Wanganeen Retires

Real Name
Craig
eBay User
White_Chocolate_55
Well done to the champ.. 300 games, one of the best players to pull on an essendon jumper (and port power). Was always my fav player, even with Hird around .. until he left to captain a side and partially own a mcdonalds store in adelaide as part of the deal.. sad to see another champion bow out of the game.. not many left from the good old days..

Hird and Voss would be the names that come to mind..

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19396165-23211,00.html

2nd best player I ever saw after Hirdy. He could do things no other could. Highly underrated disposal too, one of the best kicks in the comp I reckon.

:D :D :D

well done on a brilliant career wangas, a true legend of the game!

he was always hard at the ball, one of the "one-percenters" who turned a game not through goals but through sheer effort and heart to set up his team mates. one of my fave players to watch in his prime. im a hardcore crows man, but you gotta respect the way he led port to the flag in 04, a great captain and leader.

man i remember his performance in the 1993 final.. fantastic.. his game where he kicked a point in brisbane 1996.. man that was unlucky.. i remember his semi final against those piss poor weagles ;) .. if i recall wce was meant to get the home final, but we got it due to the mcg final agreement...anyways.. great game that game from wangas.. always loved the guy.. though i wont miss him.. cos he always tore us apart playing against us...

A True Legend both the Power and The Maggies will surely miss him.Just a pitty he couldnt go out on a better note A champion of the game and one of the nices people you would ever meet

A brownlow a few day and night premierships with the Essendon then came home and won 2 night and a Day premiership. there aint to many players going around with those credentuals

I know he has done that, but IMO hes a great player, but not a champion.

I mean to win a Brownlow is awesome. And to win flags is a great accomplishment for a team not a player.

Always been an admirer. A real pity to see him go this way after all this time. :) He's a true modern day champion of the game! Won flags more than 10(11) years apart which is a feat on it's own(though he was lucky in '93). A brownlow, numerous B&F's, All Aust selections plus other individual accolades to go with this champion 300 gamer :D

he was a great player.. I think its not a bad time to go out on though.
300 Games, B & F winner afew times i think, Brownlow medalist and one of the greatest ever Indiginous players to play the game.

justdabestcards said:
A real pity to see him go this way after all this time. :)
dunno when that smiley got there :rolleyes:
meant to read: A real pity to see him go this way after all this time. :(

Back
Top Bottom