Totally Certified Green hype.

supertoad

OzCardTrader
Real Name
euge
Whatsup everybody? So i've been lurkng over at Blowout the last coupla weeks, I dont post much there. If you visit the forums under the various basketball categories, you'll quickly see how a lot of the hype/push for 10-11 Totally Certified Greens as the new PMG is coming from Blowout.

Theyre full-on hyped about it at the mo (not everyone) and you'll see what I mean when you head there.

This guy got a bit green-eyed from a cas break 2 days ago:

LIVE 12 box case of 10-11 Totally Certified. - Blowout Cards Forums

Good on him, he got 5 of the buggers (but it's the base greens you want).

Its a joke, i dont for a second believe its forums based. Ebay based if anything. No-one who thinks about it especially when u see future releases planning to flood this "idea" is silly enough to pay the exorbitant prices that has been happening. If u read closely some of the posts today, ie the rondo one, u will see the bigger more intelligent good guys over there find it all amusing.

Dont start the BO vs HK crap :) pointless and could argue both forums faults for hours. We are just lucky to have such a good community here at oct! Everything in our hobby is hype based, look at all the cards that have been hyped over last year... jordans, 90's, pmg's now certifed greens, sure i have missed other stuff thats been hyped. But if u aren't interested in following the flock there are lots of bargains to be found whilst others are flocking one eyed towards only certain cards!

I just saw the Felton in a Sale Thread!! WTF???? Its just a base parallel! And its Felton!!
I know, I need it. Starting to think I should off-load my Ty and Birdman ones.

The Totally Black 1/1 sold for less than half of that. Felton doesn't even play for the Nuggs anymore lol

Its a joke, i dont for a second believe its forums based. Ebay based if anything. No-one who thinks about it especially when u see future releases planning to flood this "idea" is silly enough to pay the exorbitant prices that has been happening. If u read closely some of the posts today, ie the rondo one, u will see the bigger more intelligent good guys over there find it all amusing.

Dont start the BO vs HK crap :) pointless and could argue both forums faults for hours. We are just lucky to have such a good community here at oct! Everything in our hobby is hype based, look at all the cards that have been hyped over last year... jordans, 90's, pmg's now certifed greens, sure i have missed other stuff thats been hyped. But if u aren't interested in following the flock there are lots of bargains to be found whilst others are flocking one eyed towards only certain cards!

Agreed! looking at what Panini is bringing out in a month or two, these prices seem way to crazy, a Tyreke green auto went for like $109 and the Base green that a guy busted here just sold
for $214 WTF? Im actually a bit angry at Panini For continuing to use the idea. I do understand it makes perfect business sense to do it "give them what they want" but all its really gonna do is flood the market
with colorful cr@p and make some player collectors increasingly frustrated/broke.

The hype is funny and It's ridiculous but not as funny as the comparisons being made on BO, if you need a laugh or you feel the urge to compare girlfriends, jobs, income & nut sacks that is the place to go.:lol:

Wow.....if the Golds are taking off.....I wonder what this would sell for? (#2/10)

Image30.jpg

I'm actually looking to sell it too! LOL

Cheers
Matt

Yep this is exactly why I wanted this thread put up on OCT. I dont like BO or HK any where near our forum here, and the green-hype is just one reason why. I can clearly see the realists from the posts they make and I've seen what you've been saying over there as well. Obviously ebay is the vehicle to offload these green cards, but when you look at their busting sub-page its all green-green and green.

I must admit, as a new collector (only july last year) I would love to have a JWall green RPA, just like what Terry from A1 sold the other week (good on him). This hype is also making me look at my Trevor Booker green RPA differently, I just got it cos it looked really nice. But as for being over-hyped, the certified greens sure are. And now the gold is happening? Oh no, but good luck to the guys who have them already.

Wow.....if the Golds are taking off.....I wonder what this would sell for? (#2/10)

Image30.jpg

I'm actually looking to sell it too! LOL

Cheers
Matt

Gold base, ave. price $11 Ebay completed listings
Gold patch $25 Completed listings

so surely the gold auto must be worth $4682.45 if you agree with the hype.......

Yep this is exactly why I wanted this thread put up on OCT. I dont like BO or HK any where near our forum here, and the green-hype is just one reason why. I can clearly see the realists from the posts they make and I've seen what you've been saying over there as well. Obviously ebay is the vehicle to offload these green cards, but when you look at their busting sub-page its all green-green and green.

I must admit, as a new collector (only july last year) I would love to have a JWall green RPA, just like what Terry from A1 sold the other week (good on him). This hype is also making me look at my Trevor Booker green RPA differently, I just got it cos it looked really nice. But as for being over-hyped, the certified greens sure are. And now the gold is happening? Oh no, but good luck to the guys who have them already.
Not going to lie, If the golds explode like the greens, I'm gunna cash in... I have half the base set in Gold :kick:

Not going to lie, If the golds explode like the greens, I'm gunna cash in... I have half the base set in Gold :kick:

I would too, have a few other golds too. You know, this is when the PC card debate (should I cash in now) comes into play and the black and white just becomes grey. I doubt many of us will be able to collect everything of a player but it would be nice to trade something which you got relatively cheaply out, for maybe 4 or 5 more PC cards.

Back
Top Bottom