Whats some good TV shows to watch?

The Mandalorian - 8.5/10

As Matt mentioned above, very short episodes but I enjoyed the hell out of this show. Finale was on point.
And can't review this without mention Baby Yoda :D Cute as hell and a great counter point for the action of the show.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/
Mr Robot - 8.5 - 9/10

Granted this show will not be everybody's cup of tea, computer hacking nerds playing Robin Hood.
4 Seasons of this show have been great viewing with some damn fine acting.
Storyline was a winner ... up until the finale, once again as so many great shows do WTF????
It is up there with the finale of Dexter in WTF moments.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/

The Mandalorian - 8.5/10

As Matt mentioned above, very short episodes but I enjoyed the hell out of this show. Finale was on point.
And can't review this without mention Baby Yoda :D Cute as hell and a great counter point for the action of the show.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/
i couldnt get into this. kinda boring, no real plot or character development until 5 or 6 episodes in and it feels like its going with a (mainly) episodic style, which im not a fan of.
the independent stories are also pretty predictable and the characters are constantly making stoopid/weird decisions.
i didnt hate it (like the sequels), but i definitely dont get what all the fuss is about. i guess after 'the rise of skywalker' anything looks good.

been a while since i posted in here. cant remember everything ive seen, but heres a bunch:

'for all mankind' - its alright. how the world wouldve gone if the russians got to the moon first.
'see' - post apocalyptic world where humans are blind. not bad. and its got aquaman in it.
'GLOW' - new season and still as good as the last 2. great show.
'living with yourself' - paul rudd gets cloned. i liked it.
'black monday' - very funny. about the stock market crash in the 80s...sort of.
'the morning show' - had a look because of steve carell, but it was just too annoying. if they wanted me to sympathize with #metoo, they did a horrible job.
'evil' - has its moments, but theres also alot of dodgy scenes. not a bad TV horror/thriller tho.
'godfather of harlem' - i liked it. cool gangster story. bring on season 2.
'wu-tang...' - not a huge fan, but a show with an ODB character in it will always get me watching.
'unbelievable' - this couldve been good if it wasnt taken over with feminazi clap-trap. we get it. girls are better than boys at everything.
'the righteous gemstones' - typical danny mcbride show. if you like the others, youll like this.
'the mandalorian' - see post above.

Last edited:
medical police - based off the 'childrens hospital' web series. if you like 'police squad' or 'angie tribeca', this is right up your alley. very funny stuff.

a few more ive seen over the last few weeks:
god friended me - recommended to me by a theist friend, who told me it wasnt as preachy as the title suggests. he was wrong. its insulting to atheists and people with a basic knowledge of programming. terrible acting, ridiculous storylines and an overall disrespect for logical/critical thinking.
hunters - respect to survivors and all, but this just seemed like propaganda. the truth is evil enough, so inventing sh!t to make it seem even more horrific just came across as disrespectful. not a great story either...but it did have a cool ending/cliffhanger.
dispatches from elsewhere - some loser gets chosen to be someone special. its weird. will give it a couple more episodes, but at this point it doesnt look good.
avenue 5 - kinda funny story about a spaceship hotel gone off course. feels like it could get better.
mystic quest - pretty funny show about the development team behind a fictional MMORPG. no gaming experience required to enjoy.
stumptown - run of the mill adventure/mystery show. not bad, but nothing special. its got the hot chick from HIMYM and the funny dude from new girl, which is why i started watching.

god friended me - recommended to me by a theist friend, who told me it wasnt as preachy as the title suggests. he was wrong. its insulting to atheists and people with a basic knowledge of programming. terrible acting, ridiculous storylines and an overall disrespect for logical/critical thinking.
hunters - respect to survivors and all, but this just seemed like propaganda. the truth is evil enough, so inventing sh!t to make it seem even more horrific just came across as disrespectful. not a great story either...but it did have a cool ending/cliffhanger.
dispatches from elsewhere - some loser gets chosen to be someone special. its weird. will give it a couple more episodes, but at this point it doesnt look good.
avenue 5 - kinda funny story about a spaceship hotel gone off course. feels like it could get better.
mystic quest - pretty funny show about the development team behind a fictional MMORPG. no gaming experience required to enjoy.
stumptown - run of the mill adventure/mystery show. not bad, but nothing special. its got the hot chick from HIMYM and the funny dude from new girl, which is why i started watching.
2 episodes down on Hunters myself and find it hard going at best, will persevere with it.

Been years since going back it this show -- starting from the pilot episode I have commenced the marathon of "THE SHIELD" 7 seasons of one of the best cop series ever produced. Fantastic plots of constant twist and turns, great writing and acting. * just try watching the heart breaking/brilliant down fall of life/family of Walton goggins (shane vendrell) in the final season..
criminally underated show, deserves so much more respect.. love it 9/10

Been years since going back it this show -- starting from the pilot episode I have commenced the marathon of "THE SHIELD" 7 seasons of one of the best cop series ever produced. Fantastic plots of constant twist and turns, great writing and acting. * just try watching the heart breaking/brilliant down fall of life/family of Walton goggins (shane vendrell) in the final season..
Top 3 for me 🤙🏼

Brilliant show. Due to go back through and rewatch soon myself!

i dont get all the hype over the ozark. i mean, its a good show and im still watching, but people are going nuts over it. kinda middle of the road for me...
started watching 'DAVE'. starring lil dicky. pretty funny and some nice rhymes thrown in aswell.
better call saul is FINALLY getting interesting. only took 5 seasons...
watched 'the english game' all about the origins of football (soccer) becoming a professional sport and the first non-gentleman team to lift the FA cup circa 1880.

im dreading the 2021 schedule. nothing will have been made!

Last edited:
i dont get all the hype over the ozark. i mean, its a good show and im still watching, but people are going nuts over it. kinda middle of the road for me...
started watching 'DAVE'. starring lil dicky. pretty funny and some nice rhymes thrown in aswell.
better call saul is FINALLY getting interesting. only took 5 seasons...
watched 'the english game' all about the origins of football (soccer) becoming a professional sport and the first non-gentleman team to lift the FA cup circa 1880.

im dreading the 2021 schedule. nothing will have been made!

I agree on Ozark. Really good show but not Game of a Thrones level. It’s prob at same level as Animal Kingdom for me.

I quit on Better Call Saul after season 2 (?) cause I didn’t think it would get interesting enough before it overlapped with Breaking Bad timeline! Does this mean I might get a binge watch???

I actually am really liking God Friended Me. I'm assuming ratings have dropped as it now airs at about 11pm but I record it because I enjoy it. And it helps Violett Beane is an absolute babe. Good Doctor is another one i like watching. I've been randomly recording episodes of Criminal Minds, really liking that too, but i should probably start at the beginning instead of watching them all over the place. Can anyone recommend any crime type shows that doesn't contain too much violence or gore? I like them but my wife doesn't and would be nice to watch something together. Something along the same lines as The Mentalist and House perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom