trdspl's Super Packs - Group Mailday

Got mine tonight as well...and not a sight of any mojo imo.

Autos:
2007-08 Fleer Ultra Autographics - Jarrett Jack
2007 Topps Trademark Moves Level 1 Signature Swish - Adam Morrison (11/35)
2006-07 Upper Deck Sweet Shot Signature Shots - Rodney Carney

G/U:
2006-07 Fleer EX Connexions - Chris Webber/Andre Iguodala
2006-07 Upper Deck SP Game Used - Shaun Livingston
2005 UD Trilogy The Cutting Edge - Shaun Livingston (Livingston hot pack? :cry:)

Others:
Larry Hughes Fleer Ultra Gold Medallion
Bowman Chrome Ramon Sessions RC
Fleer Box Score Abdur-Rahim (/100)
Topps Adam Morrison RC
UD Chris Webber RC
UD Star Rookies - Rajon Rondo
UD Rookie Premiere - Hakim Warrick (/999)
Ovation Leading Performers - Ben Gordon
UD The LeBrons (LBJ-15)
Fleer Team Leaders - Tracy McGrady
and an interesting one...a ripped Topps Treasury - Chris Paul (7/10).

All for trade.

Busted my pack and it was a 3 out of 10. The MOJO is still out there.

ALL FOR TRADE.

AUTO's

F99EAE83.jpg

C239AE89.jpg

6FDEDA7F.jpg

JERSEY's

F804283B.jpg

4A2FEDDD.jpg

258547E5.jpg

AND THE OTHER's

85E752D5.jpg

C92BA0AB.jpg

OK, I got my pack of Steve ages ago (thanks for grabbing it mate) and got a little Mojo (nothing huge though). I did Ok with the GU's & Inserts but pretty crap with the signatures......That said, $35 wasn't too much of an outlay and you wouldn't get a box for $35 and get all of these:

2005/06 Topps Total Cyan Printing Plate - Maurice Williams 1/1 :D
2007/08 Upper Deck - All-Star Die Cut - Paul Pierce :)
2008/09 Upper Deck Game Jersey - Carmelo Anthony :)
2007/08 Ultra - Ultra Stars jersey - Marvin Williams
2006/07 Upper Deck Ovation - Spotlight Signature - Cedric Simmons
2006/07 Reflections - Signature reflections - Bobby Jones
2004/05 SP Signature Edition - Authentic Signatures - Nenad Kristic

Also got a couple of Larry Bird Inserts and some basic Rookie cards

What I will say is though.........from what I have read on this thread (so far) this quote isn't ringing quite true:
If you liked that last mystery pack sale with 1 auto and 1 GU for $20, you will LOVE these packs!
Now while I did do pretty good and I know there is MOJO out there still, I don't think the word LOVE is being used to describe many packs (lol) :p

Thanks for the chance at some MOJO though Quoc......I guess my dry run continues ;)

2005/06 Topps Total Cyan Printing Plate - Maurice Williams 1/1 :D
2007/08 Upper Deck - All-Star Die Cut - Paul Pierce :)
2008/09 Upper Deck Game Jersey - Carmelo Anthony :)
2007/08 Ultra - Ultra Stars jersey - Marvin Williams
2006/07 Upper Deck Ovation - Spotlight Signature - Cedric Simmons
2006/07 Reflections - Signature reflections - Bobby Jones
2004/05 SP Signature Edition - Authentic Signatures - Nenad Kristic

Also got a couple of Larry Bird Inserts and some basic Rookie cards
I think it was worth while just because I had a chance of pulling something huge so no regrets here.

What I will say is though.........from what I have read on this thread (so far) this quote isn't ringing quite true:

Now while I did do pretty good and I know there is MOJO out there still, I don't think the word LOVE is being used to describe many packs (lol) :p

heres a link to the last mystery pack sale..
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...84-ozflavas-smp-breaks-show-what-you-got.html

one of the autos Jay(LarryJohnson02) got books at $40BV
by itself it books higher than a few of the $20 packs i've browsed at...

do the math there is no comparison....
better yet, go buy 6 boxes of a product that features 1 hit per box
or 3 boxes of a product that has 2 hits per box etc etc
now after you've spent $300 odd dollars...tell me that you dont like my packs@$35 posted

Dont worry about it quok because there will always be a wiseguy out there

I picked up and busted my packs the other day and Was happy with the whole experience

So after logging on to post what i got and seeing all the sad comments about the Self Made packs

I agree with what Quok is saying about you dont get value like this when you spend the same money buying boxes and EVERYONE bought into this with a CHANCE of the big hit ( DURANT )

i have seen case shares get busted with a bunch of crap also... I guess it is how the box companies get rid of all their crap too ..... lol .....

