Vince Carter - choke muchh?

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
The Cavs eliminated the New Jersey Nets 4-2 earlier today.

Vince Carter really has to be put to blame.

After such a strong regular season he was making a case to be regarded in the top shooting guards in the NBA once again, but this series he went missing.

No doubt Lebron was probably the best player in the series (only Jason Kidd provides competition), but Vince Carter really put in a poor performance!!

Does anyone else have comments on this?

To me there is really no exscuse for a franchise player like Vince Carter to go missing like that..

Shooting 35% from the field, 30% from the perimeter for the series is really just disgusting. Don't let his high points/rebounds/assists averages fool you.

Side note * - Carter scored 11 points on 4/11 shooting as the Nets were eliminated today.

Wince Harder :lol: Soft Soft Player...i dont think he's solely to blame, but a major reason why they lost...

Sure, he shot shit percentage, but usually there's players that can step up to fill the whole.

Where was Richard Jefferson????

to be fair Richard Jefferson wasn't great either, but RJ has nowhere near the expectations on him that Vince has/had.

And you really can't compare, RJ is an aggressive scorer who is also an X-Factor but he is not a player in the same calibre of Vince Carter.

Cleveland had their Lebron James.

New Jersey had their Vince Carter.

Vince Carter was terrible, Nets lose.

plain and simple.

It's just like Phoenix. You imagine the Suns have Nash, Marion and Stoudemire.

Marion can do a mediocre job, like RJ did, and Nash can do an amazing job like Kidd did in 5/6 games, but if Amare goes missing (Like Vince did), then that's the result.

Vince Carter is a highlight reel. An amazing one. He is not a franchise player IMO ... he would be a great complement to a franchise player. Team him with a Tim Duncan, KG, or Shaq and an average supporting cast - then you might win a championship and get value for money.

Vince Carter is a highlight reel. An amazing one. He is not a franchise player IMO ... he would be a great complement to a franchise player. Team him with a Tim Duncan, KG, or Shaq and an average supporting cast - then you might win a championship and get value for money.

He is a franchise player. He's got just as much talent and ability on the court as Tracy Mcgrady, Paul Pierce, Kobe Bryant or any of the other elite SG/SF type players in the NBA.

He just has some either mental problem, or problem performing on large stages because he's never been deep into the playoffs since his earliest days with the Toronto Raptors and that's when he was FULL of confidence.

He just has some either mental problem, or problem performing on large stages

That's my reason for saying he's not a franchise player.

I see franchise players as:
Great regular season stars.​
They are devoted to their team and its success (which shows through during free agency/contract negotiations)​
Leaders that make their teammates better players​
Players that take their game to the next level when the pressure is on​

I don't see all those qualities in Carter to a sufficient degree to say that he's a franchise player. Take nothing away from him skill-wise - he's as good, if not better; it's just many of the above are lacking IMO.

He is a franchise player. He's got just as much talent and ability on the court as Tracy Mcgrady, Paul Pierce, Kobe Bryant or any of the other elite SG/SF type players in the NBA.

He just has some either mental problem, or problem performing on large stages because he's never been deep into the playoffs since his earliest days with the Toronto Raptors and that's when he was FULL of confidence.

I really think a franchise player is someone who stands up when his team needs him. I have no doubt vince has the ability to do that but if he isnt able to do that at this stage of his career maybe they should look elsewhere. I still think it would be silly to get rid of him because he is a really good player but i think they need to unearth a newer and younger superstar to build the team around while they still have players like carter and kidd around. I love watching vince play and am in no way a vince hater but you also really cant blame vince for their loss.

RJ24 and VC15 were hot against raptors.. especialy RJ24.

i think they just run out the energy.. good for lebron james though... but i think he will run out his energy too

Carter is a bit of flat track bully, who finds it hard going again better defensive teams, and instead of putting his head down, taking good shots, he keeps throwing up crap shot after crap shot. You'd think having a contract year (if he opts out) would be reason to attack that rim like it was a young chick from Colorado and he was Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom