What is a deal and when can you leave feedback ?

graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Hi guys

A little minsunderstanding recently where one member posted a Submit Sale & Trade Agreements thread as they thought they had worked out a deal. The other person didnt respond to the thread, and when it didnt work out then negative feedback was left.

For a trade to be a trade, both parties must AGREE to the deal in writing in the thread. If one party does not reply, it is the person who posted the deals responsibility to chase it up.

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9345 point 2

All trades must be agreed to by both parties by posting in the Submit Sale & Trade Agreements forum. Any trade/deal thread that is not agreed to by both parties is not a valid trade, and feedback cannot be exchanged in this instance. Only after both parties agree can feedback be exchanged. Any feedback given where both parties do not agree will be removed.

Please keep this in mind for future.

But how about the other party agreed in sales and agreement thread and never left/returned feedback?? but as a buyer, i left feedback upon receiving the cards, and also as a seller, i left feedback upon receiving the money..(which i no longer practice until the buyer leaves me feedback first because of those situations)...

I had both scenarios and I could have done nothing after completion of my positives feedbacks?

can you please elaborate about those circumstances???

Linn, this place is not like ebay, there's no need to stress about people leaving you bad feedback after you've already left them feedback.

I agree that ALL deals should have feedback, regarding of outcome, afterall, without feedback, we'd have nothing to reassure us with.

Is there any way you could introduce a "reminder" system, where if someone fails to leave feedback from a deal, the other party can remind them, but in a more formal way (instead of a PM) where the Admin might be CC'd on it too?

LOL pm already sent about this but good work G....

Both recieving negs for a deal that never took place or was wanted is a little stupid in my books as they reflect the deal that never took place according to either party or the site LOL I would call it a mulligan.

Scotty,

thanks for your reply. yes, i agree this place is not like an ebay.. but i was considering mutual agreement on this site and after I honoured the agreement, there's nothing I can do.. my question is, is there any way to improve because members who obey rules and guidelines here are the ones who will be ignored or advantaged..

But once we make rules, there will be weak points and gaps because we have rules.. let's say.. someone's selling a card.. MJ auto price at $300, i would say, i will take it..reply in his sales thread.. then, PM the seller to write an agreement, but i never reply in sales agreement, that's where you can take advantage of the situation, because i replied in sales section which is not really binded on agreement thread? then, i can let the seller hang out to dry..
and if the seller got pissed and sold to another, i can reply on sales thread, "will make a payment tomorrow, agreed".. then, who will be getting a neg in others point of view..??

I am not stressed at all and I have never even reported a person not leaving me feedback to admin once.. coz I know admins/everyone else have real life outside and I will not even bother these little things.. I believe in good will.. :D

:)

Linn, this place is not like ebay, there's no need to stress about people leaving you bad feedback after you've already left them feedback.

I agree that ALL deals should have feedback, regarding of outcome, afterall, without feedback, we'd have nothing to reassure us with.

I am the member who left the original negative and I believe this is a different case.

But oh well, I'll go with whatever admin says.

But once we make rules, there will be weak points and gaps because we have rules.. let's say.. someone's selling a card.. MJ auto price at $300, i would say, i will take it..reply in his sales thread.. then, PM the seller to write an agreement, but i never reply in sales agreement, that's where you can take advantage of the situation, because i replied in sales section which is not really binded on agreement thread? then, i can let the seller hang out to dry..
and if the seller got pissed and sold to another, i can reply on sales thread, "will make a payment tomorrow, agreed".. then, who will be getting a neg in others point of view..??

If a deal goes down, the seller should not send the card until both parties have posted in the forum. If the person agrees via PM, then the seller should say "please post in the Submit Trades thread i've just made so we can make the deal formal. Once that is done I can send the card."

If the person doesn't want to post in the thread or doesn't complete the deal in a reasonable time frame, then the seller can then reneg their part of the deal (as long as the other person hasn't agreed to it) with a simple post saying "Buyer has taken excessive time and not paid, I am selling this card to another person". As long as you've taken all steps to complete the original deal and it just isn't going to happen and a reasonable amount of time has passed. The seller can't do this 24 hours after their posted the first message as as get out of jail card on a deal. It can only be used in genuine situations where the deal looks like falling through.

Really, there are ways of getting around everything, but if members aren't following common courtesy when completing deals then we need to know about it.

I am not stressed at all and I have never even reported a person not leaving me feedback to admin once.. coz I know admins/everyone else have real life outside and I will not even bother these little things.. I believe in good will..

So you need to notify us - we can't always act within nanoseconds but we can chase the people up and get them to leave you feedback. Thing about this place, we want to make it the most enjoyable place to deal and trade cards. If you aren't getting feedback, let us know about it. We can't do anything if you don't tell us.

Graham,

thank you very much for your clarifications..

I like this place and I enjoy trading/buying/selling here.. majority of the population here is very nice, I just feel like I don't want to give you guys too much burden coz you guys are doing this for hobby..

anyway, I appreciate your reply and hope to improve this community better..

Have a good one. :)

Back
Top Bottom