Walsh, Ambrose Auto's?

MattWasGF4L

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Hey guys

Was watchin some Cricket today, heard em talkin about the old Windies team which brought back memories, thought it would be cool to get some old school cards/auto's

Anyone know if they release Courtney Walsh, Curtly Ambrose, any other autos like that?

Cheers for any help

There have been no autos released for any West Indian player in the history of Australian cricket cards. In fact no international cricket player has had a signature card here in Australia.

There were West Indies players featured in the Scanlens sets of 1965, 1981, 1986 and 1988.

Futera cricket cards had West Indies players in 1996 and 1997.

I will put up some scans for you tomorrow...

Really? No auto's of international players?
So are the other release from overseas where you can get cards/autos of other players?

Seems a bit limited for such a popular sport in Aus

Scans would be great mate, wouldn't mind a look

Here are some pics for you Matt:

1965 Scanlens (Hall & Sobers)
1981 Scanlens (Garner & Lloyd)
1986 Scanlens (Holding & Richards)
1988 Scanlens (Ambrose & Richards/Dujon)

Some great looking cards here - back in the old days where players actually had the cricket pitch and the crowd in the background rather than fancypants computer graphics....why do they think graphics look better when they don't??!! (Sorry rant over, enjoy the cards) :thumbsup:

65 Hall.jpg

65 Sobers.jpg

81 Garner.jpg

81 Lloyd.jpg

86 Holding.jpg

86 Richards.jpg

88 Ambrose.jpg

88 Richards.jpg

I agree mate, all great looking cards!
Love the 65 Scanlens and the Clash for the Ashes ones

Thanks for posting!
Are they hard to obtain these days?

Agreed Brad! Love the 65's! Here are a couple of 96 Futera Inserts mate :)

TS Courtney Walsh.jpg

TS Curtly Ambrose.jpg

Gday Matt.. and fellow OCT members.

Thought I would share some of the cards that I have that have all been signed in person or TTM. Some memories here and signatures that are very hard to now get.

Got to love the Windies of old....oh the memories !!

Enjoy
Damian :v:

(click on images to open larger in new window)

West Indies 1.jpg

West Indies 2.jpg

Gday Damian

Bringin out the big guns hey?!

Wow, some spectacular cards there, must be rare!
Bringin back memories for sure, Ian Bishop, Courtney Walsh, man

I haven't seen many cricket cards before recently, I know Futera released NBL cards, are they now out of business/not producing aren't they?

Have you guys found the best place to get cards is ebay or any other site or you mainly trade/buy here?
Appreciate any advice for when I get my collection going, SO MANY nba ones on the go at the moment though too!

Futera UK are expected to release cricket cards next year. Hopefully they will will include overseas players apart from UK/Aust. We await impatiently.

Futera UK are expected to release cricket cards next year. Hopefully they will will include overseas players apart from UK/Aust. We await impatiently.

Good news! And hope they do add others for sure! That'd be a great way for me to crack into collecting some Cricket stuff!

---------- Post added 01-12-2009 at 07:02 PM ----------

time to bring out the good old youtube for the glory era of international test cricket...
[youtube]nuquDB2le8k[/youtube]

Good stuff Gary, there was one in there Videos You May Like called Ambrose "The Raging Bull" which was pretty cool, good highlights

Hey guys

Was watchin some Cricket today, heard em talkin about the old Windies team which brought back memories, thought it would be cool to get some old school cards/auto's

Anyone know if they release Courtney Walsh, Curtly Ambrose, any other autos like that?

Cheers for any help

I got this Authentic Signature of Curtly Ambrose :)
Memorabilia-Waugh in the Windiesb.jpg

Memorabilia-Waugh in the Windiesb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom