What do you think of the Bunker Keep or Get rid of?

What do you think of the Bunker Stay or Go?

• Keep Bunker

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Get Rid Of bunker

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Jaede

EEL 4 Life
Real Name
Jaede
If Stay what do you think they should be able to rule on?

Me personally I haven't seen any new benefits compared to the video ref style that was used before, to me the bunker now take twice as long to make a decision and still get wrong. For me it should be used for the match review committee for players that are charged in determining grade of punishment, aslo part of me still wants them to be able to determine try or not but nothing else. The on-field refs need to take back more control as they have become to reliant on the bunker and not do their job. i also don't get how the bunker can rule onoffside and not a forward pass to me they either don't rule on both (more preferred as thats the touch judges responsibility) or be able to make decison on both, doesnt make sense why ones ok and the other isn't

Last edited:
I like how you can here them discuss inside the bunker, but dislike how it takes away all the suspense. Back in the video ref days, they would do that stupid harvey norman spin around thingy and it made the decision more interesting rather than "we have a decision, we are going to the board"

The bunker is here to stay is the obvious answer.

I think it will improve the consistency, I know we are not necessarily seeing this now but I think in time it will improve. I don't think they should be allowed to rule on decisions during the run of play, this should stop the sickening lying down of players hoping for a penalty.

So they are allowed to rule; try / no try and during stoppages be able to rule on the restart i.e. who's scrum or line drop out.

Ross

Refs should have a flag like NFL. If they think there was an indiscretion, that's the only thing for review.

This: I have a try, check grounding, knock on, sneeze, block, and the birth video of defender #6 just to check...blah blah.

If you rule try, and you have concern on grounding...that is all that is checked.

I also think the kick for touch should go. Each indiscretion has a set amount of metres penalty. Hand on the ball, strip...10 m. Advance 10m, restart set of 6. That way teams won't be benefited with calls inside their own 20m defensive end with a kick down field. Just march up 10m and go.

The bunker is, in theory, a great system. I believe that where they are failing has more to do with the parameters they are setting for themselves. The criteria should not be defined as specifically as it is because there needs to be some flexibility in decision making.

They should throw out the on-field ref's "I have a try/no try" BS. If they don't have enough to make a decision then let the Bunker ref decide without all this conclusive evidence crap, because it can never be that simple.

They scrapped the "benefit of the doubt" rubbish, which was a big step forward, only to bring in this current system. So they continue to look foolish by restricting the officials' ability to be flexible.

Same applies to the obstruction rules, and the refusal to make decisions on forward passes, and the grounding criteria, and rulings on high tackles, and use of the sin bin, and so on and so forth.

I just don't think it's needs to be so difficult to make correct decisions.

I actually like the idea of conclusive evidence as it helps with being consistent, getting rid of it opens them up to more ridicule because you will end up having more inconsistent decisions and people asking why one game it was awrded and the other game it isn't because you are involving their opinion as opposed to ruling only and what they can see.

I actually like the idea of conclusive evidence as it helps with being consistent, getting rid of it opens them up to more ridicule because you will end up having more inconsistent decisions and people asking why one game it was awrded and the other game it isn't because you are involving their opinion as opposed to ruling only and what they can see.
Problem is that there seems to be wildly fluctuating opinions as to what is conclusive and what isn't. When everyone watching the big screen or TV can see something conclusive and the video ref's see something completely different then we have problems. Consistency is still the big issue.

Actually the bunker fuckin' sucks even bigger balls after that today !!!!

I like the bunker because it keeps the video refs away from home ground pressure with their decisions. When the video refs were at the ground, the close decisions always went the way of the home team. Unless you are Brisbane in which case every decision goes your way no matter where the game is held. Least penalised team in the comp nearly every year since they joined the NRL.

Back
Top Bottom