What is your holy grail of Rugby League cards?

tak35bne

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
tack35
COMC User
tak35bne
Thought I would canvas and see what it is that everyone considers their 'holy grail' of Rugby League cards, for me it is four particular cards, they are:

2002 Darren Lockyer All Star Signature
2003 XL Darren Lockyer Jersey Signature
2004 Authentic Gordon Tallis Captain Signature
2007 Darren Lockyer Signature Tazo
2009 Classic Darren Lockyer Captain Signature

I am happy to say I now have three of those, hopefully one day I will get the 2004 Captain Signature.......:)

Andrew Johns 2004 Captain Signature

I know there is always a few on eBay, but I just can't justify that sort of money at the moment.

I'll own it one day. Just need the mrs healthy and back at work lol.

Set of Canberra Raiders Buttercup cards for me. I think they're 88 or 89. I have the Meninga.

They went up for auction on eBay around 2006. Players you'd never heard of were going for the mid 100s, with Meninga, Daley etc going for up to $500. Could post a scan of the Meninga some time if anyone is interested.

for me........
2004 Captains Signature Nathan Cayless
2007 Invincibles Signature Nathan Hindmarsh
2003 Ray Price Legends signature
1963 Ken Thornett Card

interesting to see a few of 2004 captains sigs being mentioned :thumbsup:

Unopened boxes of 1980-1982 & 1986-1991 NRL cards and unopened boxes of 1983-85 Scanlens stickers.

Not asking much. LOL!

I have the cards 1987 on, but would love to just sit and bust those boxes, chew the gum, dust off the flour and make up mint sets.

I know someone that recently tracked down quite a number of unopened 1992 Regina boxes. When she went to pick them up the old guy triumphantly told he had opened them all and sorted them into sets for her.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know someone that recently tracked down quite a number of unopened 1992 Regina boxes. When she went to pick them up the old guy triumphantly told he had opened them all and sorted them into sets for her.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I was in contact with someone last year that reckoned they had 40 boxes of 1992 but couldn't get any off him

---------- Post added 17-08-2011 at 08:46 PM ----------

My holy grails would be 1963, 1964, 1970 Scanlens sets. I'm half way through 1970 and yet to add a 63 or 64 single

Was he down near Wagga?
No he wasn't

---------- Post added 17-08-2011 at 09:01 PM ----------

Unopened boxes = totally pointless. Especially ones like 1992 with chewing gum inside - because the card will get more and more munted as time goes on.
I disagree. Those Regina cards were made in NZ. The same factory made "The Garbage Gang" cards which I have dozens of unopened boxes from 1988-90. ALL cards come out schmick!

No he wasn't

---------- Post added 17-08-2011 at 09:01 PM ----------

I disagree. Those Regina cards were made in NZ. The same factory made "The Garbage Gang" cards which I have dozens of unopened boxes from 1988-90. ALL cards come out schmick!

I must say the best fun i have ever had busting boxes was a 1994 masters set. I find knowing your not getting anything of value makes it so much more enjoyable (rather than buying a select box and having big expectations only to pull nothing).

It would definitely have to be an unopened pack of 1974 Scanlens,or for that matter,any 1970's unopened Scanlens pack.

For me it would be the 2001 Brett Hodgson FF w/ redemption as I have required it for ages to complete the set and have not come by it for along time. apart from that it would have to be the 2000 Gasnier

Back
Top Bottom