Weekend Low End Box Breaking

Wellsie

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jeremy
eBay User
Wellsie21
As an NRL collector I've often looked at Panini and thought f**k me how many ways can one company milk the NBA cash cow!
How many sets can people be bothered collecting but after being on here for a year or 3 and watching with interest from afar I've seen the logic behind sticking with player or team based PC's and when Steven Adams joined the NBA I thought I might dabble my toes back in the water again.
The last Basketball I collected before jumping on the Adams bandwagon was 1997 Fleer Metal so over the last year or so buying into box breaks I've gotten a bit of a feel for current NBA products so when I decided it was time to buy some non-sports out of DA Card World for the missus and myself I couldn't resist buying a few low end NBA boxes as well, thanks to the Memorial Day sale and the prices being pretty cheap.
Thought I'd throw the scan results up from the following boxes I got
2 x 13/14 Panini Basketball
1 x 13/14 Panini Crusade
1 x 13/14 Panini Prestige
1 x 13/14 Timeless Treasures
1 x 13/14 Totally Certified

First of all the silly questions... cardboard connection lists these cards as inserts in their checklists but given how frequent they pop up I'm assuming they are almost nil value?
img013.jpg img014.jpg

These are the main hits I guess, all are available however value I have no idea on so if your chasing anything feel free to make an offer.
img008.jpg img009.jpg img010.jpg img011.jpg img012.jpg

img013.jpg

img014.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

img010.jpg

img011.jpg

img012.jpg

KG 1/1 indeed... Black Parallel... My first ever 1/1 so whilst not a premium release 1/1 still cool to pull one of a player I started PC'ing in his Rookie year before giving up on all NBA cards :)
As far as I can tell Dirk is unnumbered mate

It's a bit of a ballpark thank you very much :)
As I think Matt mentioned in the other post I had up, it is a low end product however still definitely a decent 1/1!
I think I may have created a monster however...
Won a 13/14 Crusade and 13/14 Timeless Treasure in Facebook Auctions over the weekend and just placed another order with DA for a 13/14 Prizm, 13/14 Gold Standard, 3 x 13/14 Crusade's and a 14/15 Prizm....
Something tells me this isn't going to help the amount of $$ I have to spend on NRL cards :p

It's a bit of a ballpark thank you very much :)
As I think Matt mentioned in the other post I had up, it is a low end product however still definitely a decent 1/1!
I think I may have created a monster however...
Won a 13/14 Crusade and 13/14 Timeless Treasure in Facebook Auctions over the weekend and just placed another order with DA for a 13/14 Prizm, 13/14 Gold Standard, 3 x 13/14 Crusade's and a 14/15 Prizm....
Something tells me this isn't going to help the amount of $$ I have to spend on NRL cards :p

Haha thats awesome mate, yeah once you get the bug its hard to stop.

Haha thats awesome mate, yeah once you get the bug its hard to stop.

Your so right there! Especially when you watch box breaks of stuff on youtube and see some epic hits get pulled. Obviously not out of the low end stuff I'm buying but still there's some cool designs out there!

Courier just dropped off 2 x 12/13 Panini Prestige Blaster Boxes I brought on ebay the other night!
Should have researched these before buying as I now know these small boxes aren't all that great, especially on these low end releases but hey it's a bit more to bust :)
Brb with hits shortly :)

Those blasters are cheap and cheerful especially if you are putting sets together. Fun to bust but low chances of auto or mem cards, great as fillers, lots of cards for not much $$

The fact you even got a mem card of any sort plus a couple of Kobe inserts albeit probably not worth much is a winner in itself! Now just imagine if that mem card was a kyrie or bron or kobe you woulda been way in front, all in the hands of the mojo gods!

Back
Top Bottom