Want to collect UFC - Where to start?

Wellsey

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Wellsey
As per title, where does one start? There seems to be a lot of different series to pick from. Couple of q's are -

1) What's a hobby box?
2) What's a "hit"?
3) What's the difference in boxes like "Title Shot" and "Moment of Truth"?

So confusing!

First of all mate, nice to see a potential UFC collector on the forum.

In answer to your questions:

1 - A hobby box usually has a certain number of hits per box, and are better value that retail boxes, which might only have 1 hit per box. Whereas a hobby box could have 4-6, depending on the product of course.

2 - A "hit" would be classified as anything other than base/inserts etc. With UFC cards, these would include autograph cards, mat relics, fighter gear relics etc.

3 - All depends on what you buy mate. They are all different in their layout, card designs and hit ratios. For example, Title Shot had 4 hits per box, whereas Moment Of Truth only has 3. The current high-end product for UFC cards is Knockout, which 1 series has already been released early last year. The next series of Knockout will be coming out near the end of February at this stage.

I hope my explanations have helped you out. If you would like to look at any of the UFC series, I have a link to my UFC bucket below in my signature.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey mate, thanks for the info.

Yep massive UFC (and MMA in general) fan, along with being fairly OCD about things means I should have a decent collection pretty quickly.

So, if I buy a box of UFC 2010, the cards will be different to if I buy a box of UFC Title Shot? As in a different series?

I prefer to buy boxes, just for the sheer fun of unboxing, but don't want to end up with twenty million doubles.

I don't mind if I get the same guy several (or lots) of times, as long as the card format is different.

Hey mate, thanks for the info.

Yep massive UFC (and MMA in general) fan, along with being fairly OCD about things means I should have a decent collection pretty quickly.

So, if I buy a box of UFC 2010, the cards will be different to if I buy a box of UFC Title Shot? As in a different series?

I prefer to buy boxes, just for the sheer fun of unboxing, but don't want to end up with twenty million doubles.

I don't mind if I get the same guy several (or lots) of times, as long as the card format is different.

That is correct mate.

As for doubles, it is inevitable if you buy multiple boxes of the same product. I have got stacks sitting here gathering dust.

Excellent. Should have my first box of UFC 2010 in my hot little hands by the end of the week.

Good to have another ufc fan. Knockouts will be out soon I would go with them By a long shot .With a hit in every pack 4 auto's and 4 relic's in a box. Get on early because the price jumped quick with the last one's. The downside is strickforce is in the new series (might help price stay the same). Nothing like rippen these packs mate I say buy a case of case's!!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom