Whats some good TV shows to watch?

I actually am really liking God Friended Me.
each to their own. it was a double let down for me, since my friend told me it wasnt really 'god' themed. then the 'atheist' who was just annoying. its like the show built a straw-man for atheism and made him the lead character...

EDIT: i dont really watch episodic procedurals like criminal minds and law & order etc, but some great crime shows i recommend:
the wire.
true detective - season 1 & 3.
fargo.
manhunt.

i dont really remember much gore in them (except maybe a few scenes from fargo), but i could be wrong/desensitized.

Last edited:
I agree on Ozark. Really good show but not Game of a Thrones level. It’s prob at same level as Animal Kingdom for me.

I quit on Better Call Saul after season 2 (?) cause I didn’t think it would get interesting enough before it overlapped with Breaking Bad timeline! Does this mean I might get a binge watch???
it think its still a loooong way from overlapping with BB. but jimmy is finally turning into the man we come to know and frings/mike's storyline is ramping up aswell.
im sure you could start watching from this season and not really be lost at all...

Caught up on The Walking Dead Season 10 yesterday..........my god what a shit show that devolved into. Can't believe I stuck with it so long, I think I might have made season 6 or 7?

Have any one checked out on Netflix #BLACKAF
only just started, but not to bad so far. light and witty humour and easy to watch

afterlife (season 2). standard ricky fare. half comedy half trying to get you to cry a river. not bad, but kinda cheesy ending.
plot against america. alternate history where the US team up with hitler and start to implement his ideas in america. its alright, but feels like pandering.
the outsider. i didnt read the synopsis properly and thought it was a regular crime/mystery. two episodes in i figure out its based on a stephen king book...its what youd expect from a stephen king demon story.
quiz. a look at both sides of the controversy from when that dude won 'who wants to be a millionaire', but they thought he cheated *cough*cough*
the adventures of brisco county jr. finally found a place to watch these. mid 90s TV show made by the same people that did hercules and xena. has the same feel except its much better and is based in the 'wild' west. stars bruce campbell. western, comedy, sci-fi. a real unique show.
tacoma FD. a 'broken lizard' project, about a group of firefighters. so if you like their movies you might be into this. only two of them are involved tho.
american dad (season 17). its back and holding up compared to family guy. FG stopped being funny a decade ago, but this show is still sticking with a solid format not relying on cheap/unfunny jokes.
amazing stories. anthology type show of stephen king stories. its really bad. i cant imagine king actually wrote any of these.

Last edited:
Thankyou for recommending 'Derek'.Wonderfull series.
im assuming youve seen 'extras'?
and if you like ricky, maybe check out his XFM radio show days. he was co-host with stephen merchant and karl pilkington. most of them are on youtube...very funny stuff.

Is extras the 1 hour special,if so yes.Enjoyed the whole series.Thanks again for recommending it.
no, 'extras' is the TV show ricky gervais did after 'the office'. its about extras on movie sets. its really good. special guests playing 'themselves' include: johnny depp, patrick stewart, ben stiller, orlando bloom, kate winslett, harry potter, samuel l...theres a new one every episode.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445114/

SUNDERLAND-"TILL I DIE" -- disclaimer: (Im not a fan of soccer in the slightest). But found this 2 seasons behind the scenes doco on Netflix and smashed it out. The series takes you through all the issues that goes into a season of a professional sport organisation club financials /contracts /fans /trading players /losing players and the ups and downs/win loss of a season. The passion of the sunderland fans is what hits you from the start. I wish someone would do a doco just like this one focusing on a AFL team..
enjoy soccer or not, a great show to binge. fantastic and very well made.. 8/10

4 episodes into Zero Zero Zero (SBS is releasing the episodes 'old school' one week at a time) but available for free on demand. It is a gritty, edgy drama covering a massive drug transaction from the perspective of the buyers (the Calabrian Mafia), the sellers (Mexican Cartel) and the brokers (New Orleans family). It is next level. Trending at 9/10 subject to the last 4 eps maintaining the same quality.

Back
Top Bottom