Trading Card Vending Machines

Just my thoughts,

I assume that some vendors are pack searching however is it really worth it for them?

Think of this vending machine charging $12 a pack for Prism x 20 packs in a box that adds up to about $240. Lets say the vendor wants to find the autos and leave all the dud packs behind, he would lose $12 for every pack he opens until he got the autos. Potentially he could run through the whole box before getting the autos.

In my experience, more times than not, the autos would not even be worth the $12. How many people can say the hits in the box were worth more than the price of the box. Not many.

So the vendor would be a lot better off just selling all the packs and not opening them.

Maybe if the buyers are getting a few hits here and there, they may be inclined to buy more packs more often right?

The new vending machines look very nice, here's what the old ones looked like:

upload_2015-1-11_10-37-48.jpeg

Oh this pic has taken me back, I remember packs with stickers on them, and the shop would give you a free packet!
:( I never should have stopped.

caught my local news agent busting packs then putting the rest in the clear display it was almost like he new exactly where to find the hit every time i just sat there observing it from the bench he did it with 3 boxes

Theres even a newsagent left that sells cards? I haven't found anywhere yet (as I am refusing to buy from Sportscardworld in the city)

Oh this pic has taken me back, I remember packs with stickers on them, and the shop would give you a free packet!

Theres even a newsagent left that sells cards? I haven't found anywhere yet (as I am refusing to buy from Sportscardworld in the city)

My local newsagency here in Melbourne sells them :p

Mate, even the Stirling newsagency sells packs :)

Greenacres newsagency just sells packs of hoops

Just for the record, a local news agency gets packs near me, I've spoken to them and seen how they receive them. They don't get sealed boxes, rather a box that's made up of hundreds of losse packs. So there are no guarantee of hits of any sorts. This may not be the case for every news agency. That also only applies to nba.

I grabbed a prizm pack from the one at fountain gate and got a gold dragic auto /10.
Was supsrised as all hell, I'll tell you that.

Let's hope the owner is legit, at $12 per pack it's a risk anyway.

Let's be honest, the risk/reward is the best part

I grabbed a prizm pack from the one at fountain gate and got a gold dragic auto /10.

Opening any pack has some sort of a gamble to it, you win some, you lose some. In your case you won :)

So it must be the same owner. Was Prizm the only Basketball cards there?

Back
Top Bottom