Great value with the ammount of hits for the $$$ Quok :)

All my hits will be on show at the markets from this weekend :)

If everyone got good hits then it would take all the suspense out of this wouldn't it. We've ALL had terrible box breaks before (see my 2005-06 break thread CRY). I got no big hits no but I got a few nice cards. I'm just glad I had such good odds of getting a really nice few cards or redemption box. Thanks again for organising Quoc, you did a bang up job!

heres a link to the last mystery pack sale..
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...84-ozflavas-smp-breaks-show-what-you-got.html

one of the autos Jay(LarryJohnson02) got books at $40BV
by itself it books higher than a few of the $20 packs i've browsed at...

now after you've spent $300 odd dollars...tell me that you dont like my packs@$35 posted

I wasn't going to touch this thread, because I wasn't involved......but seeing how you KEEP comparing yours to mine, I will anyways. How in the world you think yours are great I will never know. Let's compare some basic facts from both SMP's.

- Yours had almost double the packs on offer (60 - 36), which gives you so much less chance of hitting the mojo. So right there, yours is already behind.

- Yours cost almost double mine($35 - $20). So people should expect double the value. Again, cheaper and more affordable

- Your total revenue from the your project was around $2000, mine was $720. So you hade almost 3 times the revenue to spend on hits so it's expected you would have some great cards in there.

- You named a couple of high end hits and then said when someone questioned you about other hits...."that you wanted to keep some level of suspense" in it for people. See Rhys video break below if you really think that knowing exactly what is in there makes a difference. By saying exactly what people should expect, there is little chance for confusion or frustration (other then missing the mojo).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09qgRyiL7E"]Rhys break[/ame]

The key here isn't the Magic auto pulled.....cause that obviously is the hit (although it blows your theory of "ruining" the excitement of knowing). What this shows is there is still some decent players in the other packs......Shawn Marion auto and Ben Gordon auto.......both All star calibre players. These were his "average" pulls. Obviously not everyone is going to hit the jackpot.....but you put 2-3 autos of garbage players worth about $2-3, plus 3 Gu that cost about $2-3 aswell together......which is a joke for $35. That means the main chunk of the packs cost about $12-18.

Read the first part of my thread from when I ran mine and there are some critical points....as is shown here by people's responses to yours.

High Volume - Waters down things so it's mainly going to be crap.

High cost - When you have watered down the product you have more chance of spending big dollars on crap (as most are seing with yours)

Transparency - While you named some of the hits, you also insinuated that there was more in there. Which so far is not the case.

I said in my original post that because of these factors it puts most people off SMP's. You have already had a couple of people say they will never go in them again.......because you did most of those things.

Let's look at the key facts

The main hits alone in mine cost approx

Lebron auto - $130 AUD
Stockton auto - $70 AUD
Magic auto - $75 AUD
Bird auto - $75 AUD
Garnett auto - $45
Deron auto/gu - $15

So just off those 6 cards, the total SV is $410. Shipping was about $65, bubble mailers was about $5, paypal fees about $20. So $500 for just those things, and we haven't even started on all the autos and things. Some of the non hits in mine were

Drexler auto
Kidd auto
Rick Barry auto
Nash Patch (Sold for $28 AUD recently)
Corey Brewer 1/1 plate (cost me $30 AUD)
Lebron GU
Lebron Topps Rc

Those cards there would sell for about $100 alone. So that means all the other Gu/ plates and autos were about $120. So about 35 Gu, and 30 autos, plus a plate. if you got an awesome deal on those and paid $2 each on all of them that's still $130. Add everything up and that's $730.....and that doesn't include RC's, base or inserts. So obviously I haven't made a cent, other then what they would actually cost to buy.

Your big hits were approx

Wade dual auto - $150 AUD
Durrant auto $150 AUD
Box Redemption - $100 AUD
Kidd/Rahim dual - $25-30 AUD
Bosh auto - $25 AUD
Gay auto - $10 AUD
Tyrus Thomas auto - $15
Lebron Gu - $15

So the main hits in here are about $460. Your total earned from this was about $2000, so after these hits we're on about $1540. Shipping would have been about $100, bubble mailers about $20 and paypal fees about $30.....so another $150 off there takes it to $1390.

So after all the hits, shipping and payments have been received there is $1390 left to cover the rest. I know you included around 180 autos and 180 Gu.....so we're looking at around 360 hits. Using the same calculation as mine at $2 an auto or gu, we come to $720. So $1390 minus $720 comes to $670 extra. REMEMBER, I didn't make even count the base, inserts and RC's included in mine and I still lost. Now I realize not all the autos/gu would sell for $2, but it wouldn't be a lot more....and I did it for both of us. The point is I made nothing off mine.....you made a killing.

Now I have heard you say it's better odds and hits then busting a box.....but last time I checked you weren't called Upperdeck or Topps. These companies are in the business of making money....your a member on a forum. I feel like it's an abuse on members trust of you to compare the 2.

I know there was guys who agreed and felt that this is run fine and I respect that. KEEP IN MIND FELLAS.......I'M ONLY POSTING THIS BECAUSE HE KEEPS USING MINE AS AN EXAMPLE AND COMPARING THE 2. For the record I do think this was a joke, with very little value for money....but I had the respect to keep it to myself. Now the nature of these is hit and miss, but the goal is to make it hurt less when you miss......by putting in more reasonable hits and costing less. I'm more inclined to hurt less if I've paid $20, then $35. AND NO, QUANTITY IS NOT BETTER THEN QUALITY!! MandC dropped about $220 on this and in his opinion his best auto was a Foye auto. That's ridiculous. Rhys dropped $60 on mine and got a Magic, Gordon and Marion auto......all better then the Foye.

