War against Sticky Tape on top Loaders!!!!!

Do you support the ban of Sticky tape on top loaders?

• Total voters
I just think it is common courtesy that is all, something that is lacking today unfortunately. It is not about the cost of the top loader, but about the experience. Buying cards from me is liking shopping at the Apple store, presented nicely, expensive :), shopping from you is like shopping at Vinnies?

Since apple products are shit are you saying you sell expensive but sell shit cards?

And to make an assumption and compare me to vinnies is harsh but that just means i have good prices so it goes hand in hand

Theres no point trying to get a point across you insist on wasting paper on protecting a top loader when clearly by the poll people dont care how its protected aslong as there cards aint damaged

Since apple products are s*** are you saying you sell expensive but sell s*** cards?

How dare you tell the millions of people in the world that Apple Products are overpriced pieces of S*&^ (I agree). But there are still 35 people that are with me and we are the winds of change, join the revolution or get of the bus :p

ps: was directly meaning anything by the vinnies comments, was just an example

LMAO well own up who did it?

I got a package today in the mail, you know the type, padded bag, which to me means some cards that I am waiting on turned up. I grabbed it out of the letter box ran inside and ripped it open only to find:

20130514155151.jpg

Some of the rattiest, scratched, most disgusting top loaders I have ever come across, some are even taped together. LOL, after I finished laughing I turned over the envelope to find no name, made me laugh even more...

Own up mongrels who went to this effort, it made my day????? A bag full of taped top loaders gold!!!!!! :)

It is simple keep the top loaders clean from tape and other residue to protect your purchased cards and the ones you are selling. They cost any where from 25 to 40 cents each new delivered. Invest in 2 cent team bags and tape them up when finished with throw away team bag in the bin you only loose 2 to 5 cents. Now that,s not brain surgery.

I have had a couple of cards sent to me with masking tape. The tape has come off leaving no sticky residue.

Another option is to wrap the top loader with a bit of glad wrap stopping the card from coming out and giving another layer of protection against water.

Haha classic. I especially like the Yellowed 1990 special under the Rookie Card one. That thing would shatter into 1000 pieces just picking it up :lol:

You're definitely a deserved new owner of such beautiful peices of hobby history :p

I got a package today in the mail, you know the type, padded bag, which to me means some cards that I am waiting on turned up. I grabbed it out of the letter box ran inside and ripped it open only to find:

20130514155151.jpg

Some of the rattiest, scratched, most disgusting top loaders I have ever come across, some are even taped together. LOL, after I finished laughing I turned over the envelope to find no name, made me laugh even more...

Own up mongrels who went to this effort, it made my day????? A bag full of taped top loaders gold!!!!!! :)

A happy compromise is blue painters tape! Thought I'd throw that in!! This will be like whacking a bee hive with a stick!! :woot:
It comes off easily, it doesn't "ruin" toploaders and best of all, stands out like the proverbial canines nuggets so henceforth you can find where to start peeling the shite off! The start/finish of clear tape is my nemesis!
To quote my favourite villain - Bricktop from Snatch "Do you know what nemesis means?" :offtopic:
Just for the potential folk who keep a very swift lateral thinking brain between their bum cheeks - No, the red or green painters tape is not acceptable!

That

20130514155151.jpg

OK, that is bloody hilarious!

I'm with you on the sticky tape, man. Any top loaders that arrive at my door with tape go straight into the bin. (Of course, I take the card out first!)

Am I the only person who is/was annoyed by the 'Rookie Card' Top Loaders? If one knew what they were doing in this hobby, they wouldn't need to be reminded by the top-loader that it is the players rookie card!

Mini-Rant over. :)

Beef

I sometimes receive abused top loader in shipment but it doesn't bothered me. I can reuse top loader and put sticker tape on over again to ship it to next buyer. So I am happy to get use to it. I can put all nice cards in another top loader or in folder anyway. They are cheap to buy. lol

Back
Top Bottom