What is your holy grail of Rugby League cards?

For me it would be the 2001 Brett Hodgson FF w/ redemption as I have required it for ages to complete the set and have not come by it for along time. apart from that it would have to be the 2000 Gasnier

Im with you on that FF - im not sure why that card is so hard to come by...........

Set of Canberra Raiders Buttercup cards for me. I think they're 88 or 89. I have the Meninga.

They went up for auction on eBay around 2006. Players you'd never heard of were going for the mid 100s, with Meninga, Daley etc going for up to $500. Could post a scan of the Meninga some time if anyone is interested.

Id like to see that card for sure mate :) are they a blue card???

As the Wests Tigers formed in 2000 it made it easier for me to use that as a cut off point for my PC.

As such, the holy grail would be the most expensive cards that i haven't acquired yet in the past 10 years of releases. Likely the 2004 and 2009 Captain Sigs.

The 2001 Hodgo was an Eels card.

If anyone has one to offload please please please send me a PM!

---------- Post added 19-08-2011 at 09:56 AM ----------

I will add to the list my 1986 Mint Scanlens set.

Took me about 6-7 years and a tremendous amount of patience to find one in the condition i wanted.

My holy grail favourate in my collection got to be 1990 Fielders Green Stickers un-peeled 34 single stickers with 6 printed on the poster to make it a 40 sticker set with the original Poster very hard or impossible to find these days !!!
These stickers were in the a loaf of bread back then 1 sticker per pack so to collect the whole set would cost you a fortune these days you can pick them up around the $10 mark each if you can find them !
Ill put up a pfoto soon on the poster for all to see !

The way i take holy grail is something you want but dont have so mine would have to be either an unopened Ardmona box set (my bidding has failed twice on these) or 1976 Straight Talk Tyre People - Roger Millward

:whistle: :whistle:

The way i take holy grail is something you want but dont have so mine would have to be either an unopened Ardmona box set (my bidding has failed twice on these) or 1976 Straight Talk Tyre People - Roger Millward

ardmona 001.jpg

If it's something I don't have then mine is the 06 Buderus signature tazo, and the 1989 and 1993 Buttercup Knights sets.

A Thurston Captain Classic Sig 2009.. I got one last year.. Ask to be sent registered.. Was sent.. In plain white envelope.. :mad: In raining season.. :mad: End of story.. :mad: And end of card........ I actually cried.. I was Sssoooooooo close!!! :(

Back
Top Bottom