What does select do in the way of Cricket cards ???

edd1e66

St Kilda Saints 2010
Real Name
Edward
Looking to start collecting this summer from this summers series, but wanted to get some background information on what select does with cricket cards.

Do you want to know about last series mate.The base set was crap. Here are some pics.

From left to right: (TOP) Base cards, Left: Ponting AB Medal Sketch, State Sigs, Past heroes

Not all of them but just an idea

2008 Cricket BMS5_resize.jpg

2008 Cricket S12_resize.jpg

2008 Cricket PH20_resize.jpg

!BTbygzQ!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiQEjlLmZ!24BKIdn2rMw!~~_1.jpg

Cmon all we should be encouraging more people into collecting cricket...

what do select do in the way of cricket cards? Well I am glad you asked!

esaint the 08/09 select series was a highly underrated set. Due to its great innovation its a set that will only appreciate in time as collector's come to realise the true investment potential of this little gem... ;)

And who knows, we may even be lucky enough next season that they scrap the cards all together, and give us a sticker book and tiny little stickers to collect... :)

Seriously though, if I was a kiwi and wanting to start a cricket card collection, I would probably buy this first! Have come close to buying it myself a few times, but then something else always pops up :v:

1995 New Zealand Topps card set 90/90 CHAPPELL UNDERARM - eBay Full Sets, Trading Cards, Cricket, Sport. (end time 08-Jun-09 10:14:41 AEST)

well 2007-08 and 2008-09 had crappy looking base cards, poor inserts, and they havent nailed sigs on the head. But with some thought from people like us, 2009-10 will be better.

A box of 2008-09 is good if you after a sig, base set and 1:box card.

I hope you are right Tim:) The email Dan got back from them was a little disappointing considering the effort that was put into it... I hope this rumoured 2010 international Futera cricket release happens as well, abit of competition is a good thing!

The select set from 97 has a significant NZ Presence! Back in the days when internation teams were more important than 20/20 kentucky duck big boosh!
Remember Tim that one in every 2 boxes of the 2003/4 has a next to worthless sig!

i got told select cricket cards come out 2moro, not sure if it is right tho

More sketch cards and another lame redemption methinks...

Gee i hope not!!

Actually spoke to Di from select today, and asked her when they are due out, saying they are still about a month out and printing should be finished by end of month...

WHAT!!!!! you guys aren't looking forward to sketch cards and super dooper redemption cards that end up being worth less the a factory sealed box (border set)???

Back
Top Bottom