UD Unveils Plans for Acquired Fleer Brands

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
Upper Deck today officially announced its plans for the recently acquired Fleer brand trademarks, product names and die-cast collectibles business.

Upper Deck will begin producing and distributing Fleer branded sports cards to the marketplace in late-December, with 2005-06 Fleer Basketball (SRP $1.59). The landmark purchase of Fleer assets gives Upper Deck an instant historic presence in the sports collectibles and die-cast industries.

In addition, beginning in 2006 the company will release its first die-cast collectibles under the Upper Deck name.

Following the late-December release of Fleer Basketball (SRP $1.59), both Flair Showcase Baseball (SRP $4.99) and Fleer Ultra Hockey (SRP $2.99) will hit store shelves in January. Upper Deck will continue to release products from each sport throughout the year thereafter collectors have a chance to catch an advanced peek at Fleer branded products at the Toronto Fall Hockey Expo in November, in which Upper Deck will showcase over-sized images from 2006 Fleer Ultra Hockey.

“Fleer has built up a strong heritage and following with collectors,” said Joe Fallon, Director of Product Development for Upper Deck. “We feel that by carefully managing the portfolio in each sport collectors will have exciting new Fleer brands to look forward to in 2006 and beyond.”

In addition, Upper Deck has begun to move forward with creating and distributing die-cast models that collectors have come to enjoy over the years. The licensed line of Fleer die-cast vehicles released will span across all sports and be branded Upper Deck.

“Each release of Fleer die-cast product was widely anticipated and popular amongst collectors, and sports fans due in no small part to their focus on the detail and quality of their die-cast vehicles,” said Tim Muret, Vice-President of Upper Deck Authenticated. “We look forward to building upon that tradition of quality product while bringing Upper Deck’s passion for innovation to the product line.”

Other Fleer NBA products UD will be releasing - Hoops (Jan 06), Fleer Ultra (May 06) and Greats of the Game (Jun 06)

wHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

Greats of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1/1 cut Maravich auto here I come. I will bust some of that! I wondered what they were going to do with that as they recently aquired the retired players license.

Damn thats great news!

I imagine it will be sort of a combination of UD Legends & Fleer Greats of the Game. That'd be a hugely popular product, with the combined forces of Fleer & UD.

Yeah with the licence and the rights to Jordan etc this is going to be huge. I only hope its gives just as good as bang for the buck as ud legends and the previous gotg hobby product.

I'm going to start saving and try to get a case If I can :D

So they don't state the rrp price yet or any other info??

Havlicek logoman! I'd be in for that! Damn that will hit the hip pocket that one :shock:

Back
Top Bottom