Trading Card Vending Machines

King@James

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
kingatjames
Now there's something you don't see everyday, It was a rare occasion and I had a baby sitter so I went to the movies:thumbsup:

As I was heading into Southland from the carpark I spotted this.
IMG_4498[1].JPG

I had not seen one of these before. I saw some hobby packs of Prizm for $12 a pack, the most expensive pack in the machine.:eek:
Anyway:whistle: I had to throw some money at it for the novelty of it.:cool: Didn't get anything from the pack as expected except for some base cards.
IMG_4499[1].JPG

Maybe cards are making a comeback at a corner near you!:cool:

Has anyone else seen one?

Im always cautious of vending machine packs and those random packs you see in the clear plastic containers/shelves in mewsagents.

I think it would be the easiest thing in the world to bust packs until you hit the auto, then put the others out there in newsagents etc for a huge $7-$12 a pack.

You know theres no big hits in them and you still profit.

There are tons of scumbags out there who'd do it.

I think someone posted on here about it last year.

Anyone ever had any luck with them?

I've seen that same machine at Southland and there's also one at Fountain Gate. Pretty positive for the hobby to have them available.

Must be a nice money maker if theyre charging $12 per pack for a $60 box with 20x packs in it:)

I hope they turn up in Adelaide, Im sure that I will buy a ton of them.

Must be a nice money maker if theyre charging $12 per pack for a $60 box with 20x packs in it:)

If they sell, it would make good money, I'm sure everyone knows it a bad idea but if you happen to walk past, you just pick up a pack:lol:

I think Prizm is more like $120/box, but even at that, that is a 100% mark up.

I probably went with the lowest price possible, to make my point:)

Its $60.95US a box, but you're right, once you add conversion rate and shipping itd be $120ishAUD.

I was more thinking (if that was your business) youd fill each order with 20+ boxes and select the slowest shipping, so shipping equates to only a couple of bucks per box.

caught my local news agent busting packs then putting the rest in the clear display it was almost like he new exactly where to find the hit every time i just sat there observing it from the bench he did it with 3 boxes

Back
Top Bottom