Wallabies - Smith dropped for Waugh

cliffy21

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Apparently the word is out!

George Smith has been dropped for Phil Waugh.
Waugh will start and Smith will be warming the bench!

Coach has said that we need to play the All Blacks in a different way.
He thinks that Smith is a more loose player whereas Waugh is a more physical player.

Any opinions? Or doesn't anyone care? lol :D

For me personally, Smith should be the first player pick for any Wallabies team. He is our super 14 player of the year and won the IRB world player of the year a few years back - I think?

If the Wallabies want to play a more heads on style then they can get rid of those girls in the back row - ie Fava and his girlfriends in the no 6 and 8 shirts! #-o

basically I think we need the beef in 6 and 8 not number 7.

Any opinions or are we too busy talking about which Melbie team is the best in AFL? :)

I htink they need to get Rathbone healthy and starting on the wing, there's a reason we poached him from the Springboks... we should be using him.... I also prefer Smith as our starter over Waugh....

Hold the phone - here's a kiwi perspective.... I agree.

Haha! Actually AJ I think Rathbone is a bit big in the arse!!! Too slow to turn around and could be shown up by The Rocket man. In my opinion Smith/Waugh are both excellent players and maybe it's time they swapped them to try something new. Agree Cliffy about the blouses at 6 and 8 but who do u replace them with - don't think Palu is experienced enough yet and will get eaten alive by Collins and Rodders so I guess u stick with the status quo. Looking forward to the game!!!

The missus said no.. I was hoping to catch the game at Eden Park on Saturday night! ;) Should be a pretty even game now that the ABs are putting up a slightly weaker side!

I think 15 pts in it.....our backline hasn't fired yet and our lineout can only get better and we'll demolish u in the scrums again.....

:axe:

Back
Top Bottom