Promote your thing however you want....but please don't say your's is better unless you can actually back it up.

Dont think you can make any comparisons untill all the packs have been opened...:D
Remember to be pleasant and respectfull when posting:v:

Damn i sound like a mod:rolleyes:

Dont think you can make any comparisons untill all the packs have been opened...:D
Remember to be pleasant and respectfull when posting:v:

Damn i sound like a mod:rolleyes:

I thought that was respectful :p

I agree totally on the comparisons mate.......so why does he keep doing it? Saying "they don't compare". Cause they don't compare....his is bigger and more expensive, so I would expect it to be better. All I did was defend myself and put facts forth so everyone else can decide. He initially posted about me almost 4 weeks ago and I've said nothing, so I'm not trying to cause any trouble.

I agree totally on the comparisons mate.......so why does he keep doing it? Saying "they don't compare". Cause they don't compare....his is bigger and more expensive, so I would expect it to be better. All I did was defend myself and put facts forth so everyone else can decide. He initially posted about me almost 4 weeks ago and I've said nothing, so I'm not trying to cause any trouble.

Mate you were within your rights to defend yourself once he mentioned your SMP's and to be honest you made some VERY good points! Personally I thought you were well within the forum boundaries so well done on your well thought out response.

Quoc - You replied to my post saying this:
trdspl said:

Yet I am unsure why ?!?
Did you actually read what I wrote?

Yeah I mentioned the fact that there seems to be a LOT of DUD packs but hey I did also say I think it was worth the $35 spent! As for the other stuff.........I am just stating facts mate, read through the thread and see what was written, I didn't just make it up! Ozflava's point on MandC_Perth's packs was pretty poignant and it cetainly made me stop and think.

No offence intended

Regards

Though everyone has very good points, I dont see it the same way. I am lucky, or unlucky, that I have 50+ sets going that I collect for. Out of the 70+ cards I received, 43 of them went into holes that I needed filled.

In this case, being I collect the set in general, its hard to get people to trade for cards i need as everyone wants HIGH end signatures and patches and to me, I just see them as part of the set I am collecting.

My expereince is different then yours, and though some people can say that the best card I got was the Foye, I see it as the best cards I got were 43 that most would bother trading to me anyway. As its very hard to trade JUNK cards for something nice unless your a set or player collector. Junk meaning its of a has been, or want to be, or just an over produced product which is in your buckets as we speak.

For the high end purests, this break was as bad as it gets. I agree with you on this by the way, one would believe that there would be some better cards as that is what we were lead to believe.

For myself, the set collector, I was lucky enough to get a large spectrum and didnt have to spend big dollars buying off ebay and the dumb ass shipping fees.

And because of a few good traders ( and you know who you are, thank you!) here, I am able to get what I need, but otherwise I get a NO THANKS from most or they want book value on a card that you cant give away on ebay.

Thanks to anyone who looks at this as not in my favour, but in one regard (not all), I am very happy with my results.

Cheers

Mike

Mike, I understand mate and I apologize if I'm coming off as a jerk. I really had been trying to avoid this whole topic, but found it really frustrating when I have this guy who is putting down mine with garbage comparisons. I understand some people take it a lot more serious than you and have a lot different motives than you. If you're happy with the outcome no worries by me mate.

As you said though, majority (95%) of those who go in these are going in for the big hits....it's just the way it is. I used you as an example for a couple of reasons though. You bought the most packs so were the best example.

here's how things would compare for you in mine and his

trdspl

7 packs - $220
12% of the packs.

mine

7 packs - $140
20% of the packs

You would have saved $80 and had almost double the chance of pulling the big hits. That was my point of using you. Plus, then you could have spent the $80 on base aswell....lol.

PM me what sets you need cards for and if I have any there yours mate.

i pulled a $40 card ay booyah lol, if people are really pissed or anything just go and have a look at every box of the fleer 08/09 case that has been busted so far

i pulled a $40 card ay booyah lol, if people are really pissed or anything just go and have a look at every box of the fleer 08/09 case that has been busted so far

You hit it right on the head. People seem to be getting stuff all, but the lure of those Jordans will sell the product alone, regardless of what else are in the packs.

sorry oz..Wasnt aimed at anyone ...more hint at everyone to keep it lighthearted.
More a case of bad choice of words:lol:

Are we moving off the purpose of this thread?

If people want to make this discussion, maybe creat a new thread - SMPs - yes or no?

Will see what I got tonight if I got the time.

Ersk

Yeah I had a suspicion those boxes would be duds.........the Jordan's nearly pulled me in for a box or two but I am glad I didn't now ;)

If people want to make this discussion, maybe creat a new thread - SMPs - yes or no?

Ersk

Ye,,,good luck mate..:thumbsup:
odds are lookin good for a nice break hopefully

Ersk

Fair call dude........Mojo to you man!

Look forward to seeing who gets some of the big hits :)

Back
Top Bottom