Topps NBL 22/23 Official Thread

The auto checklist is greater than what I'd anticipated, so that's good.

Assuming the autos will be stickers, just hope they are applied to the card without detracting from overall look.

The overall checklist seems fair for a product that hasn't been retailed for 25+ years. Interested in the numbered parallels, hope they're nice.

Had forgotten about Chrome. Haven't heard anything about this since an initial release aaaages ago. Mem cards were supposed to be a thing in a later release too. Wondering if either of these are still a go.

edit: will be chasing Goulding / McCarron, if anyone hits and wants to move on.

Last edited:
I see Blowout Cards is offering boxes at $55 USD or if you want to buy locally Cherry have them for $165 each.

This is the signature checklist..... limited to 50 copies only (NBL Chrome is coming later on which will probably have these signers as well)

1684977993849.png
1:304 packs, this will be a fun chase, can’t wait to get one I think it’s more exiting not like NBA with a thousand different variations of autos, good luck everyone can’t wait to see who people get.

1:304 packs, this will be a fun chase, can’t wait to get one I think it’s more exiting not like NBA with a thousand different variations of autos, good luck everyone can’t wait to see who people get.
ummmm....you mention variations?

Blue (three per box), Aqua (/199), Green (/99), Fuchsia (/75), Gold (/50), Orange (/25), Red (/5) and 1/1 Sun Ray

Sticker autos. There is a Jack McVeigh ambitiously listed on eBay.

Have also seen boxes listed for AU$80 delivered (within US) by a US seller. Should become cheaper you'd say.

$120 from SJ is decent for Aussie sellers.

Have seen a few boxes auctioned from US sellers fairly cheaply, talking the US$35 range.

A lot of hits listed on eBay, obviously by the same US dude who must have bought a case and then listed everything at cooked prices. Haven't really seen anything other than the McVeigh auto still.

Anybody seen anything cool or ripped a box yet?

ummmm....you mention variations?

Blue (three per box), Aqua (/199), Green (/99), Fuchsia (/75), Gold (/50), Orange (/25), Red (/5) and 1/1 Sun Ray
I was talking about Autos, If the base is 1:304 can’t imagine the pack ratio on some of the others if they do autos in all of these,
1686309623985.png

Please see my hits...based upon my understanding of the odds seems like I did well to get an Auto

I will be putting up a Sale/trade list shortly

My thoughts on this release, it was great to get an NBL release after all these years. Nice cards, though release would have been better if

1. Less coloured parallels and another insert instead
2. Release was actually during the last season of NBL
3. Autographs were 1 in every 2 boxes

I'm keen to trade for Melbourne United equivalents, noting Auto / 50, Orange / 25, Gold /50

IMG_1480.jpg
IMG_1481.jpg
IMG_1482.jpg

Looks like we have secured and pre-paid for a factory sealed case for arrival in 2 weeks to sell the hobby boxes individually on ebay $119.95 and our website $109.95 express posted with no more to pay. These will be uploaded for pre-sale shortly. If you want them for $99.95 express delivered per via payid, please get in touch with me. Only 12 boxes left! Thank you. Gary

Last edited:
My thoughts on this release, it was great to get an NBL release after all these years. Nice cards, though release would have been better if

1. Less coloured parallels and another insert instead
2. Release was actually during the last season of NBL
3. Autographs were 1 in every 2 boxes

All of this.

Further to above, non-numbered coloured parallels are balls.

I was talking about Autos, If the base is 1:304 can’t imagine the pack ratio on some of the others if they do autos in all of these,
1686309623985.png
I think there is only base autographs. No parallel autos in this product.

Still, 1 in every 304 packs for an autograph. This is how it should be! The value will be there for ANY autograph out of this product.

I could wear the 1:304 if the autos were on-card. Rough odds for ordinary sticker autos though I reckon.
I do agree with this.

If you're only getting the NBL guys to sign 50 cards in total, you should be able to get them all on card.

Most of these guys would LOVE to sign basketball cards.

Most of these guys would LOVE to sign basketball cards.

100%!

I don't know what the forward planning is like between Topps and NBL, but I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to design an auto insert for the next release, print that, then have players sign them when they are all together at the next Blitz.

We can dream anyway. At least most major players you'd want to see were captured in the 50-card set. Well 49 of them, and Harry Froling.

Back
Top Bottom