Ultra-rare BRADMAN auto...1/10!!

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Well guys - in my very best Ron Burgundy voice I would like to say....

"I don't know how to put this but this thread is kind of a big deal!!!"

Why? Well, until I opened today's mailday I had never seen this card - not even a photo of it. Had it not been for the Futera File I still may not know that it exists! In fact, I had owned the Futera File for near on 6 months before I finally made it to the back of the book, where, tucked away on p113 under the heading "Other Promotional Cards", I read the following passage...

Autographed Sir Donald Bradman
Redemption Cards

Retail 1993/94 Series

Ten specially produced Sir Donald Bradman autograph cards. These were produced in conjunction with the Crusaders and Catchers Sports Marketing Pty. Ltd. Ten picture cards were signed by Sir Donald Bradman and were embossed with a gold foil seal featuring the words "Limited Edition Authentic Autograph". The cards have the following corresponding certification numbers: 582, 581, 999, 986, 985, 948, 947, 946, 945 and 944.

Proceeds from the auction sale of these cards went to charity. The sale of the last of these cards occurred in January 1996 and resulted in a sale price of $1750.00. The highest price achieved from these charity card auctions stands at $2600.00. At the time of publication (1998) none of these cards are known to have hit the collectable market.

Only 10 of these were made....that effectively makes this card 5 times rarer than the 1998/99 Select Bradman signature card!

Anyway that's enough background info from me - after what has felt like an eternity paying off this cracker of a card I can finally say, "CARD IS IN-HAND....AND HERE ARE THE PICTURES!" :kick:

Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

Bradman1.jpg

Bradman2.jpg

Bradman5.jpg

Bradman6.jpg

Bradman.jpg

Your a LEGEND Brad! :worthy:
I never knew that this was a 3 card set, thank you very much for sharing champ :thumbsup:

Just like Sherlock Holmes always gets his man. You always get your card. Another zero on your mortgage. Well done mate.

Holy crap batman - that is friggin sensational!!!! If we had mailday of the century on this site that one would surely win!!!!!! I'd be tempted to send that one straight to the bank vault!

Congratulations and surely one to be proud of for many years, decades or even centuries to come.

So there 1000 of these cards and 10 of them were signed - Correct?

I collected that set and NEVER knew about those either, damn man that is an awesome card!

that is quite brilliant Brad, well done. beautiful signature too
never knew the card existed, thought i had read all of the futera file, but must have missed that bit.
agree with Crows2010 on the queestion everyone wants to know!!

fantastic. sensational. have been to the Bradman Museum a couple times and it was great! That is certainly a piece of history to treasure forever.

So there 1000 of these cards and 10 of them were signed - Correct?

Correct Richo. Therefore 990 of them appeared in packs of the retail edition of the 1993/94 series (ratio 1:384 packets), while these 10 were gold stamped, signed by the Don and auctioned off for charity.

oh my god mate that is UNREAL!

Can I ask the question everyone is wanting to know :p

Of course you can Ryan - and the answer is....

YES!! It does look as good in-hand as it does in the photos!

Not surprisingly I am rather reluctant to disclose my purchase price. Did I get it for a steal? No, but I didn't get completely bent over either. Cards such as these hardly ever come on to the market, so it is unreasonable to think they are going to be sold off for a song.

Would I have liked to hop into the Delorian and go back and pay the prices that they sold for way back in 1996? Hell yes!!

The way I see it they can bring out as many awesome cards as they like over the next 50 years....however they can never bring out any more Bradman signature cards. Of course they can do the old Donruss trick and cut his signature off a bank cheque and insert it into the card - however they can't create any new on-card autos of the greatest cricketer - perhaps the greatest sportsman - of all time. And I'm happy to pay what it takes for that....especially when it is a 1/10, comes with full documentation in the Futera "Bible" - and looks as sweet as this one does!!! :D

probably the best cricket card ever produced (maybe best card entirely) and shows the quality of the cards that futera were producing - pity the same cant be said for the way their operations were ran, but you cant fault this card at all

Back
Top Bottom