle of 2007, which has meant he's missed four games and requires post season surgery.

A media conference with Eagles chief executive officer Trevor Nisbett and Worsfold will take place on Monday.

Well one must wonder what his worth is....i mean no disputing he is a champion player, and i would love him at Collingwood...but at what price?

Do you mortgage the farm to get a shot at him.....How bad is that groin....Will it plague him long term....Do you give up a decent core of young talent?

All questions which i think while will be answered...will raise some interesting questions in the meantime.

I heard a few months back, that Lord Ed had obtained employment for Mrs Judd at Channel 9 in Melbourne, i dont know if that was fact or not....but i (Collingwood) would still be hesitant to part with a core of young brigade that Mick has obviously moulded well to this point.

The only issue i see in the Carlton scenario, obviously it is a case of seeking immediate success or heading to a winning team for Carlton holds neither of those as key attractions in my opinion.

Thats not to say that any other team is a better or more attractive option, but my gut feeling is that a multi-team trade involving potentially the return home to Perth of Van Berlo maybe a possibility, who was mentioned in the rumours involving Pavlich possibly heading back to Adelaide a few months back.

I think he will go to Hawthorn. Why else did Judd say that Campbell Brown didnt touch his eyes. Id like him at the Kangas for sure.

Well one must wonder what his worth is....i mean no disputing he is a champion player, and i would love him at Collingwood...but at what price?

Do you mortgage the farm to get a shot at him.....How bad is that groin....Will it plague him long term....Do you give up a decent core of young talent?

All questions which i think while will be answered...will raise some interesting questions in the meantime.

I heard a few months back, that Lord Ed had obtained employment for Mrs Judd at Channel 9 in Melbourne, i dont know if that was fact or not....but i (Collingwood) would still be hesitant to part with a core of young brigade that Mick has obviously moulded well to this point.

It's not like we're talking about an OLD star here. He's 24, he's still the young crop/core, reaching his prime now.

Few nasty rumours going around that WC new Judd was always leaving at the end of this year, hence why the coaching staff played him in the last few games of the season knowing he was pretty hurt so that they'd be shipping off damaged goods anyway. I always thought it was weird that he was playing, they should have shelved him for the last 6 weeks and then he woulda been right for the finals and WC coulda gone a lot further in September.

We'll trade Judd & Rowan Jones in a package deal for nothing! :D

Back
Top Bottom